The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nothinghead

the fibre network debacle

So what do yas reckon was the impetus behind the fibre network debacle? money in the right (/wrong) pockets obviously, but why? Slower internet means easier "security"? less piracy?

Or was is something simpler like Telstra not wanting to spend the money at present, and not having to do it because of the monopoly?

Any opinion appreciated of course, but At0m I hope you pitch in.

I can download a high qual (public domain ofc) movie in 3 minutes over here. 50 bucks a month, no cap ;)

On 20 August 2016 at 6:18 PM, hashslingr said:

So what do yas reckon was the impetus behind the fibre network debacle? money in the right (/wrong) pockets obviously, but why? Slower internet means easier "security"? less piracy?

Or was is something simpler like Telstra not wanting to spend the money at present, and not having to do it because of the monopoly?

Any opinion appreciated of course, but At0m I hope you pitch in.

i think it was purely oppositional politics. remember abbott for most of his time as prime minister would oppose just about anything labor came up with purely for the reason they were the "enemy". 

dunno, past the point of no return?

if he turns back on it now he'll look like a complete twat as he was the one pushing it under abbott's leadership?

he's just a nonce?

we may never know.....