The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

American election, what's your call

“this election woukd be the ultimate embodiment of NWO Hegelian dialect”

Hegelian dialectic? Sure, a two party electoral battle is in some sense dialectical, but I don’t think that’s the best way to characterise it. After all, the candidates aren’t tempering their own policy against the strengths and weaknesses of their opponent’s to arrive at a productive compromise. Their method is to pay attention to contradictions and achilles’ heels so they can promote their own relative consantcy as superior and reliable. What would make it Hegelian? And what place do wanky philosophical terms have in these sorts of debates? As far as I can see they’re mostly just another tool for obfuscation to make this whole pantomime feel more real and weighty that it ever could without the packaging.

Why are the two poles you offer globalism and populism? I suppose you are suggesting Trump as populist for his rhetoric about trade and jobs, and Clinton as globalist for her transnational ambitions. But I don’t think these are succinct or accurate labels, and they don’t align with the political affiliations of the candidates: republicans might be populist in rhetoric, but are absolutely opposed to it in policy. Globalism is not a leftist position in the way that Clintonite liberals formulate it within a “dollar rules” paradigm.

The dispicable bullshit they’ll implement, whomever gets in, is to consolidate the business relationships particular to whichever nominee dupes the people best. Social policy and law barely touches Trump, Clinton, and their major supporters. They don’t give a shit about the great unwashed or the rules we have to follow beyond our capacity to produce capital for them and maintain an elite status quo.

“He could sell ice to the Eskimos that guy…”

Is this really how some people see Trump? Even my conservative, xeno-skeptic, individualistic, circle of acquaintences thinks he’s a fucking muppet. I thought mostly only Americans were fooled by his confidence game.

• Like 1

you're incorrigible thunder

Q: How do you beat Hillary at cards?

A: You save your Trump card...

Q: What instrument is the one 'everyone' tells you that you've got no chance at playing something good on, but you do it anyway and prove them wrong?

A: The Trumpet

Q What do you call someone who has left a huge pile of shit in their wake?

A: Hillary

davapemademedoit.com

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DiscoStu said:

you're incorrigible thunder

It might have seemed like I snubbed some of the latest opinions in the thread before turning up the crazy factor with an unexplained jpeg, as though that proves I am right.

I did one of those things, as for the picture it is prime breaking news, its legit and for some reason reddit removed it the first time.  in other news wikileaks is copping ddos attack and twitter is also having outages.

Looks like Clinton is climbing to an unstoppable lead once again.

i had a dream last night i was toasting a trump victory 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Looks like Clinton is climbing to an unstoppable lead once again.

No it doesnt. there are polls giving either side leads of up to four or five points in some cases, they are split.  leads in six swing states are split down the middle too.

Only one poll matters.

Anyway some more humour.  there is no punchline.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton walk in to a bar.

Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says,

“The media is really tearing you apart for that Scandal.”

Hillary: “You mean my lying about Benghazi?”

Trump: “No, the other one.”

Hillary: “You mean the massive voter fraud?”

Hillary: “You mean the military not getting their votes counted?”

Hillary: “Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?”

Hillary: “Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?”

Hillary: “You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?”

Hillary: “Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?”

Hillary: “You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?”

Hillary: “Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?”

Trump: “No the other one:”

Hillary: “Turning Libya into chaos?”

Hillary: “Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa?”

Hillary: “Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi?”

Hillary: “Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?”

Hillary: “The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the “moderate” terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya?

Hillary: “The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII?”

Hillary: “Leaving Iraq in chaos? ”

Hillary: “The DOJ spying on the press?”

Hillary: “You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?”

Hillary: “Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring citizens’ ?”

Hillary: “The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?”

Hillary: “Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?”

Hillary: “Threats to all of Bill’s former mistresses to keep them quiet?”

Hillary: “You mean the INSIDER TRADING of the Tyson chicken deal I did where I invested $1,000 and the next year I got $100,000?”

Hillary: “You mean when Bill met with Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, just before my hearing with the FBI to cut a deal?”

Trump” “No, the other one.”

Hillary: ” You mean the one where my IT guy at Platte River Networks asked Reddit for help to alter emails?”

Hillary: “You mean where the former Haitian Senate President accused me and my foundation of asking him for bribes?”

Hillary: “You mean that old video of me laughing as I explain how I got the charges against that child rapist dropped by blaming the young girl for liking older men and fantasizing about them. Even though I knew the guy was guilty?

Hillary: “You mean that video of me coughing up a giant green lunger into my drinking glass then drinking it back down?”

Hillary: “You mean that video of me passing out on the curb and losing my shoe?”

Hillary: “You mean when I robbed Bernie Sanders of the Democratic Party Nomination by having the DNC rig the nomination process so that I would win?”

Hillary: “You mean how so many people that oppose me have died in mysterious was?”

Hillary: “Travel Gate? When seven employees of the White House Travel Office were fired so that friends of Bill and mine could take over the travel business? And when I lied under oath during the investigation by the FBI, the Department of Justice, the White House itself, the General Accounting Office, the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, and the Whitewater Independent Counsel?”

Hillary: “The scandal where, (while I was Secretary if State), the State Department signed off on a deal to sell 20% of the USA’s uranium to a Canadian corporation that the Russians bought, netting a $145 million donation from Russia to the Clinton Foundation and a $500,000 speaking gig for Bill from the Russian Investment Bank that set up the corporate buyout?. That scandal?”

Hillary: “That time I lied when I said I was under sniper fire when I got off the plane in Bosnia?”

Hillary: “That time when after I became the First Lady, I improperly requested a bunch of FBI files so I could look for blackmail material on government insiders?”

Hillary: “That time when Bill nominated Zoe Baird as Attorney General, even though we knew she hired illegal immigrants and didn’t pay payroll taxes on them?”

Hillary: “When I got Nigeria exempted from foreign aid transparency guidelines despite evidence of corruption because they gave Bill a $700,000 in speaking fees?”

Hillary: “That time in 2009 when Honduran military forces allied with rightist lawmakers ousted democratically elected President Manuel Zelaya, and I as then-Secretary of State sided with the armed forces and fought global pressure to reinstate him?”

Hillary: “I give up! … Oh wait, I think I’ve got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?”

Trump: “THAT’S IT! I almost forgot about that one”.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

No it doesnt. there are polls giving either side leads of up to four or five points in some cases,

LOL just havin' a joke with you man. :P

News just in, Clinton is kicking ass. Poor old Trump -his tower is burning down around him.

Hillary is now projected to take all battleground states except Ohio.

It's a total wipeout!

Edited by Halcyon Daze

I have been watching the election and am overall disappointing.

We have a bunch of politics essentially trying to save their own skin while continuing to encourage a system designed to control the human population.

They come up with many excuses, 'we love the people!', 'we support the people!', but generally just empty threats.

Perhaps if Hilary stopped egging Trump on?

More importantly, perhaps, if any politic on planet Earth was ever true to their word.

So, what does one do, with a den full on corruption.

With a suffering planet?

Hopefully, some people on our planet may smarten up, I certainly don't see it 'up top'.

And when the people do smarten up, well, one warning, two.

The government reap what they sow...

Too little, too late.

Or shall we let it continue, and watch our planet die?

I think we all get the point.

Well, this could get interesting.

OMG an end to civilisation as we know it. Time to start learning Chinese :wacko:

1 hour ago, Change said:

Party @ThunderIdeals place 

Everyone's invited :wink: :P

We are still in deep doodoo.  calamity is baked in the cake, Trump not a wizard etc

I have nfi what comes next but its not good.  

Edited by ThunderIdeal

he fucking flipped PA, it's a fucking landslide

and michigan too, she got fucking routed

disgusted, horrified, but not in the least bit surprised. I lost faith in the American people when they re elected W Bush, this is another nail in the coffin. The loss for Hillary is an indication the people are fed up with the "traditional" parties which is good, im just sad that its someone like trump who has benefited from it. interesting times ahead.

"California uber alles"

3 hours ago, obtuse said:

wtf happened there .....

Well, approximately half of American voters voted for Satan is what happened

Im as shocked as anyone

Yet with so many people voting for a complete sack of shit, more still voted for the better candidate.

:)

Fucking epic day lads

election-decision-rgb-ben-garrison_orig.

I means, it wont be shiny like that, but the right choice was made and with a bit of luck a few positive changes will slowly permeate around the world.

:)

But there will be tough tines ahead.

Ive said it so many times now, looming hardships have been inherited by Trump, not caused by him.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

clinton refusing to give a concession speech. what an absolutely sour cunt

• Like 1

the omen's son damien has the most funny body language going on whilst daddy is talking

"Yeah, like what ever dad"

let the reign of  bizzarroworld begin

Edited by etherealdrifter
spelling