The Corroboree

Hahahah This is why I found it so hilarious because the description is still perfectly apt either way 

• Like 1

Ok so march update is up, photo heavy this month :)

• Like 2

Hey Plant Boy. :) . I'm glad your house didnt get flooded in. You must have been a bit worried, lol. 

Its nice to read about you living the dream.  Some of the photos in your blog show up as blue boxes with question marks. I'm viewing from an iPad so not sure if it's my software or what, but.... the pics do show if I tap on the question mark.  I love the photos of all the creatures that live there with you. 

Just a suggestion, maybe you could put the link of the blog in your signature here ( info displayed at the bottom of each post) and then there's no need to go back to the first page of this thread?! :) 

Keep living the dream mate. Enjoy it. Most of us are still doing the 9-5 in suburbia and can't help but envy you. Lol. 

• Like 2

That is a fine suggestion!

It took me a while to find the sig option but there it is :)

I am glad you enjoy. Imiss you!

Ilove you all for being here!

• Like 1

theres some more updates for your enjoyment@ lots of photos this time.

• Like 3

Cool blog!  The animal rescues were my favourite part.

Thanks for taking the effort to blog about your lifestyle change @niggles, I'm glad to have found this forum as it seems there are many people 'livin' the dream' and being very honest about the reality of moving towards self-sufficiency/reliance and living close to nature.

In regards to your post from March 4, 2017, I just wanted to express gratitude for your honesty and the strength required to put that kind of thing out there. It's very interesting to me, currently trying to navigate my own traumatic past and drawing a lot of parallels with what you had written back then.

Reading a few posts on pursuing a self-reliant lifestyle on here has driven it home that I have to keep my nose to the grindstone for the time being in order to clear my (thankfully minimal,) debts out and get a decent amount of money behind me in order to take my next steps towards living a more ethical lifestyle; one that will allow me to focus on healing and connecting with the land rather than doing a mediocre job of keeping up appearances.

Loved reading about what you're doing, LOVE the wildlife shots, the huntsman varieties you're sharing with are well impressive, my housemates are tiny in comparison!

Please keep posting :)

EDIT:

Did you write much about preparing for the move? Practicalities such as how you prepared for it financially, how the hell you found the joint in the first place, that kind of thing. It all seems so mysterious to me, like some kind of unreachable goal, but perhaps asking the questions is a good start.

Edited by Tøn
Added last paragraph
  • Like 2