The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AbleKay

any old ravers out there?

found this pic on Facebook a few years ago... it wasn't a pic of me but i'm fairly easy to spot hahaa

just stumbled upon it again, got me thinking that there must be a few others out there that participated in the end of evolution (as we will know it anyway...

14860607097_60c16c2d44_c.jpg

• Like 6

There are quite a few people on this forum who would remember nights like these,I still have fond memories of the Green Ant and Every Picture Tell's A Story parties in Melbourne  back in the mid nineties and the early Earthcores were rockin before Spiro pulled a Christopher Skase:wink:.

• Like 2

some awesome nights back in those days, its a shame i got to old to even doof properly these days 

• Like 3

I raved in Sydney from late 91 through to around 2000, and still go to the very occasional catch up event. Srh do family friendly day events in Sydney park around once a year, they're good fun for those of us who find it hard to commit to a full on night. 

• Like 4

i remember the early mid 90's bush doofs in Tasmania. wow!!!!

back in the day when no one cared who the dj was, and they were off in some tent somewhere.

it was all about the music and the experience.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 2

the word raver hit a soft spot.  long time no rave... 

when no one cared who the dj was

I am still like that

I love old-school rave music and I have been listening to it since 92 or something, but I didnt attend lots of raves in the old days, I was too young at first, then when I was a bit older the scene in the town died and I was starting to listen to other stuffs too, like greek punk rock. 

my best raving days where definately 2002 berlin, where I attended the most and best gabba techno and dum n base parties I could ever imagine

ALWAYS LOVE BERLIN

On 7/14/2016 at 10:57 AM, Glaukus said:

Srh do family friendly day events in Sydney park around once a year, they're good fun for those of us who find it hard to commit to a full on night. 

Wanna invite me to the next one? I only ever seen ska and sometimes psytrance stuff in the park 

• Like 2

When does this 'too old to rave' phenomenon hit? 

I'm turning 30 and the only thing that  I can see putting me off is looking visibly older, out of place.  It's purely psychological.

You're never too old to rave. I went to a party a few months ago and threw down pretty well. I'm "considerably" older than you stonewolf...the music just takes you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

You're never too old to rave. I went to a party a few months ago and threw down pretty well. I'm "considerably" older than you stonewolf...the music just takes you.

Yeh music's great like that hey. I'm still the old guy moshing too hard for the 18yr olds at punk shows hahaha 

• Like 2

Hb said too old to "doof properly", I dont think he meant he's incapable of having a stomp.  probably something along the lines of fatigue from the driving, days and nights of lost or poor sleep, anxiety at disturbing stylistic/behavioural trends in the scene, tennis elbow from telling youngins to get off his damn lawn, expense replacing lost dentures, etc

• Like 4

On 7/13/2016 at 9:53 PM, AbleKay said:

found this pic on Facebook a few years ago... it wasn't a pic of me but i'm fairly easy to spot hahaa

just stumbled upon it again, got me thinking that there must be a few others out there that participated in the end of evolution (as we will know it anyway...

14860607097_60c16c2d44_c.jpg

lol. are you angry guy on far right with hands on hips or the little dude in the middle with the superman t on or the girls athe bottom left or chemistry advanced..lol who is you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theuserformallyknownasd00d said:

Yeh music's great like that hey. I'm still the old guy moshing too hard for the 18yr olds at punk shows hahaha 

80s skate punk stuff by any chance?

NOFX, pennywise et al 

*raises hand*

Anyone remember the e-child forums?

• Like 1

Not exactly rave though,  more like techno which is good because that's what I once liked about rave..

Can't bring myself to go out and hear happy hard,  even though it'd probably be loads of fun :)

• Like 1

On 14 July 2016 at 10:57 AM, Glaukus said:

I raved in Sydney from late 91 through to around 2000, and still go to the very occasional catch up event. Srh do family friendly day events in Sydney park around once a year, they're good fun for those of us who find it hard to commit to a full on night. 

my era... I struggled to find much that got my attention past 97 though... reunion rave was my last though I struggled when it got to 3am hahah ,)

On 17 July 2016 at 6:51 PM, etherealdrifter said:

lol. are you angry guy on far right with hands on hips or the little dude in the middle with the superman t on or the girls athe bottom left or chemistry advanced..lol who is you

Chemistry for the win ,)

• Like 2

On 7/14/2016 at 5:57 PM, Glaukus said:

I'd love to go to one of these, can you give out any more information about it?