The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yeti101

WA police crack down on people picking magic mushrooms

I watched a doco on ballingup and the sub culture maybe 20 years ago and the cops were all over it even then. I thinking was called "fungimentary".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glaukus said:

I watched a doco on ballingup and the sub culture maybe 20 years ago and the cops were all over it even then. I thinking was called "fungimentary".

I remember seeing the first half hour of that doco, and as I recall it was only due to community prompting that the cops did anything. From what I remember the foragers were parking on private land, or accessing forests via private land, in decent numbers apparently, and conservative land owners got pissed. Could be wrong though... 

Either way, absolutely fucking crazy waste of public money, not to mention the police man hours which should've been by rights focused on violent crime, etc.

I think most of the people caught and busted for possession just copped a fine and had their subs confiscated.

"Most expensive mushrooms I ever had!" I believe one of them said. 

*edit - From the story:

Police said not only were the mushrooms toxic and dangerous, it was also illegal to collect them

WHADAFUK? :huh: Spot on coppers. Way to educate the population, ya fuckwits.:angry:

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2016 at 8:30 PM, Responsible Choice said:

I remember seeing the first half hour of that doco, and as I recall it was only due to community prompting that the cops did anything. From what I remember the foragers were parking on private land, or accessing forests via private land, in decent numbers apparently, and conservative land owners got pissed. Could be wrong though... 

Either way, absolutely fucking crazy waste of public money, not to mention the police man hours which should've been by rights focused on violent crime, etc.

I think most of the people caught and busted for possession just copped a fine and had their subs confiscated.

"Most expensive mushrooms I ever had!" I believe one of them said. 

*edit - From the story:

Police said not only were the mushrooms toxic and dangerous, it was also illegal to collect them

WHADAFUK? :huh: Spot on coppers. Way to educate the population, ya fuckwits.:angry:

AFIK psilocybin , LSD , psilocin , etc ,  have NEVER killed anybody , despite some huge doses being taken , and in fact are noted for their lack of toxicity ....

• Like 1

On 05/07/2016 at 8:59 PM, Terrapin said:

• Like 2

Apparently its getting pretty busy down there these days , its even getting picked clean , and how is that even possible in those areas that are very prolific fruiting zones I have no idea ...

I've heard reports of large groups of unsavoury types (meth heads) picking for too long , too many, being too loud. leaving behind bourbon cans and other rubbish.

They should have an act as the ruin it for others...Oh well hopefully it helps them get off the ice.

Mate reckons its time for some ingenuity with some wood chips /logs far from the area elsewhere... idk what he means :P

Probably the authorities spray the mushrooms with chemicals down there ,so it could be a good idea leave 'em to the noobs... i wouldn't touch 'em myself

Edited by bℓσωηG