The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA 2017 psychedelic symposium and headliner presenter suggestion...

14 hours ago, RonnySimulacrum said:

Hey Evil Genius, how do we get a hold of your book?

Not sure if it's still available Ronny but here's the thread about the crowd funding for the book:

The indegogo still seems active.

And EG has said hes going to pull the plug at a moments notice:

9 hours ago, obtuse said:

And EG has said hes going to pull the plug at a moments notice:

Oh, well there goes my reason for a fundraiser, lol. 

pull the plug on the indegogo campaign.  if your thinking what we were talking about?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, obtuse said:

pull the plug on the indegogo campaign.  if your thinking what we were talking about?

Ah, now i get what your talking about . I thought you meant Evil Genius may pull the plug on attending EGA at the last minute!  But your not, phew. 

Never mind me, carry on :) 

• Like 1

i think he is coming even if i have to fly to germany and bring him back in a sack

• Like 4

just a thought...it would be cool to see if EGA 2017 could incorporate a screening of 'Dying to Know' the Leary-Ram Dass film premiered in the US recently http://dyingtoknowmovie.com/

Edited by Flux
  • Like 3

Iain McGregor

Dunno if this guy is too mainstream for EGA or in the wrong area of research (more psychoactives in general than psychedelics specifically), I've never been to one of these things so I'm not sure what the crowd is like. But he is a great speaker, has a very infectious enthusiasm about his field and is doing current research into a range of topics around psychoactive drugs, some of his specialties are synthetic cannabinoids and emerging analogues:

"I remember when some of these things were developed 20 years ago. Occasionally we'd think, 'My God, I wonder what this would do to a human, because look what it does to rats.

What really concerns me is how long before something really, really nasty comes along," the professor says. Already they've noticed that some of the cannabinoids have had their structures altered through the addition of fluorine, which has been linked to severe kidney damage and even birth defects. "So what if there is one like thalidomide - how long will it take us to realise that?"

McGregor's department is setting up an early warning system, testing the new drugs' toxicology and publishing the results on the internet.

Years ago he gave a little bit on some ABC program where he offhandedly mentioned some theory that the memory effects of cannabis are due to it mimicking an endocannabinoid system that developed to help us forget irrelevant stuff so that we don't go batshit insane like those poor mnemonists - it totally changed the way I thought about that. But if you can just turn on the TV & see him talking on Catalyst (albeit about his more mainstream topics of study), then perhaps he's not what you're aiming for here. Definitely watch out for his media appearances though - he seems to have the rare skill of saying sensible harm-minimisation stuff in a really media-friendly non-controversial way, we need more people like him!

Edited by Anodyne

Fabian Piorwsky is an Ayahuascero/Chemist/Yogi/Shaman from California, would be awesome to see him involved in the EGA he does online lectures and Q&A, very thorough and in depth scientifically/chemically and goes in depth spiritually incorporating holistic views and the kabbala and much more, He holds san pedro, ayahuasca and iboga ceremonies in many countries including Australia im pretty sure, incorporating all 3 plant medicines and has some profound discoveries to share and knowledge, hes leading a forefront of new discoveries and techniques, not sure how he would respond but maybe worth a shot? Ive had very cheerful email contact with him, top bloke.

Dennis McKenna, Alex Grey would be amazing, bit of a longshot! Haha :D

Check out Fabian anyway, very informative and quite profound!

Fabian is the only person ive ever known of to separate ayahuasca into two parts, the Banisteriopsis brew drank first and then followed by the Psychotria mixture shortly after the maoi has taken effect, Very interesting, and to correct myself he wouldn't do ceremonies here as it would be illegal, must just be lectures ive heard him mention Australia and his spagyric tinctures :) he also uses san pedro and ayahuasca in the same day somehow safely?!?, He has found a way around the amphetamine being lethal due to the maoi, he has some profound discoveries of the combinations of mescaline, harmine/harmaline, dmt and ibogaine used in conjunction over a short period of time, 9 days I think his ceremonies usually span, Very interesting stuff.

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 1

Liking that Eric Davis is being given some thought Ronny. Would be very interested in hearing some talks from him.