The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MrDuke

Deleting Facebook Finally

Random post I know but i just deleted my account on facebook and it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders,I am free to use the internet now without getting side tracked and non productive.Just wanted to let anyone who feels like they might be stuck in the endless scrolling facebook trap that there is hope lol.Guess its could be agood time to be a more proactive contributor here.:wink:

• Like 9

Except you can never really delete your account, just disable it ;-)

Good job man, I know the feeling, I too removed myself from Facebook quite some time ago and felt it was a positive move for me.......

However about a month ago I created a new account to join a specific group, strictly no friends, just cruising so i can buy huanshuma's seeds  drool!

• Like 1

Cheers d00d and Yes doublebenno you are correct but i wont be re-activating too many privacy issues, I will miss the echinopsis hyrbid pages the most but its not like i wont see them in my garden:)

• Like 1

I think sab is basically peopled by Fb rejectors these days.

• Like 5

On 6/30/2016 at 8:57 AM, theuserformallyknownasd00d said:

Got rid of it 4+ years ago! Now everyone thinks I'm either a cop or using a false name hahahaha well done man you shall feel rewarded now your free!!

Yeah that's something a jack would say

• Like 3

I cancelled my Twitter account because I was being followed.

im being followed.jpeg

5777a02d99a15_imbeingfollowed.jpeg.37f9d23fb1bcf3f9716832031b4a3322.jpeg

5777a02d99a15_imbeingfollowed.jpeg.37f9d23fb1bcf3f9716832031b4a3322.jpeg

• Like 1

I mainly use FB as an alternate news feed. But yes most of the time it's just a load of useless crap. I think one day in the future I'll probably follow suit and stop using it. 

Facebook news feed was caught out showing strong institutional bias favouring liberal sources (despite their cries of denial) 

• Like 1

There's a lot of useful information in groups to be found in Facebook these days, so a fake account is definitely handy, but i agree... most of it is just an amazing waste of time.

• Like 1