The Corroboree
Yeti101

Are We Living in a Computer Simulation?

Haven't watched the video, but first thoughts are a computer simulation refers to something where our actions don't matter. A dream where everything is hazy and nothing else is real.

i think about this and wonder, does it matter?

i mean if we are a simulation, then we can't hope to "wake up" to another reality which means this reality is the only one we'll ever know which means nothing has changed.

Edited by DiscoStu
  • Like 3

i also find it kind of ironic after centuries of trying to prove there is no creator being scientists are now trying to prove it,

in a sciency way of course because religious creator beings are wrong but sciency creator beings are the correct ones

• Like 2

7 hours ago, courage said:

Haven't watched the video, but first thoughts are a computer simulation refers to something where our actions don't matter. 

I don't have time to go into it this morning, but the short answer is that I think you are wrong about that. Say you are a simulation, and that sim-you still experiences pain. Does that pain no longer matter to you? We don't need to understand the universe to know how we feel. 

Yeah, just pointing out that labelling it a dream or simulation carries that connotation.

As much as I see something 'not real', in our veil of understanding, I don't see it as any less real.

Not trying to pick anything apart, it's just a connotation I've seen with dangerous results so just being clear for my own sakes.

Edited by courage

Yeah still have difficulty with his use of the term 'simulation'.

I don't completely understand density but I can tell you a story which helps fill some of the gaps/connect dots in my own knowing/awareness.

If we consider this creation a counterpart to exploring the void can imagine beings extending themselves to great lengths for such a projection which would involve much higher energetic capacities. To the point where a connection may have been lost in lower densities there was no understanding or preparation for. I see that as a flaw in a creational process that extends across enormous multi-dimensional pathways in other things I have been writing.

Consider that a serious “misinterpretation” of The Creator’s desire to have an equal to work with occurs and thus facilitates the emergence of what would become a creation-level center of dark force influence that eventually affects all creations within its sphere of influence. Divine Mother creation structure begins and in turn replicates myriad sub-levels of its initial “guiding directive” that was initially “in error”. Numerous mis-creations established and removed. The sector of Divine Mother that includes Earth is created/developed. Numerous creations and beings begin and finish their evolution.

A Working Timeline

Note: Most of these ancient times are very approximate and are intended to provide a perspective of time scale. As we approach more modern times, the time period comes into closer focus relative to the human calendar. As we enter into the recent years, there are enough first-hand accounts from the “gnosis” to identify events within a matter of months.

Roughly 100 or more million years ago, within this creation sector, a structure increasing in density began and developed self-awareness. Within a 20 or 30 million years this structure doubled in its density.

About 30 to 25 million years ago twenty to twenty five million soulless ones (“demonic entities”) started entering into this creation structure and relatively quietly established a foothold here and began to move to take over this creation structure and drain it of energy as they did the one of their origin.

From 10 million years ago to 5 million years ago preparations were made to reenter this structure on behalf of the light. This included calling in beings from other universes and creations that were better equipped to help with the fight against the darkness that had entered into this creation. These beings were more familiar with the process of bringing structures back into the light and had a greater reserve of light to work from.

5 million years ago the second great push to return this sector to light and remove all darkness with was started. This one was better prepared and had more experienced beings involved with action but it was not as successful as was hoped. Beings outside this sector could not see in and could not adequately know what to expect. The beings were met with great resistance by the forces of the dark, the soulless ones and the fallen ones. Because of the preparation by the beings of light and because of the development, power and stature of many of these beings, the dark could not overwhelm them as they did the first great wave of beings. 

The battles were great with many losses on both sides. The fighting came to a standstill and has been much like that of a guerrilla action from that time on. Winning in some areas and losing in others. This is the origin of many of the ones we call “light workers” today. They came to help save this sector of creation and became trapped here, unable to leave and unable to finish the task of saving this structure.

By this time The Creator itself, and those beings serving at the highest levels, had become aware that something was wrong that was not being corrected using the normal methods. Plans were made to allow several of the larger server beings to begin the process of moving an aspect or splinter of themselves downward to the areas of difficulty so that they could begin reporting to the other larger beings and to The Creator itself. The process of moving downward for beings of this magnitude is not a fast process as we see it. It started over 2 million years ago and many did not come into this space as a physical body until about 250,000 years ago. Indeed there are exceptions, as some were given special dispensation to go into what was the past and begin observations then. They were not able to communicate what they learned until the others arrived in this sector. 

Many would presume that God/The Creator is totally and absolutely omniscient. This is not the case. Indeed, we are within and a part of The Creator, it/he/she sees and knows itself through the beings that it created to manifest its will and purpose. If all or most of the beings in an area or segment of a creation cannot see and know clearly then The Creator’s vision is not as clear in that area as it is in the ones that are seeing/knowing correctly. 

pfcn.net

--

So that is how my understanding revolves around the topic and it is a very important understanding for developing a frame of reference in any investigations, be it the science world or the metaphysical. Knowing this in myself, yes I do have a better awareness of the implication certain notions can carry when moving through these realms so it is highly important to carry a working frame of reference otherwise can easily get into trouble. Just wanted to stress that point, and yes I do get frustrated by science as at times it has been a very violent and naive approach to investigating the world around us.

That is all well and good, but suspect the one thing we cannot rely upon to indicate whether or not we are in a simulation is our experience, or the experience of others. This would include mystical experiences and revelations. 

Of course, Stu is right in that there is an important sense in which it does not matter. 

Consider hands, and an argument that was inspired by this guy's thoughts on possibly being a brain in a vat.

1. If you’re a Sim then you have hands in a different way than if you weren’t a Sim. (i.e.: simulated hands as opposed to physical hands).
2. You don’t know that you’re not a Sim
Therefore, you don’t know that you have ‘real’ hands or simulated hands that are, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from ‘real’ hands.

Does this seem like a conclusion worth losing any sleep over? I don't think so. 

I'm fairly sure Bostrom is wrong - or that his conclusion is overblown (they let anyone into Oxford these days!) - but explaining why is a very long story.

• Like 2

How can we be having this discussion without a real interpretation of its own existence. If we lived in an  unrealistic hologram purely created to even have this discourse, then surely we'd be artificial representations of a fake existence created by some higher being playing a version of Warcraft amongst some higher gaming community that we couldn't even fathom let alone understand, let alone interpret into a communicative language that we could comprehensively understand. So logically, we are our own higher ever evolving species yet to decipher our own distinct unique dialects. 

Basically we are evaluating our own language that is still undecipherable to us yet alone to things we cannot even makes sense of yet....if ever...... in this plane of our perceived reality.

It' all a ride and if you think you've got it mapped out......well please extrapolate your thoughts to the rest of this ace community- so we can all move forward together.

Once again, thanks for putting up with my drifting and as always......up yours

• Like 5

Yeah is about learning not picking from a dinner menu!

Just need a framework to navigate.

Ive offered my best and we are learning together. Don't have all the answers.

Start with correction invocation morning and night next to sleeping rhythm. 5 minutes each day.

Edited by courage

An Invocation, An Intention, An Attention
Please feel free to adapt this in a manner that works best for you. Please do attend to this evening before retiring and during the day as well.
* I call upon my lower, middle and higher self. I call to my highest source origins and connection to the highest levels of true Oneness and Creator of All.
* I invite and call upon the fullest extent of the highest of the correction energies to enter and descend my entire being down to my human levels and beyond.
* I also invite and call upon the fullest extent of the highest of the correction energies to enter and flow through the space between my atoms and create and maintain a continuous flow through the entirety of all of my being.
* I also call to me all the particles of the true light in my being and ask the particles of true light in my being to also call to me.

Any -- I do mean ANY -- seriously truthful spiritual work will accentuate whatever psychological imbalances one may have.

So anyone reading the work of anyone these days especially, needs to be very considerate in terms of deep thought and not flit from one distraction to another.  This has been taught as a guideline to seekers through the ages and is an even more serious problem in this day and age today.

Whatever your process, I am very pleased to hear that you feel you are reaching some important threshold, many are these days now, especially those in that rarefied fraction of humans who have persisted for so many years in making the breakthroughs, despite severe external and internal challenges.

It is my personal sense that so many of the DSM "disorders" that  are "mild" are often better aided through inner work. But if "inner work" has stimulated restlessness and stress, then that too may need to set aside.

Exhaustion from a lack of restful sleep, excessive mental activity, emotional stress, etc. can bring on any of the "symptoms" -and magnify them.

Simply stopping any activity that stimulates this and finding a restful and calming activities and interests can bring a better state of mind for contemplation.  If inner work or energy work is triggering excessive changes, then slow down or stop completely for a while and go into neutral mode and engage in a peaceful, restful activity to occupy yourself with - even if you try 5 different things one after another.  Learn to play an instrument, paint, whatever.

How to do this safely is an important consideration. If it is not possible to control ones own core energy space and the conduit to your higher levels, then this becomes one of the “first orders of business” to attend to.

Cease any and all fantasy or spiritual reading, movies, television, popular/rock music (most of it is demonically inspired) social parties withy others. It is best to cease all spiritual and personal strivings and simply focus on one thing alone:  The basic “correction energies” invocation, not anything more. 

Focus while doing it upon your highest level of being and the highest level of creator you can summon into to your attention.  Perhaps to repeat this invocation twice.  Before going to sleep and upon arising in the morning.  Take walks in the woods, go for a swim, go skiing, paint a picture, do classical/baroque music, etc.  Eat clean and simple but balanced diet.  Do not overdue strong dietary supplements.

Also ask your higher level of being for a high level “override” to keep you in you in a safe space and not to go “wandering about”.

This ceasing of all manner of pursuits, strivings, etc. is a short term solution 

It is like clearing a computer of various malware, etc. and resetting or upgrading the operating system before loading any new applications, etc.

People are arseholes. If we were in a simulation then whoever is running the simulation would periodically do really nasty shit to us for fun, just like gamers do when playing The Sims.

For example, you could make the entire world economy reliant on fuel sources that warms the planet and then watch what happens.... are we really this stupid, or is  someone fucking with us?  No one knows.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, courage said:

An Invocation, An Intention, An Attention

Please feel free to adapt this in a manner that works best for you. Please do attend to this evening before retiring and during the day as well

(etc.) 

Any merit (or lack thereof) associated with the practices you advocate do not advance our knowledge of whether or not you are in a simulation. I am sorry, but you are not going to be able to intuit or meditate your way out of this. Problems of this sort require deduction :) 

• Like 3

Haven't watched the clip yet, but just to chuck my 2c in for the initial title question, I would answer yes, it is possible I reckon, ala The Matrix.

Is it likely? Dunno about that, in terms of exact probability and such...

If it is true then perhaps some of the entities people have claimed to have met over the years may be the coders of the perceived reality we exist in, which is an interesting idea to explore as well, as in terms of the "Do we all perceive the same reality?" question.

To that I would have to say no we don't. Tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will say yes, and maybe I have said yes in the past too.

And that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeti101 said:

(etc.) 

Any merit (or lack thereof) associated with the practices you advocate do not advance our knowledge of whether or not you are in a simulation. I am sorry, but you are not going to be able to intuit or meditate your way out of this. Problems of this sort require deduction :) 

Would depend on your definition of simulation.

My interpretation is as above, I personally don't view it that way for that reason.

Referring to the structure of 3D reality itself or the percieved changes of awareness in dimensional levels?

Upon completion of learning here in this realm I do not see an illusion as such, only the beauty of what has been gained - real beauty and truth.

I'm not about to read up on physics too much just yet but I can give a basic overlay of my understanding. I agree deduction and input needed to solve the solution here, just tired out.

I have a basic understanding I can share but it would need further development to understand how a distortion arose in the manifestation of the divine blueprint.

There's a theory in quantum physics around the vibrational state of the atomic structure in matter concerning its 'lack' of solidity. One might imagine a flame to quote Alex Watt, in the way we perceive solidity in something continually moving. Far as I know the particles inside atoms emanate from an 'empty space' from which they vibrate at such rates they move beyond solidity into a frequency.

There were a few experiments done to indicate unobserved particles, or atoms essentially would not exist? Indicating that these vibrations only arose from a void when observed by a consciousness. I read somewhere they recorded an identical particle which could move from both sides of the Earth in an instant when examined under certain conditions. This is my frame of reference, it may need some adjusting.

So what we are looking at is a creational garden that has been distorted into the state it is now through the separation and darkness. What changed the nature of our third dimensional structures exactly I do not know.

But there you have it, perhaps it is that our original state was a fluid, unified and creational state - over my interpretations of disregarding our reality here. As it is a reality.

We can however look at the distortion in our reality as a type of illusion and/or dream considering we are in a prison, and upon realising our true nature. I should differentiate that although our conditioning of sorts keeps us bound here I feel it is not something we cannot love and learn from upon 'arriving'.

Considering the thought of the distortion in the matter consciousness. Going with the thought of a creative space and my interactions with the dark I am aware there would have to have been some sort of lockdown on consciousness and the way it behaves and interacts in order to solidify itself into density. We can see this in our survival instincts and the need to maintain our state of suffering. We can see it in our karmic bonds in the anger we have towards the situation.

To let go means to understand and to learn and to complete our attachments to this realm and be truly ready to move on in our spiritual evolution.

Main way I have found in letting go is through the surrender which normally arises through a catastrophic crisis. Each time it happens the glue becomes less and less and the intensity fades. I choose to stay for a reason. That is to help not hinder.

Edited by courage

I watched, and really enjoyed that interview, thanks for sharing Yeti 

When considering the situation of if i was part of an advanced civilization would i be interested in running an evolutionary simulation, the answer is most definitely yes 

I really liked when he suggested the possibility that hallucinations could be glitches in the simulation :)

• Like 2

I will try to offer in more detail what I can regarding some of my practices. I really do hope something here is of benefit. Be gentle on yourself and try not to push anything too hard. Find something that is enjoyable and easy and take a break or try something new if you are not progressing. The most important thing is just maintaining steady and focused attention on expanding awareness, your direction can change at times and that is ok. Start for small periods each day and building upon that momentum. I had months where I would not practice, but I could not forget.

When doing a simple meditation, try using your intention, calling upon or chanting your higher self. Feel connected, and then just breathe through the spaces in your energetic channels as a normal meditation. Try cultivating metta (love and gratitude) towards a part of yourself, human or otherwise. These are some steps that can assist in developing clearer pathways into new awareness.

Say a prayer each morning or evening. What is it your really want, and why do you want it? Imagine.

Go for a swim in the ocean each morning. Think about how beautiful to exist with a whale, a dolphin or a shark! :)

Spend time with the land. Ask it how it feels. What it needs.

One practice which helps realign me is working with the angel of death. You have my permission to work with this being as I have a close connection with him.

The practice I find most helpful is basically asking the angel of death to kill me in counsel with my greater being and being 100% convicted in my request.

What you find is you gain insight into into your karmic reasoning for being on this level which aligns you with your future and helps to let go of anger and thus direct anger into the right situations.

He has sweet apples for anyone who is truly ready.

• Like 1