The Corroboree
Dekeius

East Coast of Australia Weather

Hope everyone on the east coast of Australia is doing alright this morning. Lot of destruction.

Had to empty water out a few pots.

Lost a few peresk leaves that were outdoors.

Come on sun!!!

Dekeius

• Like 2

I spent a few hours bailing water with a bucket, but I consider my situation pretty lucky compared to a lot of others.

Hope you guys on the northern rivers are ok.

• Like 2

Considering I live 100mtrs from a major flood zone I faired well and our storm water drains handled it well. People 5km either side of me went for a float tho. I really should consider myself luckier.. The community farm I'm a member of is still 5foot under water. I really hope folks got their coops clear before the rain.

my sub patches were all washed away lol yesterday there was literally a 10ft river over them, might have to stay clear of natural water sources when I rebuild!

who copped the brunt of it? Was it up north of syd again? I haven't had a chance to check the news

sandbagging down here done:wink: Really could have done without that....lol

There has been loss of life down here in floodwaters , and its only just begun in some catchments.

• Like 1

Thanks bro, I'm sorta use to it and have it down pat now.

Basically its a creek that threatens me, and I just divert it away.

The folk living down in the major river valleys however...... and there is now a heap of cows and logs out into bass strait.

Yeh mate you'd have to be well versed down that end of the world.. Where I live the threats just a big flood basin/park that runs thru the middle of the suburb... Flooded 14yrs ago, been nervous a few times but nothin whilst I've been here thank god. 

Damn that slide sounds hectic, the shit us folk don't realise... How polluted is the water after that?

some poor guy died just down the road from me, When i drove through there this morning there was seven cars stuck in the creek. Surely if you see one car dont make it you dont drive in yourself? Really some people are stupid 

Yeh people think they can beat the elements. As waterboy said all you can try and do is divert it away. 

On a more humourous note when i reached into a vending machine today to retrieve my peanuts the compartment where the purchases fall into was full of water. I guess flooding? That or rain is getting really wacky.

Edited by Dekeius

cant divert it though if it comes from all sides and wants to stay there:wink:.

You can seal up pretty good with silicon, duct tape and plastic/sandbags though if the shit hits, for the urbanites always look out for water backing up your toilet and into the house..... sandbag in plastic in the bowl can stop that horror show, and plug and weigh down the sink/shower/bath holes.

your right HB, people can really be stupid around floodwaters

that or they didnt drive fast enough:o *shakes head*

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 3

^^ The fifth collumn.  What a shit-show.

Sad that lives were lost.  

Brisbane was relatively unscathed AFAIK