The Corroboree
niggles

Donating for SAB costs

Hi Torsten or admins, 

I tried to donate but it wants my money in USD. IS there a way Ican donate in AUD? I probably just need an email address for paypal.

• Like 1

A bitcoin option to donate would be a good way to shed bits of wallet change.

• Like 3

I donated by paypal and it did it in AU$, so not sure what's going on there. Teething problems.

Will attempt bitcoin once all the other stuff is sorted. May need some help with that.

• Like 4

The goal counter seems to be faulty - it only shows the most recent donation rather than the total.

• Like 2

Paypal worked for me in oz dollars. Its only a small contribution for now, but it all adds up. :)  I noticed the donation bar is only showing latest donation, it doesn't seem to be increasing with each donation?!

• Like 1

yeah it is still coming up for me in USD - I am clicking on the donate link from the front page and entering an amount, when it comes through to paypal it is asking for USD and there doesnt seem to be an option to change.

weird, but it doesn't really matter as paypal exchange is negligible.

Same here, USD only and no option to change. Anyway, I'm very happy to contribute, hopefully the goal can be met each year.

• Like 1

Have just made a couple more changes. Please keep reporting if it had an effect on currency.

Donated this morning, the transaction ate a bit more cash than I donated so it must be in usd, don't phase me though as this place is more than worth it, the donation bar showed the amount I donated, but not what was donated before or after, don't phase me either as I've full faith that all the coin donated will go to sever fees and not to booze n hookers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Torsten said:

The goal counter seems to be faulty - it only shows the most recent donation rather than the total.

I didn't see this before when I posted about the same thing. Maybe we posted at the same time, lol. The time stamp on a post  isn't accurate, like doesnt give an exact time. 

24 minutes ago, niggles said:

still showing up as usd for me.

can i just paypal monney to [email protected] so i can do aud?

It would be nice to have it go through the counter so that is is part of the total. Let me work on this a bit more.

Looks like it is set for USD and I can see a way to change that. All transactions have been received in US$. I don't have  a problem with that as paypal exchange is negligible. I'll try and get this looked at by tech support, but it is not a high priority for them.

To be fair i think I'll need to change the total to a US$ total as that will avoid accidental overcharging.

Here's something that should be addressed.  The initial screen does not specify AUD or USD but the 2nd screen clearly specifies AUD.  However, as others have reported, once you get to PayPal, the amount is USD and there is no way to change it.

Cheers!

donate1.JPG

donate2.JPG

donate1.JPG.fdd56ecc564877f8ad10d8ca6b5d395a.JPG

donate2.JPG.917c9494370797fd137c81b2449fd87d.JPG

donate1.JPG.fdd56ecc564877f8ad10d8ca6b5d395a.JPG

donate2.JPG.917c9494370797fd137c81b2449fd87d.JPG

As you can see by the discussion in this thread it IS being addressed. I think the AUD in the check out is served by the forum software which I have set to AUD. However for some reason paypal then processes it in USD. I can't seem to find a way to get paypal to stop doing that, which is why I already suggested above that I'll probably need to set the forum software to USD for consistency. Tech support will be back in a few hours so was just waiting to hear back from them first in case there is an easy fix. I don't want to make any changes as that might change the behaviour of the other problem which screws with tech support. But if anyone feels they want the difference refunded I'll be happy to do so - just PM me.

Paypal also charges for the conversion. I recently had a situation when they charged me 20 bucks just for converting the the total into another currency. And when we chose to use the credit card to convert it, it cost substantially less.

I donated and I could directly donate in AU Dollar.

1 hour ago, Evil Genius said:

I donated and I could directly donate in AU Dollar.

Nope, it still arrived as US$ and is the amount donated as if it was donated in US$.

Have not heard back from IPB support. Hopefully soon.

^ I just checked my PayPal receipt  and my payment was also in USD even though it appeared as oz $ when I was donating. Oh well, now I don't feel like as much of a tight ass, lol :):) 

so apparently there were several known problems with the donations module which are fixed in the incremental update I just applied half an hour ago. This will apparently fix the problem of the total not adding up, but did not mention anything about the currency issue. Patience......

I need to wait till the next donation to see if the total starts adding up. It did not add the existing donations, but i can add them in manually in a  day or two.

• Like 1

made the donation myself. not fixed :(

back to tech support.

currency issue is apparently now fixed.

the total donations issue won't be fixed till the next update in a few days.

• Like 1

how come it asks for your addy when theres nothing to send?

and doesnt paypal automatically give the addy anyway?

(i never understood why some  sites with paypal still insist on your dets when they get em from payp' - e.g. succseed but thankfully not cactus shop)

how come it asks for your addy when theres nothing to send?

and doesnt paypal automatically give the addy anyway?

(i never understood why some  sites with paypal still insist on your dets when they get em from payp' - e.g. succseed but thankfully not cactus shop)

Verification. To try stop fraud.

Edited by at0m
  • Like 1