The Corroboree
drpotato

New site is da shizzle, but can color schemes be adjustable?

Can you load up a screen capture of that please Atom me old mate? I think its something i dont have 

Edited by El Presidente Hillbillios

13 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

has anybody found a way to adjust for the lack of 'view new content'?  that was a great feature (IMO) and for years i didn't even notice it there... i used to look through the active thread titles subforum-by-subforum instead of all in one place.

sure, you can set the content shown. posts , threads you name it... 

specifically i'd like to see them as threads, so if ten posts were made in two threads since my last visit i'll just see two threads, not previews of all ten post

when you open the activity stream itself Thunder, there is a square button on the top right that expands and or collapses into thread or posts 

11141313_10208212104054651_6681654881121

Edited by El Presidente Hillbillios
making the pic embed

that adjusts whether the posts are previewed or not.  i'm talking about a view where the thread can only appear once in the list, kinda like when you browse through a subforum. 

i'm surprised i'm the only person asking about it because i assumed at least 30% of posters , probably heaps more, would be accustomed to checking  the site via the old view new content button.

Ah your right, i hadnt fully looked at it and assumed it collapsed down to threads. Id say it will be a setting somewhere for Torsten, but this forum is pretty complex so might take a while to find. I know how much you and many of us liked that new content button. you still hold the record for clicking itt 1548 times in one hour LOL

• Like 2

Are you sure, Thunder? Mine get compressed and appended with "and N more".

FNHrffe.png

well, if different users have different views then chances are it is a user profile setting, not an admin setting [phew!].

N more refers to tags.  Its the same view I get so, I appreciate you're trying to help but your last comment at0m doesnt seem to fit the situation :\

• Like 1

N more refers to tags.  Its the same view I get so, I appreciate you're trying to help but your last comment at0m doesnt seem to fit the situation :\

well shit... you're right. I should have actually clicked the dropdown next to them. My bad for making assumptions.

Ok. On mobile there are three top rght buttons.  Menu, search and unread content.

Im not yet sure but im putting it out there that the unread content button is equivalent to the old view new content button.

Edit: functions different because threads youre up to date with dont appear..... But for the purpose of checking for recrnt activity it can serve the same purpose

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Edit: functions different because threads youre up to date with dont appear..... But for the purpose of checking for recrnt activity it can serve the same purpose

why would you want them to appear if you're up to date?

I found the settings for this in the back end, but there is no option to adjust the view from post to threaded.

however, are you sure it doesn't only post a single post from each thread [presumably the first unread post]. I did not see any doubles in my unread content list and a couple of threads I went into had more than one unread post.

yep, just tested in in the butchers corn giveaway thread. 5 posts since I last read it and it took me to the last post [not the first unread post]. S a bit inconvenient as I needed to scroll up and find the first unread post, but at least it got me in the ballpark and certainly only does a single link.

remember you need to click the time, not the thread title.

The dot to the left of the threat title will take you to the most recent unread post

• Like 1

I found the settings for this in the back end, but there is no option to adjust the view from post to threaded.

however, are you sure it doesn't only post a single post from each thread [presumably the first unread post]. I did not see any doubles in my unread content list and a couple of threads I went into had more than one unread post.

Yeah as I discovered last night this is true for unread content but not for all activity.

Im satisfied :)

yep 

using the unread ----> ownership ---->  content I have posted in  

looks like its rendering the same results with the old and very practical button ThunderIdeal and I were looking for.