The Corroboree
Torsten

Upgrading this week. Downtime is possible. Please report problems here.

5 hours ago, Torsten said:

have tweaked. is it fixed?

Yep.  Can turn on/off all email notifications fine now.

that little therapeutic "what's on your mind" box has gone ... vamoosed, shot through ,... bit the dust ....

kicked the bucket ,... aaand passed on ...

or is it just somewhere I can't see?

will it be coming back?... because I like to make notes in it ... for later retrieval/ hindsight

and i could really do with the last 3 yrs worth of notes/shouts

also i like to gloat a bit over my scores of horsey 3, bitches 0 ... and i always forget the dates of my acomplishments ,,... but that thing saved it for me ..

wheres my link to my gallery gone?

I need to edit some photo names and upload to my trichocereus gallery ... and go through all my records so i know what im doing ..

and to slide show my pics and doze off to them sometimes :3

13 minutes ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

wheres my link to my gallery gone?

I need to edit some photo names and upload to my trichocereus gallery ... and go through all my records so i know what im doing ..

and to slide show my pics and doze off to them sometimes :3

If you go to your profile, there are 3 tabs,.... Activity, About me and Albums (albums/gallery). Its a bar just above where you can post 'whats on your mind' . Its just  below your profile header :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Amazonian said:

If you go to your profile, there are 3 tabs,.... Activity, About me and Albums (albums/gallery). Its a bar just above where you can post 'whats on your mind' . Its just  below your profile header :)

thanks Amz! , i was panicking then tryna find the needle in the haystack of all albums lol :)

still cant find the whats on your mind box though ... even where youre saying it should be ... :unsure:

i think the dark background light text addon i had for my browser was blinding me to the albums pathway by darkening it out with the background .. but anythings better than this bright gaudy glaring headache fodder white backdrop in my eyes ...

shame the new site doesnt let me use that addon without any hitches ... or doesnt have a dark/stealthier mode ;) ;)

I wonder if anyone's kind enough to maybe add a dark SAB mode? hint hint :D

without darkening the screen I think my time on here will be pretty limited and dnno if i can be fuct to keep changing from dark to light just to see what isnt showing in dark screen mode ... its already hurting to type this long with all this glaring white so im off

t

yay i found a setting on the addon to keep it dark AND see those tabs ..

sorry for the grumps earlier lol .. that was a trippy headache but in the end very pretty too ...

still see no "think aloud box" tho ... but still , thanks for the guidance earlier .

I can't help with most of those question because as admin my screen & profile looks very different and I have access to lots of other things. Maybe other members can help? everything should still be there, just via different menus. if you thought the user end was confusing you should see the admin end :unsure:

• Like 2

you're not talking about the status update box by any chance? it's now in a facebook-style timeline on your profile page.

Hey Torsten. Thank you for continuing to tweak the forum. I was a bit worried at the start, you know, some of us don't like change, lol. It's coming along nicely and has some great new features :) 

I see there is a donation bar and I attempted to make a small donation but I didn't want to add an address (which is a required field) without knowing the payment set up. What is the payment set up, PayPal or credit card or ? . I am happy to donate to something which has been a part of my daily life for the last 6 years. Love this place. 

Also, members profiles are visible when not logged in. The posts on their wall are readable to the general public . Are you looking at making profiles not public? :) . What are others opinions on this? 

That's it for now. Thanks again Forum Father :) 

• Like 1

No need to provide true address for donations. just make some shit up or use the SAB address. I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. I tried to find a setting to turn that requirement off, but haven't found it yet.

I'll check member's profile visibility tonight.

• Like 1

oops i missed this thread when i posted 

so ill just link that here :)

3 hours ago, niggles said:

oops i missed this thread when i posted 

so ill just link that here :)

That's quite a separate issue, so I am happy to deal with that there as I am sure there will be other comments in relation to it.

Hi T, just a question if you see this. When browsing on a mobile, when you clicked a thread it used to take you to the most recent post if you'd already viewed the thread, now it always takes you to the original post and you have to click forward. First world web probs I know.. But is this a setting and can it be clicked?! :) thanks 

dood, that sounds more like a setting in your profile settings if there is one. I certainly haven't come across it in the admin section.

You can also click on the 'posted 2 hours ago' or whatever time it was and it will take you to the last post of that thread.

In relation to Personal Messages, Is there a timed out setting? A few times now I've composed long PMs and when I tap submit, I get a window saying I need to log in. I lose the whole post which is annoying and it's hard to replicate the same message again . It's like after 20 minutes I get timed out. 

• Like 1

Ugh im upset just thinking about that happening

Thankfully it doesnt happen to me hear and I spend a long time writing some pms

Hi T, just a question if you see this. When browsing on a mobile, when you clicked a thread it used to take you to the most recent post if you'd already viewed the thread, now it always takes you to the original post and you have to click forward. First world web probs I know.. But is this a setting and can it be clicked?! :) thanks 

Hey dude, dunno if you still having this issue, however if on your mobile click the link that says how long ago the post was made and it will take you to the latest entry in that thread

Ugh im upset just thinking about that happening

Thankfully it doesnt happen to me hear and I spend a long time writing some pms

Ah, well maybe it's a problem with my iPad.  Thanks for your comment Thunderideal.

Edited by Amazonian

I select "keep me logged in" when I login which is only ever once per device per forum upgrade or when I clear history... Could that be your problem?

Hey dude, dunno if you still having this issue, however if on your mobile click the link that says how long ago the post was made and it will take you to the latest entry in that thread

Thanks DB that fixes it :)

• Like 1

I select "keep me logged in" when I login which is only ever once per device per forum upgrade or when I clear history... Could that be your problem?

Hmm. Gonna have to investigate. Do you mean the 'remember me' field? Not sure if I've seen a 'keep me logged in' before. I mostly SAB from my iPhone or iPad and the forum is presented in a very basic way, but those options would be present on all devices huh. I'll experiment after. Might have to send you a long PM TI, or, a short one with a long pause. Lol. :)

Edit: yeah I always untick the remember me box. I'll leave it ticked and see if it helps . Thanks :)

Edited by Amazonian