The Corroboree
inwould

Buccal Leonotis Leonurus

Hi all.

After reading all two erowid reports on this ROA I thought I would give it a try. 600mg fresh flowers chewed gave noticeable effects for about an hour. I would compare it to a weak dose of kava. The come up was quite intoxicating. Effects were stronger than with 10g as a tea. The sensation in the mouth was similar to chilli.

I think it has potential and will definitely be repeating the experience in a week or two.

• Like 3

Nice, will have to try this route.

Chopped Leonotis leonurus flowers through an espresso machine was strong tasting and effects were much more pronounced than with smoking

Haven't tried it in a normal cuppa yet :rolleyes:

Edited by solomon
  • Like 2

It was about 6 petals. A surprisingly small amount. Your results may vary?

This is very intriguing, I'm currently growing some Leonotis nepetifolia (or maybe its another variant that's not leonuris) that seeded itself while I was away travelling for a year.  It's got tons of huge leaves but the flowers are only just now starting to grow, so I'm tempted to try a handful of leaves.  I tried to chew on one leaf the other day, but it was so vegetal and bitter that I didn't think it would be worth it.  It'd be great to find a good use for the leaves, since I'm still waiting on some flowers and there's tons of leaf matter. 

Sidenote:  Anyone have any experience re the differences between buccal/oral consumption of different Leonotis varieties?  I managed to get some leonuris seeds a while back but just haven't had the time to plant them so I can do a side-by-side comparison. 

Wow! I never thought anyone would talk about this. I had an interesting experience when i was a teenager with this method. I was about 17 and on my way to the carnival. Me and my friends had been using various other substances (alcohol, mu and CB1 agonists and a tiny tasting of our homemade 'absinthe' which was just wormwood in vodka, it was fuct). 

ANYWAY on the way there we passed a leonotis plant which i pointed out to my friends and told them 'it contains drugs'. They suggested i should chew on the flowers to try to get an effect. I had more than described above; pretty much as many of those orange burning-tyre-flavoured flowers could fit in my mouth.  :puke:

As i said i can't be sure if this was to blame, but when we arrived at the carnival i experienced some weird things. Firstly i felt lightheaded and euphoric, but this was mild compared to the 'main effect' which went as follows

TLDR: so when i entered the carnival i suddenly found myself 'waking up' for lack of a better term. Like i was just all-of-a-sudden in the carnival, with no memory of arriving or getting there or who i was with; i had no idea what was going on! Lots of noises and colours were at first baffling, then i realised i was at the fair. Then i spotted my friends ahead of me wondering why i was standing 50m back with a confused look. I shook it off and approached my friends again, but this happened another 2 or 3 times. Eventually it stopped happening and we enjoyed the festivities, including rolling and smoking a j on the spinny spinny ride whilst the carny (who was also smoking) kept pointing at the NO SMOKING sign. It was pretty funny but i guess not relevant.  

I suppose the end is that years later i was visiting my grandparents in the area and my grandfather showed me a flyer for the exact carnival, as he originally saw it, in 1936 ! Then i thought maybe it was a weird genetic memory thing where i was 'remembering' being there before, even though it wasn't this 'me' last time. But maybe this is crazy talk. 

I hope you all enjoyed my story, i will now be taking questions. d:-)

Your experience sounds rather similar, if not far more intense. The feeling here was of having a blank mind, not thinking. Just spacing out completely.

I have repeated the experiment a few times since. In my experience the effects seem to be much greater with fresh flowers. I had also caffeine consumed a few hours earlier.