The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Maxuel Powers III

Question

7 answers to this question

hey man, just be aware. ive bought astros from asia that the variegation faded to nothing with in weeks. There are plants aroud that are chemically induced into looking variegated. So dont pay too much in case its a fake one

• Like 2

How much are they asking for it, if it's not a secret? I'm just wondering because I have a bunch of albino and variegeted Trichs (I don't intend to sell any of them, but am still curious).

I wow crazy interesting hillbilly. Can you post some pics of the chem induced plants, any will do. Are there any tell tail signs?

I've been really thinking about this the last few days and getting my hands on as many pics as I can to try and find some "induced" plants. The only ones I *think* I can pick as chem induced are the Astros that grow into bright colors from the growth tip.

Would a plant naturally do this? I should say, would a plant grow seemingly normal until it's the size of a golf ball, then break out into the brights yellows and oranges? And again, what would be the chances of a whole friggin table having indentical traits and colors? They all seem to start variegation from a particular point in life, which leads me to believe these are chem induced?

I'm just thinking out loud.. it would be great if any members who have bought these chem induced plants could chime in with their experiences and information relating to it..!

IMHO,variation isn't a stable characteristic. It needs a certain kind of environmental to be displayed.

I have a seed grown variegated Lophophora, that "greens up" during fall and winter and turns yellow in the summer.

The original stump is green as a normal Lophophora and haven't thrown a variegated pup in a year.

So maybe variegated isn't a "simple" mutation.

• Like 1