The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wert

PMing gone retarded.?

Whats going on with the PM on site?

It's not sending me email notifications when I recieve new messages and sometime the mail box don't show up new msg's but there are?

Anyone else having issues with PM?

Mods? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Wert.

I thought I had changed something and just didn't remember. I have stopped getting emails and I noticed a couple of times now msgs have not given notifications

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago with the mail box not showing that I have a pm unless I actually open the mail box first

Is that on a phone or a PC wert ?

My message notifications seem to be working OK (on a PC), but I dunno about the other notifications (like when someone likes my posts). I turned them off a few months ago because I made a moral decision to abstain from that type of pointless ego boosting. I still like other peoples posts but I can do without it myself.

I know flash and firefox have had several recent updates, so it could be a cookie/cache issue. Sometimes it takes IPBoard a while to catch up and it can cause a few issues.

Phone mate. Only recently.

Yes, same here. It probably affects the whole forum. Maybe has to do with changed email settings on the server, changed ssl encryption, .php version, stuff like that.

Thats a real shame. Hopefully sometime in the future this can be rectified.

Glad it's not just me then...

I noticed it in the last few weeks but it was working on the 27th January.

I'd say its a mixed blessing....many times I'd read the email then fail to respond to the pm until much later, meanwhile the sender is left wondering if its been read or wtf is going on....

not to mention all the spying and data recording going on, pm's linked to emails just makes it easier for them...

I'd say its a mixed blessing....many times I'd read the email then fail to respond to the pm until much later, meanwhile the sender is left wondering if its been read or wtf is going on....

not to mention all the spying and data recording going on, pm's linked to emails just makes it easier for them...

You can turn of email notifications zelly in your settings

This is a server issue. I thought it was something i did wrong and have been trying to fix for weeks whenever I get time to look at it. Then yesterday I gave up and submitted a paid support ticket. Turns out the data centre the server is hosted on has closed all port 25 connections, ie no outgoing emails. Would have been nice of them to let their customers know. Have lodged a complaint and hopefully we'll get some free upgrades with the move ;)

And yes, we'll be moving shortly, so there will likely some downtime. I'll announce it on the sab FB page and you can also get updates there if we run into problems [which we shouldn't].

Email notification should work again after the move.

• Like 3

The issue also affects new sign ups as obviously they aren't getting validation emails. I'll resend validation emails to all new signups since feb1 [the date they stopped emails] once this is fixed.

• Like 1

This is a server issue.

Email notification should work again after the move.

Email notifications are working again (for me anyway) Thanks Torsten :) Edited by Amazonian