The Corroboree
communacacian

Acacia Trees for Everyone! (Finished)

As we near the end of summer, conditions will become more and more favourable to plant out trees!

I have a few different species for sale that I will mail out express only (unless by absolute special arrangement) to minimise tree health degradation and because its easier for me and you :)

Tree prices are as follows:

A. Confusa Tubes $8, Hikos $5

A. Simplex Hiko $5

A. Obtusifolia tubes $7, Hikos $5

A. Acuminata (narrow) tubes $7, Hikos $5

NO POST TO W.A, TAZ or NT

A. Confusa Tube

Confusa_Tube.jpg

A. Acuminata (narrow) Tube

AAN_TUBE.jpg

A. Obtusifolia tube

Obtus.jpg

A. Simplex Hiko

P1020506.jpg

UPDATE: SEMI BULK COURTII HIKO's x 5

I have some A. Courtii trees in hiko trays. I have divided the trays into rows of 5 trees, these will be sent as is still in their hiko tubes.

Price: set of 5 A. Courtii in Hikos $50 ($10 per tree!)

Postage: Express $15

I am hoping these go to people with land to plant them out.

PM for enquiry

enjoy!

Communacacian

Edited by communacacian
Sale Finished
  • Like 12

I have updated the post with some extras and will probably be adding more bulk sales along the way :)

• Like 1

when you say everyone , do you mean int'?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

I have had issues in the past sending seeds overseas so I have decided to deal only within Australia. I have more Phlebophylla seeds now so if you can send me an address for someone in Aus willing to forward them to you overseas I can full fill your request. Sending plants overseas is a whole other ball game so I will specify Aus only.

• Like 1

Horsey, if you sort it out with Communicacian then I can be the middle man and forward the seeds to ya. Let me know if you need me, happy to help me old China.

• Like 2

Hi Cubism, thats is a kind offer but I wont send seeds +soil to WA any more due to the tight quarantine, any other helpers out there not in WA, Taz or NT? will throw in a few phleb seeds and innoc :)

• Like 2

Ahhh no worries mate.

PS - Bloody nice looking plants man!

• Like 3

Did you get it sorted TH ?

From what I've seen of your work, if there's anyone in the UK that could get phlebs growing it would most likely be you.

I've had 100% positive trades with Communacacian, so if you are both up for it I'll forward some on to you. I've never seen phleb seeds with germination rates as good as his.

He always sends a bag of soil as an inoculant (which can be the difference between success and failure for phlebs) but I'm not sure about UK laws regarding the importation of soil or CITES etc. So if you can check that out and decide if you want to do it, I'd be happy to forward them on.

• Like 2

aww that's really kind of you guys,,..thanks all you guys :3

thanks for the clarity too Communacacian.

i just got some more phlebaleb seed very recently from a cool SABber to add to my first ever 4 seeds i was kindly donated by one of our coolest longtime SABbers,

but I would've snapped up some of each of these stunning live seedlings for sure had it been poss..

-as a kinda jump start to my own delayed "australacacial path" project..

...and i import general acacia /cow pea inoculant from usa with no trubs at all ..

(couldn't find any to buy elsewhere)

^^will that not work for phleboppers?^^

inoculant isn't controlled if sent into here..- or out of USA,

is it controlled if sent out of AUS?

I'll bet they don't let anyone send it in to AUS but it really depends on if AUS allows it to be sent out of AUS I reckon, aside of that , it's an open route as far as i can see.

(still had no chance to sow 'big plans' acacias yet because i might be moving house any moment after thursday

...and my inoculant had a 'use by date' of december so was planning to get more anyway,

...and only had 7 months at this small appartment to repair my family legally

- successfully I might add :) )

I would gladly buy some/all inoculant/s and pay all postage and 'via postage' if phlebo's need it that much though...

and glad to grab you some inoc' and or seeds in grattitude for helping Sallubrious..- or if you have em all-

something else i might be able to source/gift you from this side of the planet? - once i have a permanantly foreseeable address,

-I already have a list of seeds to return acacial favours that way, so will be doing that for another SABber anyway..

- or if you're not seeking,- glad to chuck in some coin if it helps better :) .

sorry for the lag in reply , I just got the very first notification of a reply to this thread before replying.

-Acacial love,

horsey

• Like 1

In terms of inoculating acacia seeds I had success with just azotobacter. Very high germ rates (after the float or sink test) with resulting strong healthy plants.

• Like 1

Hi Sallubrious, what a generous offer! I will send you TH's seeds and inoculant along with some things for you as a thankyou :)

Horsey, I am very happy to just send off the seeds and inoc as a gift :) the inoculant is simply soil collected from around the roots of a healthy wild phleb, this soil contains the right strain of rhyzobial bacteria to form a symbiosis. Only a small amount is required as the bacteria is microscopic and prolific. It is possible to germinate Phleb seeds without this exact strain but the success rate is severely diminished! Just be aware that importing soil is very different to importing a commercial inoculant. Im not sure if the inoculant you already have will work, maybe give it a go on a few seeds and report the results id be interested to hear :)

Simhanada, I find for most Acacias it is not necessary to inoculate for germination (though I usually do anyway) however for Phlebs it seems to be key! As far as I know azotobacter is a different genus of bacteria to rhizobia and that they generally don't form a symbiotic relationship with plants and just fix nitrogen freely, it may be doing something, im not sure.

Thanks everyone!

:shroomer:

• Like 2

I find for most Acacias it is not necessary to inoculate for germination (though I usually do anyway) however for Phlebs it seems to be key!

Mate, have u seens results such as faster germination or otherwise? ?

I have had great success germinating without innoc. But only apply after a month or so after germination.. .

Most I've tried have popped, taking up to 6 MNTHS or more in colder months and like 6 weeks more recently in high summer!

I admit I haven't sown a heap, but haven't innocculated any seed yet and have been happy with results.

I hope u don't mind this discussion here ??

and a plug ;-), all seed and plants I've gotten from communacaian have been beautiful! !! :-) :-)

Dude knows acacias!

• Like 3

It could very well be that I would of got high germs anyway. I'm fairly new to getting them going so haven't done a lot of experimentation. After hearing someone (maybe that was you communicacian?) at EGA mention inoculation I thought maybe I was onto something :) But what you say makes sense Communacacian and I defer to your greater knowledge and experience. I'll give it a go with some phleb seeds but based on what you say its not going to provide the necessary bacteria.

• Like 2

Thanks DB!! That is very interesting to hear, I am only going by my research and others that I have heard, I think there is still a long way to go with this species! what medium are you using to germinate? What kind of success rate would you say your getting and with how many seeds? Pairing with the right bacteria helps the tree grow up to 4 times faster and much healthier, I never really had success with Phlebophylla until I started inoculating the seeds :)

http://www.cpbr.gov.au/cpbr/projects/wattle-grow/index.html

Simhanada, that was very likely me, pm me your address and ill send you some Phleb soil if you want to give it a go!

For anyone without land wondering if they can grow Phlebophylla in pots...

Phleb_Pot.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks DB!! That is very interesting to hear, I am only going by my research and others that I have heard, I think there is still a long way to go with this species! what medium are you using to germinate? What kind of success rate would you say your getting and with how many seeds? Pairing with the right bacteria helps the tree grow up to 4 times faster and much healthier, I never really had success with Phlebophylla until I started inoculating the seeds :)

http://www.cpbr.gov.au/cpbr/projects/wattle-grow/index.html

Simhanada, that was very likely me, pm me your address and ill send you some Phleb soil if you want to give it a go!

For anyone without land wondering if they can grow Phlebophylla in pots...

Phleb_Pot.jpg

I think I have tried a few lots of 10 now, I haven't done bulk sowing until I've gotten my technique down, but around 7-8 each round have popped after varying lengths of time. So conservitavly I'd say like 70% success.

I sand the coat with wet and dry 800 grit sand paper, soak overnight with just boiled water, they swell and I put on top of soil which I keep moistish for however long it takes to go. However the soil dried completely a number of times.. In fact this seems to help peel the seed coat back.

The soil I use is a brilliant bulk native mix I get locally, it is blank fast draIning soil which I use as a base for pretty much everything I grow.

I will try innocculating seeds in future though and take note of differences

• Like 3

Thanks Communacacian and Sallubrious !!! :worship:

That timing couldn't've been better .. just about to move into a new pad with a garden ..

so excited about the no'c and the immaculacy of the seeds!!

...and will be sure to post any progress here too!

I don't really have much else to add thread-wise yet just immense gratitude and a shiny looking future :)

and one long drool over these delicious piccies above to set the standard of what needs to be achieved :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks ThunderHorse and Sal, glad they arrived :)

check out this praying mantis I found among the courtii seedlings...

Mantis.jpg

Edited by communacacian
  • Like 1

Do you have any left you'd be willing to ship to SA?

Specifically confusa or obtusifolia?

• Like 1