The Corroboree
Evil Genius

TRICHOCEREUS: THE SAN PEDRO GROUP - Crowdfunding Sales Thread

Yes, but I´ve been wanting to end to campaign last week. I only left it up for another week because I had people who asked me to. So if you want one, better get it soon because I will end it as soon as the book is on the way to me.

Great stuff EG.. Will definitely purchase one now.

thanks heaps

• Like 2

On 8/10/2016 at 5:59 AM, Evil Genius said:

Hey guys, yes we´re in the end times now and the book release comes close. I hope that I´ll be able to show some pics of the books within the next 14 days. I´ll keep you guys informed!

Any updates?

Weren't these meant to have been delivered by now? 

1 hour ago, Visceral420 said:

Weren't these meant to have been delivered by now? 

Yes, last I heard.  An update would be nice, EG. :)

Edited by plantlight

EG told me that a professional editor is reviewing the book, and the process is taking much more time than he anticipated.

It is very important to EG that the book is of the highest quality so he did not want to rush the project. I am sure he will give us an update soon :)

• Like 2

Hi guys, it´s been a while since our last update about the SAN PEDRO book and I want to use this chance to wrap the whole campaign up!

Long story short, we are done with the book and the book is with the printer right now and will be printed within a few days. The books will be shipped very soon.

In the past months we worked our asses off and did nothing but editing all day long and for seven days a week. The book had a professional editor and also got a very thorough botanic and taxonomic edit as well. It would usually take much longer to edit a book of that size, but we took absolutely no breaks, worked relentlessly and did everything in about three months.
The result is nothing short of amazing and we are all extremely proud of what we did. The book contains up to date information about every species, has 400 pages (instead of the 300 that we originally wanted) and also includes information about DNA tests and cladistic studies. There are two bonus chapters and overall we are pretty sure that this book will be the most complete and beautiful book on the subject. It took more than two years to get it done, and you will all love it. I never did anything this good in my whole life, and I am ecstatic to get it out now!

So yeah, we just wrapped the production on the final cover. The cover alone took almost two weeks. I actually wanted to use the old cover, but we wanted the cover to be very high quality resolution which is why we decided to make a new one. We had two graphic designers working on it and we finished the rest ourselves. 
I will add the final cover here for you and will post further updates about shipping dates as soon as the books arrive at my doorstep. It´ll definitely take a month or two until I have them, but I will start shipping right away as soon as they are here. There will be another update within the next 14 days with the first photos.
We could not make an update any sooner because there was just so much left to do. I know we are a little bit late to the party, but we just wanted to make the best possible book....and we did! I wish I would have had a book like this when I was younger! You will love it! See you in a week or two when we have the photos from the printer. Big thanks to Torsten for his hardcore support! Couldnt have done it without him! Also thanks to the whole SAB crew who helped me helm this project! Everyone´s photos helped to make this book possible! 

Tried to upload the full sized version here but somehow it´s automatically downscale´d. Here is a link to the cover. 

http://trichocereus.net/wp-content/uploads/file-page1.jpg 

file-page1.jpg

file-page1.thumb.jpg.983022df08e05e6b5ede701abf84cd56.jpg

file-page1.thumb.jpg.983022df08e05e6b5ede701abf84cd56.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 8

woohooooo - dont forget to sign my book with the penis as we agreed dude :P

• Like 2

Hey guys, the first samples of the SAN PEDRO book are here. It looks gorgeous and I wanted to share some of the pics with you. Please note that this is a huge book. The measurements are 221 x 303 mm, so it´s even a little bit bigger than A4. Get yourself a meter and check out how big this actually is. It´s a monster of a Trichocereus book.

I´ll attach a pic of the finished cover, the index and some of the pages. There are 400 all-color pages and we made sure they are all great. There only are a few hundred books available outside the campaign, so let me know if you want to preorder one. You can message me here on Facebook or through my email EG [@] trichocereus.net. There only are hardcover books left and the price of those is 88 Euro plus shipping. Because of the immense costs of the color printing, this was the cheapest I could price them. It will be very worth it though.

The cover is slightly different to the latest version because we had to exchange one photo because it didn't have the resolution it needed to have. I think it looks even better now. Thanks a lot to Torsten for walking me through this whole process. Without his help I wouldn´t be nearly half as good! 

Sample 1.jpg

Sample 2.jpg

Sample 3.jpg

Sample 4.jpg

Sample 5.jpg

Sample 6.jpg

Sample 7.jpg

Sample 8.jpg

581b4e576392a_Sample1.thumb.jpg.5bc60356f8788f1e968fd73d528886a6.jpg

581b4e5e58633_Sample2.thumb.jpg.2dd6adc23f838dd26df0a6f1989a2588.jpg

581b4e659ef85_Sample3.thumb.jpg.5025e4669c932118fa0de251f63a660a.jpg

581b4e6d4f06e_Sample4.thumb.jpg.75d6769f1cb58d8e8a1aff1642b412fe.jpg

581b4e7526280_Sample5.thumb.jpg.82f7d2052e127fe43fe39898fa30d6ed.jpg

581b4e7daf9df_Sample6.thumb.jpg.8397a71af7df8ad106cb48a7b73d1406.jpg

581b4e8428556_Sample7.thumb.jpg.ef33703d0aa84bc36c0e265b80d3b7aa.jpg

581b4e8c6b791_Sample8.thumb.jpg.300916bb972c8ec6aff0e3f6e7f83fde.jpg

581b4e576392a_Sample1.thumb.jpg.5bc60356f8788f1e968fd73d528886a6.jpg

581b4e5e58633_Sample2.thumb.jpg.2dd6adc23f838dd26df0a6f1989a2588.jpg

581b4e659ef85_Sample3.thumb.jpg.5025e4669c932118fa0de251f63a660a.jpg

581b4e6d4f06e_Sample4.thumb.jpg.75d6769f1cb58d8e8a1aff1642b412fe.jpg

581b4e7526280_Sample5.thumb.jpg.82f7d2052e127fe43fe39898fa30d6ed.jpg

581b4e7daf9df_Sample6.thumb.jpg.8397a71af7df8ad106cb48a7b73d1406.jpg

581b4e8428556_Sample7.thumb.jpg.ef33703d0aa84bc36c0e265b80d3b7aa.jpg

581b4e8c6b791_Sample8.thumb.jpg.300916bb972c8ec6aff0e3f6e7f83fde.jpg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Evil Genius said:

Hey guys, the first samples of the SAN PEDRO book are here. It looks gorgeous and I wanted to share some of the pics with you. 

The sample pix are impressive EG!  Way to go:lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, plantlight said:

The sample pix are impressive EG!  Way to go:lol:

Yes, almost there. LOL. Thank you for your patience. The photos show that it was very worth it! We gave our everything for the book, and now we´re all just very happy about what we did. I´ll keep you guys updated and make another posting as soon as I have the books here with me. 

• Like 3

Does anyone know of someone interested in buying this book?

I'm looking to sell my pre-order hardcover book at a discount at $90 USD... 20 dollars off. Anyone interested pm me for paypal info you can also send me your best offer for this book.

Id also accept bitcoin. Your name and address would be sent to EG in place of mine.

Edited by modern.shaman
SOLD
  • Like 3

Hey guys, just an update here on SAB. The books were just cleared by customs and shipping starts as soon as I have the books here. :)

• Like 4

Woohoo! Can't wait to get mine ::wub:

• Like 2

Hey Evil Genius... I know you much be busy so I'll post here.

Please check your PM and send to the address I provided you and not my original address.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I just wrote a final update on Indiegogo and I want to share it here too. There were many people who bought a copy outside of Indiegogo and it just feels great to share this final update on SAB too.

It´s my pleasure to let you know that all the books are shipped.

I literally just finished loading the last boxes on the Deutsche Post Truck and the books are on the way to y´all now. The first that will get them are EU and Germany, and the shipping time to non-EU countries is 2-6 weeks. Most will arrive sooner, but it also depends on the speed of the carrier in your home countries. All books are shipped, without exceptions and all books are numbered, signed and stamped. The books look terrific and we are all very proud.

Together with the book, you will also get some additional flyers and postcards to make sure you have plenty of fun when you unpack everything. I tried to give everyone the lowest number possible, but there were situations when I went with a higher number in favor of a more beautiful book. I wanted to make sure you all get perfect books without any scratches or dents and that was my top priority. All numbers from the campaign are below 300 and come stamped with the official Trichocereus.net stamp of approval. 1f609.png;)

Nothing more to say now and I don´t want to drag this on for too long. Thank you all for your support and patience. It´s been an honor that I was given the chance to write this book for you and I hope you will enjoy your copy of THE SAN PEDRO GROUP. If you have any questions or in case the shipping takes unnaturally long, just let me know! 

• Like 7

#]

2017-02-11 08.42.33.jpg dyu think the new LED's might make it branch pup the next book? :3

2017-02-11 08.42.33.jpg

2017-02-11 08.42.33.jpg

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

I received my copy of the book today. It is very beautiful and I can't wait to check it out. Great job EG!

• Like 1

just got mine. SO GOOD!

• Like 2

Got it yesterday and I Love it. So many great pics EG well done:)

Thanks for including the airplants, all my larger cacti have airplant companions and it was great to see plenty of in-situ pics in the book.

Also I've never heard of T. crassicostatus before, I think one of my favourite 'scops' might actually fall within that description but I'll have to double check tomorrow. You say that naturally it only occurs within a specific area, albeit quite rarely, but then you say that you consider it to be a scopulicola. This has me a little confused. Is it that you conject the Tarija population of crassicostatus  to be just an isolated occurence of scop?

Sorry to get all meticulous on you

Three thumbs up, mate :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

finally ordered my copy today, I am terribly sorry EG, I cant afford 5 books at the moment, just 1.

• Like 1

got my copy in the other week, a flawless beauty, thanks EG. cant wait for the next one 

• Like 1

got my copy in the other week, a flawless beauty, thanks EG. cant wait for the next one 

Thank you mate, glad you like it! :) The second one will blow you away too. Just working on the cover artwork and it´ll be in a league of its own. 

Edited by Evil Genius