The Corroboree
Evil Genius

TRICHOCEREUS: THE SAN PEDRO GROUP - Crowdfunding Sales Thread

Hi guys, just a short status update because of the printed edition of my book! The printed run will probably be 1000 books, but I will give away a part of those to shops that help me raising the costs of the printing. So the number of available books is actually lower.

No idea how many I´ll have, but I try my best to send a copy to everyone who replies to my launch email on my email list. The day I´ll get the books, I´ll send out an email to my subscribers and will process orders on a first come first served basis. If you reply to my email within the first days, I am pretty sure you will get a copy. I am also working on a deal to get a larger number of my books to Australia at once, which would make the import process a lot easier. It´s possible I´ll start a crowdfunding campaign in order to print a few hundred books more if there aren´t enough books for anyone who wants one. But I´ll keep you updated!

So yeah, check out my launch page! I put in a lot of work to make the book and the page look nice and I´ll do everything to make this book look awesome. It will roughly have 220 all-color pages and between 200-400 pics! I haven´t counted them yet because I still get new ones every day.

http://trichocereus.net/trichocereus-the-san-pedro-group/

• Like 3

I wonder if there would (potentially) be any issues with owning a printed copy of such a book in Australia? -Discussion of potency etc

Just wondering.

I'd go a copy for sure. :)

There is no mentioning of cactus ingestion or potency ANYWHERE in this book. This is a strictly botanical book and I´d be extremely surprised if this would be seen as anything but a cool book about plants. Which it is. I am a strictly ornamental cactus breeder and that´s stamped on everything that I do. And I really mean that. It´s about the San Pedro cactus and related species, but there is no mentioning of anything else. That´s just not me and I want everything I do to be perfectly family and legality friendly. Writring about ingestion and trying to claim ornamental use at the same time would be legal suicide. I grow and study plants.

That said; I am not a legal expert for Australian book laws and cannot guarantee you that Australian authorities don´t go into full 1984 mode when they see a cactus, but I am fairly certain that there would be no legal basis for such an act of arbitrariness. But again, I wouldn´t understand why that would happen because it´s a book about plants.

• Like 5

nah, botanical books are fine, even the proposed victorian laws i believe the written material has to at least allude to illegal activity, or aid materially in performing an illegal act. as growing san pedro is not illegal the book is perfectly fine. at least that's my interpretation, i'm no lawyer and probably wrong.

THAT SAID - i noticed on your update page EG that there's a preorder option? i'd like to preorder and send some money while I have some so I can be assured of a copy

also requesting this thread be made a sticky, it's very important :worship:

• Like 2

Hi Stu, I am currently working on a way to pre-order and I will send out a newsletter the day I can start taking pre-orders. I will probably start a crowdfunding campaign within the next week or two to make sure I can get enough books printed. So yeah, please join my newsletter because that´s where I will star taking offers first. Thanks again for all your support guys. This is amazing. bye Eg

There is no mentioning of cactus ingestion or potency ANYWHERE in this book. This is a strictly botanical book and I´d be extremely surprised if this would be seen as anything but a cool book about plants. Which it is. I am a strictly ornamental cactus breeder and that´s stamped on everything that I do. And I really mean that. It´s about the San Pedro cactus and related species, but there is no mentioning of anything else. That´s just not me and I want everything I do to be perfectly family and legality friendly. Writring about ingestion and trying to claim ornamental use at the same time would be legal suicide. I grow and study plants.

That said; I am not a legal expert for Australian book laws and cannot guarantee you that Australian authorities don´t go into full 1984 mode when they see a cactus, but I am fairly certain that there would be no legal basis for such an act of arbitrariness. But again, I wouldn´t understand why that would happen because it´s a book about plants.

I'm with you 100% its so annoying when these plants are simply treated as a "drug", all the drug world related is uncomfortable, really unworthy of a loving gardener. It makes honest people feel like criminals! I want to grow my trichos in peace. The only way to go is the botanical approach. Well done EG! I want a copy, if available.

Edited by Ogun
  • Like 4

Yes please, I will purchase two hard copies when available !

• Like 1

Hey guys, thank you for your support! I am currently in the last hours of setting up a crowdfunding campaign and you will be able to get 250 copies through that campaign. This campaign will probably start today and I will make a posting here, on Facebook and I will also send out my newsletter to make some noise! :-D

There also is an even more limited Hardcover edition and some group packages a five books for people who want to make a group buy and a reseller package that contains ten books!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 4

Subscribing. Phew.

Eagerly awaiting super early x mas gift for self. Yeah!

• Like 2

TRICHOCEREUS: THE SAN PEDRO GROUP - Sales Thread!

Hi guys, I finally started the crowdfunding campaign for the release of my book TRICHOCEREUS: THE SAN PEDRO GROUP on Indiegogo! Thank you all for your support...I couldn´t have done it without you and I could not be any happier right now!
From now on, you can finally order the books through Indiegogo.com and simply checkout with Paypal. You will get the book for 58 Euros (plus shipping) and there will only be 250 copies as well as few extras! Check it out now! The campaign will run for 60 days and I will constantly post about how everything goes. I will probably get the printed books by June and will send them out myself! Let me know if you have any questions about the book or the campaign! bye Patrick

You can buy your copy through this link. It goes to Indiegogo, a very trustworthy crowd funding page:

• Like 7

Ooh shit hot shit hot shit hot!!!

• Like 2

Woooot

• Like 1

Yep I put my euros down.

Serious wooot!!!

• Like 1

whoo that was about as exciting as getting a new tricho !!! defo worth breaking the bank for 4 days over if it means a nice shiny tough book for many years of pleasure :innocent_n:

• Like 2

Subscribing also. Well done sir I applaud your efforts! :)

• Like 2

Got a hard copy coming my way. Yay!

Congratulations on making this come true Evil Genius!

• Like 1

Hey guys, thank you all for your support! And though I said that a lot in the past days, THIS IS NOT A PHRASE! Thank you All for being this awesome community that allowed me to turn my life upside down from being piss poor broke to actually having a positive perspective because of the seed shop and the book. None of this would have been possible without this forum and the great friends that I met here.

Now about the book. I totally underestimated the demand for the hardcover edition and I will look into ways to make sure that I can at least send some of them to the members of my SAB family. I will look into ways to make this work. I get a handful hardcover copies for me and my family, but I will try to give away as many as I can. But I´ll have to wait for the campaign to succeed because I can only fund a handful of extra hardcovers if my campaign reaches the goal. So I keep you updated. Let me know if you have any questions. I am available on Facebook or through EG [ät} trichocereus.net!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Hey guys, there will be more hard cover books. I found a way to print some more and everyone who wants a hardcover version, please wait until I have added a new perk for the extra hardcover books. It´ll probably be today. bye EG

• Like 3