The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yeti101

New Federal Medical Cannabis Laws Introduced Today!

No Benno.

I make a decoction and drink it. only takes a sip. I use a tiny piece of bark though. like half a cm of a match-stick worth (although thinner as it comes from branch).

The natives used this one as such.

Now, Like many an acacia (powerful trees), it does contain cyanogenic gulcosies. Not a problem though given the amount used.

Generally, I now take the bark strip, place in coffee mug or smaller clay one i have, and fill in about 50-70mls water and microwave till i see it boil, twice. let it cool a bit and drink it.

This plants, due to it's medicinal effects on infections is one of my most prized trees!

It could be a dangerous plant, like any other, so warning given!

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 1

Thanks man, a very beautiful tree and abundant in my area :-). I appreciate your response.

Sorry all for steering thread off topic there.

indeed :wink: No problems, glad to help.

I just saw there is a consultation happening currently, it closes in just 2 days.

http://www.tga.gov.au/consultation-invitation/consultation-proposed-amendments-poisons-standard-acms-and-accs-meeting-march-2016

The more people who submit the better.

Edit: From the web page

Does this public notice mean that substances derived from cannabis will definitely be down-scheduled?

No. The scheduling decision will be made by a senior medical officer (in the capacity as a delegate of the Secretary of the Commonwealth Department of Health). Comments are being sought prior to a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling in March 2016. The Committee is made up of independent experts as well as state and territories representatives that provide advice to the scheduling delegate. The scheduling delegate will make an interim decision based on the comments made and the advice from the Committee.

Edited by seekingmeaning
  • Like 1

Yep. It's all gonna be shit GMO stuff that will probably cause more harm than good.

I don't think the original article is slamming GMOs for being GMOs. It's slamming genetically modifying cannabis to properties that are no longer medicinal.

Some Facts – Due to something called the “Entourage Effect of the Plant” was discovered by GW UK (Dr. Ethan Russo) in 2009-2011 and the ECS (endo cannabinoid system) complimenting the discovery of THC and the discovery of the entourage effect of the body in 1968. It simply says Marijuana (that in its natural state has a ratio of 10-15:1 THC to CBD and) as a medicine acts a certain way. Any deviation from this requires some form of biotech where that medicine works differently than natural Cannabis/Marijuana

• Like 1

sensationalist claims of GMO biotech cannabis aint helping the situation.....

Charlottes Web as claimed in the "story" as a GMO, is a crossbred hybrid, clone only variety

I found that "story"a pretty pathetic read.....

Dumping a pro GMO review paper (which basically admits GMO food tech has done fuck all for humans) touting the "possibilities of such technology" aint really helping anything as well.

The initial chatter for Aus. is only about pharmaceutical cannabinoid based drugs - not whole herb to patients of a limited spectrum of conditions.....simple fact...

the term "synthetic cannabis" is a misnomer and should be quashed

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 1