The Corroboree
gem

The Cool Tripper Toys Thread

I have a "magic box"

A low tech, light sensitive theremin thingy.

I convince some trippers I am playing it with my energy field.

We all should have killer party tricks in our kit for mind fucking each other on camps and sleepovers.

Good thread, come on, lets see some more actual stuff posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFHfowgzjfY

• Like 3

Just found this cheapo in amongst shit in the shed. Gunna fire it up tomorrow night at my send off to incarceration.

Feel sorry for the neighborhood cause they probably dont get acid techno.

But the mushys love the tek n the lights do to.

If I didn't have so much to do ide program my sp555 for the girl to play while I freak out a bit.

Could have my eldest daughter up dancing her ass off but I dunno she goes to occasional care tomorrow just to socialize basicaly and that wears her pretty thin... but electronic music fires her right up so I could be dancing the night away with the three I love tomoz!

post-14904-0-99858000-1455798939_thumb.j

post-14904-0-99858000-1455798939_thumb.jpg

post-14904-0-99858000-1455798939_thumb.jpg

Edited by wert
  • Like 1

I think this is a kick arse idea for a thread and im keen to show off my marbles too.

So... don't be shy - upload your pics! I may have more marbles than you (not marbles brains - the glass kind!) but you have the best ones!

i love anything glowey and fun :D my 21st was UV space themed, so much uv light/art/decor.

not that i condone that kind of thing but a friend of a friend who is a glassy who made a uranium glass pipe, thing looked pretty awesome.

Hold up a minute there - did you say your friend of a friend made a uranium pipe? I SO SO want a uranium bong (display only of course) - does he do custom orders?

Wow, your 21st bday sounds like it must have been heaps of fun! Totally jelly! :)

(EDIT: typo - they drive me batshit)

Edited by gem

Dood there are heaps of places, i usually buy them off the artists themselves and save a shit tonne of money.

This is a good place to look though, http://www.pbase.com/bkbowden/marblesforsale

• Like 1

Just found this cheapo in amongst shit in the shed. Gunna fire it up tomorrow night at my send off to incarceration.

If I didn't have so much to do ide program my sp555 for the girl to play while I freak out a bit.

Could have my eldest daughter up dancing her ass off but I dunno she goes to occasional care tomorrow just to socialize basicaly and that wears her pretty thin... but electronic music fires her right up so I could be dancing the night away with the three I love tomoz!

I would LOVE to see some pics please wert :)

Dood there are heaps of places, i usually buy them off the artists themselves and save a shit tonne of money.

This is a good place to look though, http://www.pbase.com/bkbowden/marblesforsale

Ahem - hillbilly - why am I just finding this site now? ;) You have kept it a secret! Cock slap for you at next SAB meet :P

• Like 1

Try this, it's so cool and you'll love it, trust me!

Get some jars or glasses, fill about a third of the way with water, then another third of vegetable oil. Put some different colour food colouring in. This part looks cool already, but wait for the trick...

Plop an aspro clear tablet (or an alka seltzer for you US readers) and watch it go nuts!

Voila, instant lava lamps. If you could find colours that glow in blacklight I imagine that might just blow your mind!

Love that Glaukus!

tonic water glows in the dark! also handy if you are making drinks :) too bad tonic water tastes like a camels ass after weeks in the desert!

I've got stuff from these guys before too http://www.trippystore.com/

Oh that is too awesome - thank you brooa!!! :wub:

Best part is that you don't need any particular poi-twirling-coordination to play with them. They actually look best if you just wave them about vaguely.

• Like 2

I love fibre optic cable, have you seen the side-emitting version they've made that glows down the whole length?

These guys made an Avatar-tree with it:

Avatar%20Tree%20of%20Souls%202.jpg

Original Avatar tree:

Tree%20of%20Souls%201.jpg

• Like 5

those marbles go for a bit of coin :o but omg, so awesome.

here

Edited by Bedofspines
  • Like 2

Dood those marbles are off their lid, I've showed everyone. So good.

I have a giant one of those decorative glass balls that is like a coral reef and it is glow in the dark and probably UV reactive too.

• Like 2

marbles are so hard to take pics of but here are some of mine,

12642952_10207536121875519_5444724934755

The one in front i call my Larry marble, because thats the guy that made it, theyre hard to get pics of and video just dont work good on my phone. But the gold bits is what they called fume. Its kind of invisible unless it has light on it so its like really ghosty 3d clouds. The comet in this one is made from opal so its all reflective with colours and stuff too. I think this is my fave marble, its so deep 3d and kind of layered depth its awesome. I dont know how it seems so deep and just fits into a marble

12644807_10207536114955346_2921357339421

A bit better pic of the fume in my Larry marble, i think he actually uses gold to make it. Behind it is my second fave, i call my bryan marble. The tail on the comet on that one is crazy awesome. totally invisible and totally layered 3d. The worm hole is uv reactive and again all 3d, nothing in these marbles is 2d really so you can see all kind of things from all kind of different angles. The comet and floating rocks are opals so they reflact some kick ass colours too

12661891_10207536112675289_6808491313174

I'm so so jelly of your marbles hillbilly - you have such gorgeous ones! :wub:

Geezus I am slack. I need to photograph my marbles and anything else I think people might like and uplodad them. I LOVE everyone's input, thank you! Bonus: two sites I didn't know about! Thank you hillbilly and BedofSpines. :wub:

Not so much tripper toys as they are so delicate but I'm thinking of uploading some pics of my uranium glass collection (glows under UV light) - just because they're so awesome. :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, here's some art we've made. Second pic is a collab sculpture done with friends.

post-16396-0-74512000-1456842518_thumb.jpost-16396-0-79704400-1456842521_thumb.j

Hillbilly, you are spot-on about the use of gold fuming in your piece (and marbles being hard to take pictures of). I'd like to see the other marbles when you have the time. The blue one in the first pic looks like it could be pretty cool.

post-16396-0-74512000-1456842518_thumb.jpg

post-16396-0-79704400-1456842521_thumb.jpg

post-16396-0-74512000-1456842518_thumb.jpg

post-16396-0-79704400-1456842521_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I loved my marble collection as a kid... Then I lost them

• Like 3

^ whuuut?

i have a long history of accumulating items that flash in different colours and spin making geometric patterns and all such related junk. most of it really is junk too (cool junk). by far the best colour-changing LED toy i've seen was a hula hoop!! it didn't hold a candle to that moodhoop though.

• Like 1

71hZJGktqZL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

oh i got a eulers disc

the frequency you hear at the end increases exponentially before it goes silent. that's pretty trippy. i don't think he's pronouncing euler properly.

and a thing with mirrors which (from suitable angles) creates the illusion of a 3D hologram of a small object placed inside

a flies eye scope

kaleidoscopes with vials of liquid and beads/etc at the end so that the image flows in real time as the beads float down past the mirrors

stuff you can throw in a fire to make rainbow coloured flames

the list goes on. i consider them more as novelties than trippers toys. the real toy lies between your ears.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

does anyone have a laserpod? They look a bit tacky and vids of them never look good. But i have two of them and theyre pretty magic. Ive spent hours watching mine, theyre so well made mine has lasted years of doofing

Today i got a new marble! again its so hard to get a good pic, but heres a shitty one LOL this one is a work of art

12791064_10207806399872300_4760799971687

• Like 4

That's gorgeous, Hillbilly :D Does the white inside the marbles glow under black light? I wonder if anyone's made glow-in-the-dark marbles? I can think of endless ways to make cool craft doodads with glowy marbles.

I found my uv poster paints (buy them cheap from reject shop or Riot art store etc) and have been painting a couple of things, gotta restrain myself from painting the kitchen bench before it gets demolished. I'll take a photo tonight. I'm replacing the rusty pool fence with a nice glass fence and I"m going to see if I can run a strip of led lights underneath the panels to make them glow. If it glows/shines/is multicoloured/lights up, I'm all over it like white on rice.

I wonder what harmaline alks poured into the chamber of a billy would look like? I imagine that's better on one's lungs than regular uv dye?

• Like 1