The Corroboree
gem

The Cool Tripper Toys Thread

Hey peeps, a friend and I have been meaning to set up a thread of cool tripper toys - anyone that has me on facecrack knows that I love my art glass marbles which are just amazing in detail and something you can keep in your pocket/hand to gaze into if under the infulence. Kaleidoscopes, slinkys, old school robots... just throwing a few things out there that I could upload pics of (oh bonus quite a few of the marbles are either made of uranium or are UV reactive so glow under UV light).

Worth pursuing?

• Like 5

there are glow in the dark an uv reactive version of the high bounce balls that you can get in this shape.

I'd imagine chasing it's trajectory around a dance floor or in a big box could be slighly amusing due to the random outcomes of each throw/jump.

I'll add the link here.

there.there called 32mm 12 sided dice something balls. can't remember or find links. ebay will have em but.

my cat used to love the sphere bouncys... then I introduced this and she was like wtf! so I imagine it would have a similar effect on humans under the influence in the dark.

just to get started.

post-14904-0-21620100-1453764744_thumb.j

post-14904-0-21620100-1453764744_thumb.jpg

post-14904-0-21620100-1453764744_thumb.jpg

Edited by wert
  • Like 4

I think this is a kick arse idea for a thread and im keen to show off my marbles too.

• Like 4

i love anything glowey and fun :D my 21st was UV space themed, so much uv light/art/decor.

not that i condone that kind of thing but a friend of a friend who is a glassy who made a uranium glass pipe, thing looked pretty awesome.

• Like 1

if your lucky enough to own a sampler with pads you can load up weird sounds to say 6 pads... sounds like mario grabing a coin or a mushroom, random sounds from vintage vidio games and pinball machine noises (the best)

then you hook up your sampler to your stereo, boombox , sound system whatever.

heres where it gets fun. for each sound played from the sampler each friend not on the sampler must come up with a movement... the sillier the movement the more entertaining. now for each 6 samples have a ridicules movement and let the sampler jockey treat you or all of you like a robot.

I fucking garentee this will have everyone involved having a fucking awesome time.

but remember if your on acid or some shit keep the samples to a maximum of 6 to avoid confusion.

I done this with my missus in surfers paradise on a nice high building with wicked view's. we just used a dim light to dress the setting and away I went vibrating like a dildo, gyrating up against an external corner on a wall and spreading my legs shaking my bits n bobs back n forth. mostly because lsd makes me perverted and also because my missus was in hysterics. admittedly I enjoyed it thoroughly and was thinking of myself as an adult entertainer being externally controlled.

I'm sure you could do this with a phone app. just a matter of finding the right one.

its all about the sounds... the more quirky the better.

my fav acid game to date.

• Like 5

I think this is a kick arse idea for a thread and im keen to show off my marbles too.

It was after all your idea :)

i love anything glowey and fun :D my 21st was UV space themed, so much uv light/art/decor.

not that i condone that kind of thing but a friend of a friend who is a glassy who made a uranium glass pipe, thing looked pretty awesome.

A uranium glass pipe? PM me please brooa - I *love* uranium glass :)

Try this, it's so cool and you'll love it, trust me!

Get some jars or glasses, fill about a third of the way with water, then another third of vegetable oil. Put some different colour food colouring in. This part looks cool already, but wait for the trick...

Plop an aspro clear tablet (or an alka seltzer for you US readers) and watch it go nuts!

Voila, instant lava lamps. If you could find colours that glow in blacklight I imagine that might just blow your mind!

post-14605-0-04448200-1453858904_thumb.j

post-14605-0-04448200-1453858904_thumb.jpg

post-14605-0-04448200-1453858904_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Voila, instant lava lamps. If you could find colours that glow in blacklight I imagine that might just blow your mind!

tonic water glows in the dark! also handy if you are making drinks :) too bad tonic water tastes like a camels ass after weeks in the desert!

I've got stuff from these guys before too http://www.trippystore.com/

Edited by brooa
  • Like 2

Awesome thread!

There's heaps of things I want to make, like a 70s glass ball string curtain with led lights up the top so that the balls pick up the glow. The gloves with led lights at the fingertips are mad. I used to have a DJ light which looked like changing colour dripping oil up/or down the walls and ceiling. Those cheap $35 dj laser lights look awesome in a mirrored reflective room like your bathroom. There's little colour changing rose/lotus flowers on eBay you can put in/on just about anything, like see-through doc martens hanging up by the strings. I used to put led flashing spokey dokes on the wheelchair spokes which spun people the fuck out lol. If I ever get to Burning Man I'm going to blaze this thing the fuck up. I also used to have a led light rope we used to use as a skipping rope (not me though lol).

When we can finish unpacking the house, I can't wait to get it re-trippified! The new deck is being built with this in mind lol fairy lights and black lights, even the metal lasercut privacy screen is picked for maximum shadow play.

There's heaps of cool DIY ideas on Pinterest too, so they don't.have to always cost money :)

• Like 3

How about an Arduino controlled Chuck Wood or Ted E bear with a built in ultrasonic proximity detector ?

Every time someone walks past he could wolf whistle or play a random sampled phrase. Even though the sounds would be called at random, you could almost guarantee it would pick on some people and give them heaps and be nice to others.

If he had wifi you could remote control him with a phone and really mess with peoples heads by playing selected phrases.

It would be cool if his head tracked people as they walked past and then dropped a funny one liner or asked a leading question to trap them into fake conversation.

• Like 4

How about an Arduino controlled Ted E bear with a built in ultrasonic proximity detector ?

Heh, or a cheeky Ted bear... :devil:

W9jizRZ.gif

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be awesome if it was switched off and everyone had seen it thinking it was just a toy, then when the acid kicks in you could turn it on remotely and start making it talk.

If you could turn it's head to look straight at someone and then address them by name it would be a major mindfuck.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 5

That sounds like a YouTube craze waiting to happen. It'd scare the shit outta me and I don't scare easily.

• Like 1

I would definitely be captivated by the bear if it looked at me and spoke. I woulf definitely try and converse with it more. I love freaked out shit on cid I'de lmoa with it for sure.

Awesome idea.

This thread isa' rockin' already!

Maybe theres a way to turn siri on perminantly so you could actually have a conversation with the bear and have him triggered to move when siri speaks.

When my missus first got her Iphone I fucked around with siri that much she asked me if I had ADHD lol. (Siri not the missus)

Edited by wert
  • Like 1

marbles are so hard to take pics of but here are some of mine,

12642952_10207536121875519_5444724934755

The one in front i call my Larry marble, because thats the guy that made it, theyre hard to get pics of and video just dont work good on my phone. But the gold bits is what they called fume. Its kind of invisible unless it has light on it so its like really ghosty 3d clouds. The comet in this one is made from opal so its all reflective with colours and stuff too. I think this is my fave marble, its so deep 3d and kind of layered depth its awesome. I dont know how it seems so deep and just fits into a marble

12644807_10207536114955346_2921357339421

A bit better pic of the fume in my Larry marble, i think he actually uses gold to make it. Behind it is my second fave, i call my bryan marble. The tail on the comet on that one is crazy awesome. totally invisible and totally layered 3d. The worm hole is uv reactive and again all 3d, nothing in these marbles is 2d really so you can see all kind of things from all kind of different angles. The comet and floating rocks are opals so they reflact some kick ass colours too

12661891_10207536112675289_6808491313174

• Like 12

How about an Arduino controlled Chuck Wood or Ted E bear with a built in ultrasonic proximity detector ?

I like the idea of somthing ardrino controlled that has a laser pod or somthing similar cool lighting thing, but as soon as you close your eyes plays this pretty loud

• Like 1

I got a cheap one from a novelty store recently, cheap thrills lol. Also you can make your own with a sawn piece of square aluminium tubing like the side of a shower screen.

We're going to enclose a part of our yard in cat mesh so that the cats and bunnies can go outside in the new place, so I've been thinking of ways of turning into a space matrix cube of wonder. Going to hook up lots of solar powered fairy lights, and shpongle that shit up. Bells, random animal/creature statues, multicoloured rainbow UV string, it'd be made to make it sound-activated mwahahaha only I know I"m too lazy to go to that much effort.

• Like 2

Download the Liquid Lens app

My nephew

th_image.jpeg

crystal kaleidoscope

Rather then looking at glitter and shinny things, it splits your reality into kaleidoscope like images

This is a kinda crappy pic i took pointing the camera down the crystal kaleidoscope and at my morning dare, its a little blurry but you get the idea

kialidascope.png

crystalscope.png

Edited by Change
  • Like 4