The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
occidentalis

Perth Mailing List

Hi everyone

With Torsten's help I've gone ahead and set up a mailing list for perth people to discuss meets and hopefully improve organisation a bit.

The info can be found on our home page from the ethnobotanica homepage which I will be working on over the next few weeks.

I haven't had a great deal of communication with anyone from the Perth community about this, so I don't really know what the feeling is, but I think it's needed if we intend to meet with any degree of regularity.

If anyone would like to discuss this, take on administrative or moderator duties, or assist in the building of the web site, please get in touch.

Cheers to Torsten and the ethnobotanica crew for making this possible.

LOL im keeping out of this!

I really glad youre on the job Creach

The Perth interest is certainly there but they are a secretive bunch :) hopefully they can at least stay in touch this way

Ill put out the word - and can you tell AniMAL about it if you see him loping barefoot about campus :)

rev

Thankyou for that important information Brentor.

The animal and myself went for a walk in the bush recently - he knows all about it.

Secretive? Slack, I say!

Always a pleasure keeping my impoverished westside brothers informed :P

creach:

Secretive? Slack, I say! Acacia_acuminata.15929.jpg

Excellent Creach - its great to see someone making the effort to get such an important project off the ground. If you're in Perth and want to catch up with like minded others its never been easier. Come along to a gathering, swap plants, ideas etc and get an inkling as to all the exciting things in the pipeline.

I'm heading inland for a while Rev. I'll have to stock up on some literature before I head off. However I doubt they'd be in flower at the moment. I found my first quandong a few weeks ago! - but unripe, could have been sandalwood now that I think about it - the nut was very characteristic of the family.

Acacia acuminata is available as seedlings from APACE in north freo. I planted one on my mum's verge but it didn't like being taken to by the lawnmower much.

Spaced -

You wont miss them! They are THE dominant Acacia on the other side of hills. All along the roads with pendulous thin leaves

Grab a nice sack full so an extract and TLC can be done :)

you said it

Just thought I'd bring this thread back from the grips of Hades to find out what happened.

Obviously the mailing list didn't get off the ground - I tried to join and it said it didn't exist. Are there regular meetings in Perth nowadays, or at least a current mailing list that can be signed up to?

na dude! we are hopless over here! the only way i talk plants is going to HHH.