The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
pinegapcontrol

Post has gone up. $1 per letter

sending a letter now costs $1. quite a large jump compared to the 5 and 10c increases. Thought it was worthy of its own post.

It's a fucking rort.

Auspost is claiming the regular mail side of the business is cutting a loss, but at the same time their net assets have gone up. So it seems like they are using creative accounting to downgrade mail revenue so they can cash in even more.

It appears they could be planning a sell off and this is a sneaky way to jack up the revenue to make the sale a more attractive prospect. It will most likely end up in foreign hands like everything else in this country.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 1

$1 is for the slow service. If you want faster service it's $1.50 so they doubled the price for the same standard effectively.

Yeah but the fast service only guarantees letters will be delivered in 3-4 (from memory) I could wrong there.

I used to be able to post a letter and expect it to arrive anywhere the state in 2 days, 3 at the most. Many times letters arrived the next day.

Edited by Sallubrious

^ That's what I do every time the postie stuffs my letterbox full of junk mail. I get more junk mail than letters these days, they must be turning a buck out of that.

Maybe I need 2 letterboxes, one for regular mail and another one for spam.

• Like 2

You can imagine my surprise and delight when I found a sleeve of Molly Meldrum stamps the other day. I genuinely don't remember buying them.

I'm with sallubrious on this one, more than likely a way to justify a future sell off. It's a shame, I love sending and receiving stuff in the mail. It's not gonna stop me from doing so, but I call bullshit when the ceo is still making something like 4 Mil a year.

For anyone else whos kids like to use stamps for decoupage etc. If you give the stamp a quick squirt of silicone water proofing spray before you affix the it. Once received, your kiddlett can easily soak off a perfectly clean stamp.

• Like 2

s' all good man its just cause there upgrading the vespas to suzuki hayabusas so we get our mail quicker.

s'all good!

bunch of rat fucking pig arse licking sabotaging mother fuckers!

Theyre pricing themselves out of the market really. i already send most of my parcels on courier because its cheaper and faster.

• Like 5

Theyre pricing themselves out of the market really. i already send most of my parcels on courier because its cheaper and faster.

who do you use? I was wondering about this?

• Like 1

couriers please and fastway. Fastway is cheaper if you dont have a decent volume i think.

I've had a few things delivered from Qld through Fastway and it normally arrives overnight or the next day to NSW.

How does the dispatch side of the service work Hilbilly, do you drop your parcel off at their depot or do they come and pick it up ?

Couriers please were working on a deal with 7 eleven to use them as pick up and drop off points. Not sure if it ever went through???

I got a 13kg box sent within brisbane nxt day delivery fastaway for $8. This has made me consider using them and cutting out Aust post for sure

Both fastway and couriers please pick up. They have a driver for each area that run back to the depot twice a day. then line hauls that take stuff depot to depot over night.

We send maybe 5-10 parcels a day, but it cost less than $10 for anything upto 25 kg on the east coast major centres

Cool thanks Hillbilly.

Does that apply to anyone, like a one off job or is it for regular customers with an account with the company and an ABN etc ?

They scale the rates on how much you send, i think from what ive heard their one off jobs arent that cheap.

But you dont need an abn or anything, you can just buy a book of stickers off the courier that does your area and away you go. Even at work thats how i do it because its easy really

thing with fastway is they only have shipments mon/wed/fri (at least for qld->vic), so if you order too late on monday it won't get shipped until wed and arrive friday (hopefully), otherwise you'll have to wait until the monday again. at least ozpost ships everyday so if you miss the deadline on monday it'll go on tuesday.

couriers please go ever night. Out of the two we have had heaps less problems with couriers please.

You can imagine my surprise and delight when I found a sleeve of Molly Meldrum stamps the other day. I genuinely don't remember buying them.

No way I'd be putting them anywhere near my mouth
  • Like 2