The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Gnome

This is old news, I am deleting my posts to put it to bed.

[ 24. September 2004, 06:46: Message edited by: Orb ]

if he does this please wreak vengeance upon him most mightily and then reinstate your posts. hope this turns out for the best.

Mate don't let the bastards get you down.I love what you do and respect that you are a normal human with a family and do other things as well.

Just 'cause your interests don't fit with the normal,that doesn't mean your a druggo does it?

This prick obviously has an investment in the Salvia stakes and needs to be taken down before they ruin your life.

This person has something to lose otherwise they wouldn't be doing it,so find out what it is.

edit:removed language :o

[ 03. June 2004, 13:51: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Guest electro

That IS blackmail ....and if he goes through with it, slander and deformation (even if what he says about you to your employer is true) .. for him to win in a lawsuit brought against him by yourself, he would have to prove that his actions are in the interest of the community and that his actions will benefit the community...seeing as salvia is already illegal AND and seeing as your work with salvia was done while it was legal there was and IS NO threat to the community ...

SUE the bastard ... fuckers should be taught a lesson ....

Guest electro

its also a fucking laugh that he is claiming that you are responsible for speeding the demise of salvia...

if he wants to take that approach...

every "head shop" in the netherlands

every "legal hallucenogen" add put up yankiee headshops

every person who grew it

every person who smoked it

even the people who used to use it in the first place are ALL responsible for contributing to its demise ....

every damned one of us .. if we didnt smoke it & talk about it and buy it to make it popular no one would have given a shit about it ... we are all responsible ... whoever you are, grow the fuck up, take some responsibility for your own goddam actions, leave salvorin alone and realise that no one person is responsible, nor did the extractions contribute any more to the demise than anything else. If you want to blame someone, blame the shops that advertised it as "want to get high, legaly " or as "LEGAL ACID TRIP TODAY"....

all salv ever did was show everyone wonderful photographs of the crystalline beauty that made salvia the wonderous teacher that she was...

[ 29. May 2004, 00:13: Message edited by: electro ]

Deny, Deny, Deny!

How the hell can they prove to your employer that 'you' are 'insert nickname here'? I think you should tell the person to FUCK OFF (or worse if you can think of it) and to get a life. Post what you want and tell your boss that this person is crazy and full of shit! I think it's great that you are working on crystalization techniques and sharing the results. I only wish I had saved your posts somewhere. (I'd never bother actually doing it though, unless I had a kick ass analytical balance.)

Good Luck

Edit:

I guess this topic itself might be the evidence? You should delete this one too. (...and maybe put the others back?) If you decide to get rid of this one, I'll delete my reply aswell

[ 29. May 2004, 23:03: Message edited by: Plant Pimp ]

this sucks man, i feel so sorry for the people who are behind this. They must have no life.

What was the email adress that it was mailed from, someone here might be able to trace it somehow.

Completely absurd! I know which website you're reffering to, and I don't plan on sending any business that way. Threatening to disclose LEGAL activity is just beyond stupid, and I would assume this is clearly related to greed. I wonder if his competitiors all got similar threats....God knows ther are enough Salvia vendors online.

I loved those posts, luckily I have an achived copy as many others do I am sure. I don't think you will be able to remove your work from the net. One reason why we should be careful with our online identities.

Anyway the person behind this clearly has nothing better to do!

Chief

[ 29. May 2004, 13:41: Message edited by: chief23 ]

Oh what a crooked web we weave.....

Salvinorin will be scheduled at some stage you can count on it!

This won't however be a direct result of you teaching people kitchen chemistry :rolleyes: what a crock of SHIT.

It's nice to know though,that individuals are STILL making claim to natures bounty and threatening peoples lives over the money 'they' are losing????

Maybe we can pack CS up and send him with a Salvinorin enema to shove up this blokes ass and let her decide what's right and what's not.

Wanker!

[ 30. May 2004, 19:15: Message edited by: mescalito ]

I have asked Fodder to remove all references to individuals unless the accusations can be sustained. This means anyone trying to sign up here to cause more trouble for fodder will be shortlived. We only want people who contribute positively here.

gotta love that crockpot and fan setup. neat idea.

Just went to SPF and edot to get a bit more of an idea of the scale of this shitfight. I don't mind spf and do actually hang out there regularly (with noize filters set to maximum ), but geeez, edot really has gone down the drain.

Anyway, I think this topic is best dealt with in forums where it originated. Really, not many people here know much of the background and probably prefer it that way. Given how badly this topic affects the other forums I am sure DL will be keeping a close eye on it. Nothing that a good dose of PMS can't fix

Fodder, I am beginning to think that that last threat is fake. And hence maybe the whole lot is fake. I mean, the people you suspect know that you are not trading salvia, so it makes little sense to threaten you that way. It seems more likely that this is a 'keep it underground' crusader who has formed his opinion of your activities from your more recent forums posts. Surely the people you suspect would know better and more accurate ways of getting at you.

The whole issue just goes to show how vulnerable many researchers are and how important an anonymous on line ID can be.

And it also goes to show how egos and grudges dont mix with ethnobotany... If the ethnobotany community is to push human evolution forward in the way it has shown it can, things like this need to be overcome quickly. We are humans yes, but perhaps some of us need to transcend the purely human phenomena that has held others back..

push the envelope guys, get over grudges and shit fights, and dont take things so bloody seriously.

We are all adults after all, and one would think that we are some of the more intellectual and morally wholesome adults around. Act on it :)

peace love and understanding

***E***

(edit: this remark is not addressed or intended for anyone in particular, or even members of S.A.B, just a comment based on ongoing observations of ongoing fueds throught the eb scene... cant we all just get along?)

[ 31. May 2004, 01:03: Message edited by: min(E)rval ]

I know not....

[ 03. June 2004, 13:47: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Originally posted by Fodder:

The thing about this fellow is that he won't get off my back. Follows me where ever I go.

Let's put this into perspective please. The person you refer to has signed up at SAB under ONE name. No more!! He was refused posting permission because he tried to foolishly circumvent our sign-up safety protocol. He has not tried to sign up since (the other names you suspected are people I know personally!!).

The person that apparently follows you around is not a computer whizz like you make him out to be. I am sorry if he reads this, but he is not the brightest tool in the shed when it comes to the internet. He is also not in canada as you suggest.

Fodder, you have our respect and support in this matter, but don't let your imagination get away on you. By making false accusations you are only involving a lot more (innocent) people and making yourself less believable. Let's stick with the facts and let's deal with them.

Next, CaptainFreak came here and signed up with a new name here using my initials and the state I live in.

Where do you get this stuff from?? Seriously, you are making stuff up and it's not helping your cause.

We have no captain freak here. And if you mean captain frakass, then you are wrong too. In fact the reason why he got banned was because he didn't provide any sign up information AT ALL. Definitely no state or initials.

You don't have to make this situation look worse than it is. We all support you in having to deal with this threat even without you dramatising it. So please, no more conjecture, no more names and no more counterthreats unless you are certain of the facts.

Personally I think you are looking at the wrong person(s).

I find this fully believable, Fodder. The sad thing is, that SAB has had a similar problem in 2001. We used to have a member here who stumbled onto the whole sub-zero chilled acetone thing, before it was posted elsewhere(as far as I know), I actually had collaborated with him in a series of extractions.

Now this guy was approached by overseas members with vested interests in SD, I think even seibert contacted him and this group of people in no uncertain terms told him to keep quiet.

Since then he has not appeared or contacted me again and deleted all of his posts.

If that can happen to someone in my own backyard from WA, in a place when it's legality was pending anyway, then Im sure in this heated climate anything is possible, including people following you around, on the net and in real life. If I had previous altercation experience with an ID, and that ID or variations of it kept popping up...of course this captain guy didn't provide any user ID. That's entirely consistent with your story, Fodder.

And then if someone signed up using a variation of my initials and state, I'd be inclined to be paranoid about that too, especially if I was receiving anonymous emails that contained threats and personal information, I really feel for you.

[ 31. May 2004, 22:32: Message edited by: Thelema ]