The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Gnome

from terror to amusement in a few days.

The new member chaka has not posted yet as far as I can see. I have kept an eye on all new members and the fact that this person is overseas did not escape me.

But this person is not captainfrakass! So I think you should leave the captain alone for now

Frakass does not understand basic internet functionality and certainly does not fit your description of the web-whizz-evildoer. (Thelema- it wasn't just that he didn't give ID, but rather the way he went about it all and the e-mails he sent me. I am not about to divulge private info of someone who doesn't seem to have done anything wrong other than being a foolish newbie - so just take my word for it.)

Hamtaro is definitely a friend of mine - you will see soon enough. keep an eye on the kyoto thread

What the..?

[ 01. June 2004, 00:39: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Deep breath everyone, including all those new overseas members who have signed up in the last day or two.....

Just as fear is a learned reaction, so can learning to relax become a challenge after a period of hardship.

I'd like to offer you one of our special drinks with the little umbrellas in it as a first step :)

Hey, man.

You hit the nail on the head, above, sphere. I honestly have had nothing to do with the underhanded shite that's been pitched your way. None of it. And I do think the guy is doing his best to cause friction between you and others not directly involved.

I'm guessing he/she/they are getting quite the chuckle over the havoc reeked and the shite that flied.

Peace, man.

lw

Funny thing about the internet is that people got all the balls in the world when they have a computer to hide behind. Look at Mulga for example, he's got a million and one opinions on SAB when he's sitting on his computer but when he's suddenly put into a room with Torsten..... not a single thing to say.

The thing with the internet is that 99% of people talk complete shit when it comes to this sort of thing. I've had more threats made against me than Mulga's mum has given out blowjobs to strangers. A general rule of thumb to follow is simple: if it stays on the internet, keep it on the internet. If it makes it's way off the internet than mafucker, deal with it mightily and smightily. Threats to me just roll off my back these days, some mucho internet geek is going to have to do a lot more than say he's gonna fuck me up to get a rise out of me. Once someone makes it personal then weigh up what you have to lose and put as much as you can afford into fixing that mafucker so he knows not to fuck with people like that again.

I once made a really simple and off the cuff remark to this fuckwit jew on a newsgroup once and within minutes he was sending me emails saying that he would sue me for defamation etc etc. He actually made phonecalls to my isp, and went to see his solicitor and shit, all over ONE really simple remark. Anyways it turns out he only lived about a half an hour drive from me so after surface dealing with it on the internet (publicly) I was able to make it really clear to him that I had a lot less to lose than he did and I wasn't afraid to embark on a crusade if for no other reason out of sheer boredom.

Now I know your situation is different and you have family and work at stake here, and i only read through the first couple of posts so im not sure if the dude has actually gone ahead with anything but make sure, if he so much as makes a call to your home or employer, or takes it off the internet in any way, that you are prepared to meet him, head to head. Who knows, he could have a lot more to lose than you do. It seems like all the balls are in your court in terms of legalities and shit and if you really don't have anything to hide I guess involving the police (though it sickens me to say it) could be an option for you because if you truly aren't doing anything illegal in your home, there's probably a good chance that they do illegal things in their home, so you would have nothing to lose by involving the law. Probably a last resort though, a clublock to the head being a more satisfying one

Heh reminds me of a story involving Shroomy from these forums. Some fuckwit that had a problem with him came around to his house one night and knocked on the front door while he was in the shower. His wife and kids were home. He get's out of the shower, grabs a baseball bat, storms to the door, grabs this dude by the fucking throat, drags him to the fishpond in the front yard, dunks his head in and puts the bat to this dudes head and shouts something like "If you fucken come round here again i'll fuckin kill you!" hahaha fucken pisser. Shroomy is one hell of a guy.

Im sure you'll know what to do when the time comes.

-Chemical Shaman

Chemical Shaman:

He get's out of the shower, grabs a baseball bat, storms to the door, grabs this dude by the fucking throat, drags him to the fishpond in the front yard

ROTFL i suppose he dint have time for the towel did he!! LOL

[ 02. June 2004, 02:20: Message edited by: reville ]

shit I forgot the best bit!! HE WAS COMPLETELY NAKED

except for the baseball hat of course

Does this mean the threat is over and that you can re-post your teks and stuff?

or you still gonna keep it on the low-low?

-bumpy