The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is an inherently negative medium

You gotta look on tthe bright side, like, obviously religious idiots are one of many diseases, perhaps intractible diseases in the blood of humanity, but i want to try this snackbar theyre always screaming about.

I like food to a fault.

Before anyone feels the need to jump on me.

I'll just say I wasn't siding with Starling or taking an extreme view (it could certainly be taken that way).

I just like to challenge beliefs.

I can't understand how food certification could be taken in that context and certainly don't myself.

& I do believe we are all one, anything that diminishes one of us diminishes us all.

What's not to understand?

I find the Islamic faith repellent,backward, violent,misogynistic and absurd. And I can qualify this position based on endless atrocities, the brutality of shari'ah, the nonsensical nature of the quir'an, and the fact that wherever you find a large Muslim population, you will them to be invariably in conflict with their neighbors.

Why, excuse me, should I be forced to pay into a system that contravenes every standard of ethics, liberty and value I hold dear? Why should I have to pay into zakat--a system that redistributes halal money into Muslim-specific charities? I wonder if people are aware that it is actually forbiden by shari'ah to redistribute zakat to non-muslims. Well, it is. Let me give you a challenge: name a Muslim charity that is an exception to this. Ok,so that was a trick question, because they don't exist.

So that's the situation, good people; you are forced to pay into a system which both considers you an apostate and will never either redirect, nor pay forward, that money to anyone other than those within the ambit of its ideology. Ever. In fact, Zakat is almost certainly redirected to extremist groups occasionally. So essentially, we're sometimes funding extremist Muslims to kill us.

You see, in a rational universe we'd have an arrangement whereby people like me who don't want to support Islam wouldn't be made to. Nestle wouldn't arbitrarily certify chocolate bars halal as a matter of course. Instead, they would produce these for sale in halal grocers and these would not be distributed in the wider market generally. That would be fair, and that would be a choice. As it stands, my choice now is either buy the halal certified products, or don't buy them. Now, if anyone wants to chime in here and tell me how this is equitable, then please--amaze me.

My rants @ Be Daring Adult Shop

After spending over $400 on doodles and their essential oils you told me I would need 'Fleshlight Renewing Powder' to care for my doodles properly. As I would like my doodles to stay healthy I paid the $25.00 for the 4 OZ\118mL doodle powder. While reading all the instructions carefully as I want to take the best care possible of my doodles I see the doodle powder ingredients listed...

100% Cornstarch.

And not even food grade.

I don't really like people who think we're not one. but I can still converse with them. just not quite the same.

damn ants on bins on bin day!

What's not to understand?

I find the Islamic faith repellent,backward, violent,misogynistic and absurd. And I can qualify this position based on endless atrocities, the brutality of shari'ah, the nonsensical nature of the quir'an, and the fact that wherever you find a large Muslim population, you will them to be invariably in conflict with their neighbors.

Why, excuse me, should I be forced to pay into a system that contravenes every standard of ethics, liberty and value I hold dear? Why should I have to pay into zakat--a system that redistributes halal money into Muslim-specific charities? I wonder if people are aware that it is actually forbiden by shari'ah to redistribute zakat to non-muslims. Well, it is. Let me give you a challenge: name a Muslim charity that is an exception to this. Ok,so that was a trick question, because they don't exist.

So that's the situation, good people; you are forced to pay into a system which both considers you an apostate and will never either redirect, nor pay forward, that money to anyone other than those within the ambit of its ideology. Ever. In fact, Zakat is almost certainly redirected to extremist groups occasionally. So essentially, we're sometimes funding extremist Muslims to kill us.

You see, in a rational universe we'd have an arrangement whereby people like me who don't want to support Islam wouldn't be made to. Nestle wouldn't arbitrarily certify chocolate bars halal as a matter of course. Instead, they would produce these for sale in halal grocers and these would not be distributed in the wider market generally. That would be fair, and that would be a choice. As it stands, my choice now is either buy the halal certified products, or don't buy them. Now, if anyone wants to chime in here and tell me how this is equitable, then please--amaze me.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

There's just not enough positive role models for the young who are like sponges and absorb their surroundings and act upon them. Then you get the haters who spew upon the youths behaviour with ignorance masquerading as intelligence to judge without realising the kids are products of bad upbringing. It's so sad how many angry young people there are due to bad parenting. I see skitzed out parents telling their very young to fuck off, get fucked, get the fuck here.... It's just so sad :(

islam is a religion of peace and is certainly not bigoted, homophobic, violent or misogynistic at all. i don't see why that's so hard to understand?

jews Christians muslims, whatever, theyre all as bad as each other. religion is a brain disease.

"Transference of fear and self loathing to an authoritarian vessel. Its catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, hes effective at proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain, dulls critical thinking"

that's from TV so yeah...maybe bullshit...sounds good though.

Well, all the abrahamic cults are bad, but none does violence, misogyny and intolerance quite like Islam. This interesting short explicates why it's the worst of them and how it is quite unlike Christianity or Judaism.

islam is a religion of peace and is certainly not bigoted, homophobic, violent or misogynistic at all. i don't see why that's so hard to understand?

Is that your 53 cents?

Is that your 53 cents?

the most convincing argument in favour of islam i've heard yet. well done you've swayed me

Why tryn put sensible arguments forward to such enlightened beings such as yourself?

That's my $100

Is that your 53 cents?

Well, you can't argue with that kind of logic. You are the Feynman of dialectics. Has MENSA phoned yet?

Why tryn put sensible arguments forward to such enlightened beings such as yourself?

That's my $100

Agreed. Our paltry minds are simply not worthy of the attention of an intellectual powerhouse such as yourself.I thought of asking you for an explanation on your process of applying a monetary value to arguments, but I do not think I could I could grasp this, in my simian drooling torpor any more than a badger could understand a currency default swap. I will now suitably retire to a recreation fitting of my intellectual caliber. such as shitting my pants whilst banging my head against a wall.

thats an in joke you wouldn't get, took place while you were away.

I'm MEN from SA already, lol.

Agreed. Our paltry minds are simply not worthy of the attention of an intellectual powerhouse such as yourself. I will now suitably retire to a recreation fitting of my intellectual caliber. such as shitting my pants whilst banging my head against a wall.

Cool, we won't have to read your shit no more

please olive, put forward your sensible arguments to justify wife beating in islam

i'm all ears

thats an in joke you wouldn't get, took place while you were away.

I'm MEN from SA already, lol.

You're men ?

What--two or more of them?

On your own your all sensible people, why when you get in a thread together must you all act like this?

well, I suppose the difference is olive is the only one carrying forward. S/he is actually following me around the forum posting links after my own posts to the effect that I'm a Neo-Nazi, and even replied to my ad in plant sales that my plants come with a 'dose of bigotry'.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42633

I am now literally being stalked and slandered because s/he doesn't happen to agree with me. That's the reality of this whole thing.

Taste it, don't waste it, the great taste of daffodil. :)

You've done all you can starling. If you feel you've been treated unfair or against the forum rules then use the report button or pm a moderator. I hope you stick around the forums and continue trading. I might even buy a plant so I can get bigatry in my collection. I haven't come across that sp. yet :)

yeah stick around starling, please

you have to take the good with the bad with this forum, just like any

Thanks guys, I will be sticking around. This is a great site with a lot of cool cats. and I've already met a bunch of interesting people.

I don't really mind getting into shenanigans in off topic boards, but trashing my sales posts and getting called a Nazi is where I draw the line (a partially murray Neo- Nazi, that's a new one. How Ive come this far without beating the shit out of myself, I'll never know).