The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
starling

Very Rare edible fruit species for sale/trade

Hello everyone. I have some spares this year from my collection of edible (non-psychotropic) fruits and nuts. Prices are as follows, but I will trade certain species for microsorum thailandicum (blue sheen fern, blue oil fern) if anyone is carrying this. Please do your own research on the varieties listed below. have only included images of kadsura coccinea, paradise nut, and sacha inca.

Sacha inca (only have two for sale) 45$ each.

Dwarf self pollinating mamoncillo ( melicoccus oliviformis) 45$

Mexican Hill Grape (Undescribed, first generation in Australia) 50$

Kadsura coccinea: Incredibly rare fruit from China. Red form 50$, Yellow form 65$.

Pitangatuba (star cherry; incredibly delicious) 45$

paradise nut (monkey pot nut, incredible thing) 65$.

Elite Dragonfruit cuttings: Any one for 45$

Dark star

florida red sweet

condor (wins most taste tests in US)

makisupa

cosmic charlie

physical graffiti

sin espinas

Forgive-the-dashes-my-spacebar-just-died.

Elite-opuntia-varieties

I-went-through-quie-a-phase-collecting-the-best-fruiting-opuntia-I-could-find.Here's-what-I-have-in-way-of-pads-to-sell.

Torrance#1--red/orange-fleshed.Mexican.Consdered-the-best-tuna-by-many-enthusiasts.

O.Engelmanii/cow's-tongue:Purple-fleshed-fruits.Bizarre,tongue-like-form.Great-landscaping-variety.

O.Robusta--red-fleshed-fruit,very-large-and-huge-pads.

O.Robusta-x-something:Huge-pads-which-are-greyish-blue.Purple-red-fruit.

Luther-burbank:-This-rare-gem-is-the-only-variety-luther-ever-bred-for-fruit-quality-and-not-as-cattle-fodder.It-was-purchased-at-a-burbanks-estate-auction-by-an-aussie-collector-who-has-a-better-variety-of-cacti-than -you-or-I-will-ever-have,and-was-imported-at-considerable-expense-and-no-doubt-trouble-into-Australia.As-far-as-I-can -tell, it-is-some-kind-of-robusta-x-or-selection.Fruit's-are-enormous-and-deep-reddish-purple,as-they-mature-they-bleed-vibrant-juice.

All-pads-45$-except-the-burbanks.This-is-100$.If-that-sounds-like-a-lot,consider-the-provenance-and-that-this-is-probably-the-best-fruiting-opuntia-in-existence.

Happy-to-answer-most-questions-by-PM.

post-16542-0-38754800-1451080347_thumb.p

post-16542-0-79519900-1451080366_thumb.j

post-16542-0-73762400-1451080405_thumb.j

post-16542-0-38754800-1451080347_thumb.png

post-16542-0-79519900-1451080366_thumb.jpg

post-16542-0-73762400-1451080405_thumb.jpg

post-16542-0-38754800-1451080347_thumb.png

post-16542-0-79519900-1451080366_thumb.jpg

post-16542-0-73762400-1451080405_thumb.jpg

Edited by starling
  • Like 5

Cool fruits. Are the plants seedlings, can you post?

Cool fruits. Are the plants seedlings, can you post?

Yeah, I can post. The dragons and opuntia can go out standard mail no problems, but the others would be better sent express.

Generally, I post fragile plants in cardboard tubes. Safest method in my experience.

Edited by starling

Rather than me uploading (and resizing pics, boy isn't that a pain in the arse) please refer to matt's landscaping, linked below, which has images and descriptions of the varieties I have listed. He is the world's premier stockist and a damn fine breeder in his own right. He's also a cool cat and reliable unlike some other sellers I won't mention who sell bogus cuttings routinely. All my stock has come from here. Also, if you see one you want, ask me--I might be willing to dock a cutting.

http://www.mattslandscape.com/hylocereus/

I want all of this but I doubt I'll get any of it into WA very easily

I want all of this but I doubt I'll get any of it into WA very easily

Not much I can do about WA qarantine protocols. I'm happy to post things to you at your own risk though.

• Like 1

I think later this year I'll drive a van across the country on an epic Odyssey of cactus and I'll fill the thing to capacity with cacti :) Too scared to risk things not arriving I've tried 3 times with live plants and failed every time

Hey starling! I've only just gotten into flowering/fruiting cacti and was wondering what is so special about the elite dragon fruit? I noticed they are pricey and thought I'd ask/post as I'm sure other people are wondering too? Are they elite in the sense of taste or growth, or all? Cheers man

Hey starling! I've only just gotten into flowering/fruiting cacti and was wondering what is so special about the elite dragon fruit? I noticed they are pricey and thought I'd ask/post as I'm sure other people are wondering too? Are they elite in the sense of taste or growth, or all? Cheers man

If you haven't tried a selected purple dragonfruit, you haven't tried a dragonfruit. Absolutely no comparison to the whites and reds you by at the store.

Update:

All my opuntia cuttings have sold. I will not have more for at least another 6 months.

Thanks

s

Will you do a package price got one of each dragon fruit?

Will you do a package price got one of each dragon fruit?

You mean a bulk discount? Yeah, I'll do that. I may no longer have all the listed types on offer, though. PM me, I'll check and see what I have.