The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sagiXsagi

Tricho ID

Question

P1140455.jpg

I know its a single and problematic photo, still I have reasons why I want you to throw a couple guesses at me..

Any ideas?

11 answers to this question

Well, the first thought is obviously cuzco.

But looking more closely at the epidermis, could it be a form of Taquimbalensis?

Probably Cuzco. Epidermis is not really typical for a Tr. taquimbalensis. And the spine color and shape is different too, so I´d say it´s one of those many Knize types between Tr. cuzcoensis and Tr. peruvianus.

Don't listen to EG, he's obviously a bot with quantum tunnelling capabilities running on a D-wave.

We won't be able to prove him wrong for at least 50 years.

Merry Christmas EG :)

• Like 2

its a "Hammiltons crest" reverted tip . wanted you to answer cuzco. :)

• Like 3

I think most people consider the common hamiltons crest to be a cuzco. Still cool though.

• Like 1

Well, it´s obviously Cuzcoensis. You know, I understand sometimes a plant can look pretty weird on pics or just because of the conditions it was grown in. But you can´t really fake this spination....maybe it just doesnt show the typical spination on mutated growth.

• Like 2

Too bad it doesn't show that kind of spination on crested growth, it would look amazing.

• Like 1

mine is pretty small, also the hyperpropagative mofo in me took 3 cuttings off it and rooted, only one is a crested part. its being repotted next season, couple months from now.

P1140546.jpg

that mother is amazing. I find it a pretty distinctive and pretty crest, perfect patch to a pachanoi crest . Maybe if left to grow in full sun it might increase spine size...

I also wonder how the sport concept would suit this clone. Is the cresty part a sport? That is, the crest reverts to normal, but not vice versa?

Edited by sagiXsagi