The Corroboree
Evil Genius

A present for my SAB family! Trichocereus seed giveaway!

:innocent_n: happy solstice !

Are the seeds wild collected ?

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 2

I don't want seeds but just wanted to say I can see the 'fuck off' message on this thread that people have been seeing and it is amusing.

Also that is an awesome giveway EG. Good on you

• Like 1

Merry christmas EG

PM'd

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I´ll get back to you within the next week or two and get everything packed. I send WORLDWIDE and in every country I am legally able to. The seeds are not wild collected but from private culture plants in Peru.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas E G

Pm'd

• Like 1

Hi EG, I'm happy if you want to send all the Australian giveaways to me as one delivery and I'll distribute to those who've pm'd you.

Let me know

• Like 2

The seeds are not wild collected but from private culture plants in Peru.

:):)

Hey EG.. still a lot to guess about the genes combined ..

Hand pollination between favoured pachanoi parents? Open pollinated pachanoi plants in a garden in Peru?

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

Open pollinated pachanoi plants in a garden in Peru?

Those are hand pollinated and the parents are both from the same type / population from south Peru. It´s not an open pollination and some of the parents can be seen on the pic. That said, the seeds are from more than one seed pod, so it definitely is a mixed bag. But all plants involved are from the same type and that´s how pretty much all seeds coming from Peru are if they aren´t OP-ed.

And just another word about the type. Those are somewhere between Tr. pachanoi and Tr. peruvianus. The plants may look spineless at older age, but they can in fact be very spiny and have a dark blue epidermis. This type is very variable and some young plants look more like peruvianus but show a rather typical pachanoi spination later on. This is important to me and I want everyone raising them to know that this is absolutely not what is currently understood as a pachanoi, but something in between. It´s the type of plants that end up causing arguments about what they are. Long spine pachanoi, short spine peruvianus, etc. You get what I´m saying. If I´d have to guess, I´d say that they are probably a bit closer to Tr. peruvianus than to Tr. pachanoi. But we shall see.

Oh, and the are awesome. I´ve been trying to get some of those type for a long time, and I am really glad I ended up getting some that are actually fresh.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 5

Thanks for the offer, I PM'd you.

Hi guys, just a short note to everyone who joined! It will take me weeks to respond to anybody who wrote but I´ll be shipping them out within the next week. Everyone who messaged me until today will get seeds. Again, this is a thanks to all my friends and this great community here. Would be great if you could post pics of the plants in the future. :)

Alright, as of this moment, this giveaway is closed and I´ll start a new one with Tr. tulhuayacensis soon. Anyone who comes across this post too late can always message me and buy some in the shop. That said; everyone who once sent me seeds or plants can ALWAYS contact me and I´ll send sth over! I always remember my friends.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 8

Hey Guys, glad to hear some of them have finally arrived. I also got 2-3 letters back due to incomplete addresses but I´ll send those out again next week.

As a surprise, I sent the Tr. tulhuayacensis seeds with every single letter that I sent. On top of the Pachanoi seeds! I only got those seeds 4-6 weeks ago, and I was not able to test them yet. And I wont stock it until I see germinations in my test containers or hear sth positive from you. Just in case those seeds have a shit germination rate, I just want to say in advance it does not represent what I sell in my shop. I test all my seeds before I sell them. So yeah, please test that Tr. tulhuayacensis seeds and let me know how it is. And apart from that I hope you´ll have fun growing them! :)

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 5

Cheers EG the seeds arrived safe and have already been sown.Love ur work!

• Like 1

Got mine today, thanks EG, You are a Legend.

Cheers Godiam.

• Like 1

this is so good, this pach is beautiful

and tulhuayacensis seeds too!? i'm so excited :wub:

• Like 1

Hey guys, the first test results of my Tr. tulhuayacensis seeds are in! The seed is extremely viable. Had the whole test container filled up with seedlings!

• Like 3