The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

Smoked chillies mmmm...

I'm never gunna be one-a them chilli freak ppl ( we know you're out there ) but we just restocked some of darcy and mandragora's most excellent smoked chillies cos we ran out. These are the ducks nuts, well, actually they're smoked chillies, and they are the best thing I've seen done with food ( CS phone photos aside ) in years

Fry 'em up with onion and garlic at the start of whatever dish you put them in ( tacos etc- you bet! ) and for the best results leave the food sit overnight in the fridge. Next day it's heavenly :cool: They seem to have a few kinds, jalapenos, bells, a few others- I have yet to explore the subtleties but will prolly over the next few weeks

I have no idea whether darcy & mandragora actually sell these things, or trade them, or whether they fall like largesse from the sky. Hey you two- how does everyone else get some of your smoked chillies?

smoked how? what wood? stored in oil or dried?

waterdragon:

smoked how? what wood? stored in oil or dried?

No idea how they smoke 'em, but they're dried

LOL!

When I first saw the post I pissed myself laughing 'cause I thought some other fool had actually tried it on purpose!

Well I must admit a while back I was separating some chill seed on the bench and some of the fleshy bits just happened to migrate into the tobacco remnants from the last ciggie as they were scooped up and dumped into the next cigarette unbeknowns to the smoker.

Well battery acid to the back of the throat comes to mind

Although the after taste was pleasant!

I'd be interested in the SMOKE'd variety though for sure .

The are also excellent for vegetarians who miss the bacon flavour in their dishes.

They are frikkin fantastic 'specially in winter with casseroles/stews. add for that smoky flavour that makes good food divine food

i lie. they are great in summer too in a bbq marinade or for a smoky spicy chicken warm salad

keep it up guys! hey can you do some nice smoked paprika for dishes (mostly guests) not wanting spice?

reville:

...smoky spicy chicken warm salad

mmm... Rev's salad with smoky spicy chicken...mmmm. Haven't had a good salad in a while... food is also a drug :)

in the 60ts and 70ts, rumors where spread, that one could get high from smoking a cigarette thru a both end's opend chilli, jacksons illusion pepper they called it. aswell chillis are sometimes added in smoke mixtures.

mate when i was in china they have a dishthat combines red chillis with seshuin peppercorns - the seshuan peppercorns make your mouth tingly and tumb - which is quite weird - and make the chillis one hundred times hotter - they made my friends tongue bleed!

darcy:

WD, it's a secret      

:D  

man, i'll hit that formula and it will be a secret no longer. i'm pretty good at smoked fish, chicken and oysters so far. just gotta get a good supply of chillis and some select sawdusts, it's on my loooong list of things to do, gonna build a smokehouse(walk-in jobbie) too.

WD...I think you'll find many chilli heads around these parts

Don't you like the very hot chillies Darcy?

Those C.pubescens are beauties! I grabbed a couple as I was leaving the botanic gardens the other week. Wouldn't say these were quite as hot as thai, but boy did I get a nice endorphin rush about 15 minutes later! :D

The habernero variety "hot paper lantern" is really attractive too if you can get hold of it.