The Corroboree
communacacian

2018 - The Year of Acacia courtii (Finito)

Hey mate, ill take two. ill pm you this afternoon. Proly be interested in a couple of other acacias too if you have them

• Like 3

Hey, I'm very interested. Unfortunately I cannot find you when I search for your username when trying to write a message to you. So would it be possible to come into contact somehow else maybe? Would be very great, thanks ;-)) cheers, bassice

Edited by bassice

Wow Horus, thankyou for sharing, its really nice to see the trees i send out looking happy and healthy in their new homes! Also I really appreciated the kudos ive been getting here recently for my work, and its so great to be able to share my passion in a way that benefits others here, it really means alot!

Yes pruning the tops will send the growth energy in a more horizontal distribution, however this will temporarily stunt its vertical height. I spend alot of time shaping trees  for my occupation so when it comes to these trees I am more inclined to just let let grow how they want to grow and see what happens. In regards to this species, not much research has been done into how pruning will effect them so I am in full support of experimentation which would be great to be documented on this site! As courtii is a vigorous grower they can tend to shoot up rather quickly which creates quite a thin stem. Something to consider is that these trees naturally dont grow in open spaces and are surrounded by other courtii and eucalypts which shield them from the elements, so depending on the environment they are in a fattening up could well be in order!

:)

• Like 8

Cheers communacacian,

I havent pruned, like you, I feel i should let them grow.

The stems are finally fattening up, and they seem to be having an additional growth spurt before winter.

Then again, It could be this month of regular rain we have been having.

I will be sure to post updates, and observations.

• Like 1

Hey guys ,In the wild , like most acacias they grow very fast and tend to bend over with top heavy growing branches.  after the 2nd growth they slow down and pick themselves up again and the trunk thickens during this process.    good luck with borer as most acacias in the wild are shaped by them.

• Like 2

such a beautiful tree, they can look like weeping willows!

100% correcto my broda. They are stunning!

You're doing a damn fine job for the Australian community mate.

I hope those rumors of you potentially winding up in the not so distant future, are just that, rumors.

When I search Google images for 'Acacia Courtii' both Yours and Horus' pictures are at the top of the list lol.

Its really only our small community that are trying to conserve these plants guys - doesn't seem like there is much interest/awareness outside of this circle  :(

• Like 1

Hey mate, got any still avail?

• Like 1

I was going to ask the same thing!

I was also after a few more myself commy? I PM'd a few days ago around the time the messaging system was buggy.

The other courtii I have here are doing brilliantly. Specimens planted on flat ground are a bit slower than ones planted on 45 degree angle (may be sun exposure though).. But they are doing very well.
I treat holes with native potting mix & osmocote native fertilizer pellets then seasol & water for the first month... then commence with weekly powerfeed+seasol tonic with watering in between when necessary...
They are going APESHIT. Very quick & hardy beautiful little weeping acacia.

• Like 1

I shall take two please! Pm

sent :)

• Like 1

YEs i have some left, this years Acacia Courtii stock is almost out so if you've been thinking about it, nows the time :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the beautiful package last week commy.

These are amoungst my favourite plants to grow mate. Fast growing and fucking beautiful. They glow in the right light.
Palpable magic. The burning bush mate, our holey plant!

STRAYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.ee111cb2849a9ad2e0038610aee90363.jpgWP_20170521_14_20_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.b846cea97ed9e0dd56c8bb14bcc89188.jpg

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.ee111cb2849a9ad2e0038610aee90363.jpg

WP_20170521_14_20_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.b846cea97ed9e0dd56c8bb14bcc89188.jpg

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.ee111cb2849a9ad2e0038610aee90363.jpg

WP_20170521_14_20_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.b846cea97ed9e0dd56c8bb14bcc89188.jpg

This ebay link is interesting:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acacia-Courtii-The-Three-Brothers-Seed-Pack-/112512583911?hash=item1a3245c8e7:g:VUEAAOSwnsZZhwv9

Courtii apparently comes in three different phenotypes depending on which of the three mountains it comes from.  Out of the 10 odd I have growing, some are thin and red, others are wider and less red.

Where do you get your seed commy, what are the tubestock, are they one kind of courtii (south, middle or north) or are they from any of the three mountains?
Which one of the three is most desirable, or does no one have any idea yet - still early days?

38 minutes ago, Skellum said:

This ebay link is interesting:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acacia-Courtii-The-Three-Brothers-Seed-Pack-/112512583911?hash=item1a3245c8e7:g:VUEAAOSwnsZZhwv9

Courtii apparently comes in three different phenotypes depending on which of the three mountains it comes from.  Out of the 10 odd I have growing, some are thin and red, others are wider and less red.

Where do you get your seed commy, what are the tubestock, are they one kind of courtii (south, middle or north) or are they from any of the three mountains?

Which one of the three is most desirable, or does no one have any idea yet - still early days?

This is ''commy''

• Like 1

Obviously... But maybe making it public is something he would rather not do?

Too late now thanks to you.  Duffer.

Edited by Skellum

37 minutes ago, Skellum said:

Obviously... But maybe making it public is something he would rather not do?

Too late now thanks to you.  Duffer.

Who cares, Didn't you quote in another topic about a ebay seller being a good trade member on here ? I could be wrong  :blush:

Edited by smithy

16 minutes ago, smithy said:

Who cares

Potentially the person who you just outed publicly?

17 minutes ago, smithy said:

Didn't you quote in another topic about a ebay seller being a good trade member on here ? I could be wrong  :blush:

Who, planthelper from ebay?  Whats his SAB name again?  :P

Edited by Skellum
spam

13 minutes ago, Skellum said:

Potentially the person who you just outed publicly?

Who, planthelper from ebay?  Whats his SAB name again?  :P

You have no idea .   PH from sab ain't PH on ebay.    

Edited by smithy