The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spooge

free fleeces, does anyone spin or knit

I've 2 fleeces to give away

one is an alpaca fleece, the other an angora goat fleece.

i will go you halves in the post if you send me back a scarf or a beanie or will pay all the postage if you send me back a scarf and a beanie.

both these animals were not shawn last year so the fleeces are 2 years old, are 'organic' and plush

i would remove dags and the yukky bits before sending.

Australia only, if your in a far off place from me within Australia and the postage is gonna be more than $60 we will need to negotiate a bit.

if your in SA, near the city or hills area i can meet you or i can deliver.

theres 7 suffolk (sheep) fleeces as well, i am gonna use these for mulch around trees probs, though if someone wanted them i'd trade them for a suffolk jumper

i reckon it'd be cool to go shrooming in winter in a suffolk jumper, alpaca scarf and angora beenie.

not really expecting any takers as spinning and knitting are not really that popular or common now, i know theres people that do it etc......

i thought id put it out there anyways as they will just be mulch around trees otherwise.

baaaaaa

Edited by olive
  • Like 4

You could try offering it to the Australian Handspinners and Knitters Group on faceless book?

am not on the faceless book Shortly, keeping up with here and the other place i sometimes visit is heaps enough.

the alpaca looks very funny with no wool on it, if i can get a pic i will put it here.

post-13829-0-32850500-1449383110_thumb.j

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Edited by olive
  • Like 2

i am interested on behalf of my mother. she loves working with wool.

but we are talking tas, so cost may be an issue. need to chat with her about it.