The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-RC-

Mugwort

Hi all,

Just wondering about mugwort, it's uses, and the effects it has on consciousness and the human body.

Anyone out there have any experience with it? If so in what context and for what purpose?

Also what type of mugwort, as I understand there are different kinds? :huh:

Cheers.

Common Mugwort (vulgaris) is one of my all time favourite herbs.

I have a chronic fucked back and I use copious amounts of it in tea, smoked and for a soaking in a bath to ease muscle spasms. I'd be dead without this stuff.

They say it's good for womens problems but I can't vouch for that.

It's good for moxibustion and can be used as tincture as well.

You'll find many references in alchemical works and writings about witchcraft.

When I was into it, it added a bang to the chang like nothing else ever did. It took it to a whole new level.

• Like 4

^^ EXACTLY the kind of answer I was after :o:) :)

Thanks Sally!

• Like 1

Yeah, good stuff. There used to be a heap growing wild around the uni - should try to nab a few plantlets. I'm a big fan of Artemisia in general.

Nee How! From this DonKei Wang Ghost Doctor with Clan Pat Uri:- permit me, if it pleases you, to recall my knowledge of "Ai Ye".

It is not an idle boast that "Ai Ye" - Chinese Mugwort - has great stature in Asian Medicine, one of the Exquisite Princes of Essential Herbs.

There are many species of Artemisia that can be described as "Ai Ye" but best are those that grow close to patient, that it has thrived in same domain as the source disease to be its cure and conqueror. "Ai Ye" is the horse backed Warrior Prince that 'burns" the cure into the disease. Acupuncture with needle controls Yin-Qi and Yang-Qi is controlled by "Ai Ye" as moxibustion - both techniques work in perfect compliment. Bitter, dry and aromatic mugwort "Ai Ye" directly rides on meridians of Liver, Kidneys and Spleen calling blood up as the army. Works in combination with other herb allies - e.g. With WarLord ginger "Gan Jiang" they master the Triple Heater sending Qi down to Spleen with their army of blood...

Forgive - Phaemon's Dog tells me not to go on. He tell me Gentle Readers do not want a lecture in Asian Medical Tao Theory, that would be too weird.

In Brisbane I have gathered wild occurring Artemisia verlotiorum during May last year as best "Ai Ye" moxa from the parkland around the CSIRO properties in Sherwood. I have several other species growing in our limited garden but these can never be as powerful as what Heaven will provide locally. Then I have what moxa I buy for general treatment.​

Still weird - P'sDog insists I keep it simpler although I could write much longer on "Ai Ye".

OK - mugwort can be smoked as a substitute for low grade cannabis that actually works - is that better, P'sDog? - where you still want to pass testing.

Traditionally it is used orally for fever especially those mosquito borne - well known effective on malaria, but Dengue and Ross River too. If you use it regularly it will increase your energy levels and suppress taxing parasites and malignant, damaged cells.

Keep a dream diary as it has unique dream enhancing properties - curiously characteristic these dreams are prophetic and seem to foretell the future. Keeping a diary will give you the empirical evidence you will need to personally prove this for yourself. You won't dream next week's lotto numbers, but significant things that are more than coincidence to you later.

That OK, P'sDog? If you request Gentle reader, I could go on...but you must grow much mugwort - of all kinds - for "where its spirit is strong it will grow" and be good medicine for you and yours.

Blessings. Doctor DonQui Wang.

• Like 3

Funny, I thought the mugwort growing around my area was Artemisia verlotiorum - certainly a different beast to the mugwort I purchased - packed more of a punch, though I could feel in in my stomach if I overdid it.

• Like 1

Yes Yeti101 - there are many "mugworts" and each can have different affect that depend on where and how it was grown and harvested and aged - its power to command Yang-Qi. The principle is Ai Ye and if it is too strong it will overburden the stomach and upset balance for the Princes must have their entourage so as not to be too bold and demanding. Lord Gan Cao (liquorice) would have most suited to moderate the burden you describe - too much Yin!

One agent to one cause is very western - in Tao there must be balance between them all - the greater the repressive force the greater the resistance. How often does the western doctor prescribe one drug to have to consequentially prescribe others to counteract its side effects?

Traditionally we think of one Lord, one herald, one army, one restorer and one preventative - no herb is used as a "one off".

May you abound in health and thank you for your kind regards to our Clan.

Blessings! XiongKi Wang.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 4

That OK, P'sDog? If you request Gentle reader, I could go on...but you must grow much mugwort - of all kinds - for "where its spirit is strong it will grow" and be good medicine for you and yours.

Blessings. Doctor DonQui Wang.

You response is so far up my alley it's ridiculous. Please go on good sir. :)

• Like 1