The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
m1ch43l8

Hi all from NSW

Hi guys

I've been a long time Lurker of SA and finally decided to join up.

I'm from a small little country town in NSW you probably never heard of called Sydney ;)

Been fascinated by mycology ever since watching pauls TED talk (if you havent seen it you must or even better watch the 1.5 hour uplift talk) and been reaserching about growing mushrooms for awhile now and I'm more than ready to jump in to it, minus the fact I'm going to try steam sterilization first before forking out on a 23 quart. I figured best to spend as minimal cash as possible the first few runs at it to really make sure it's for me that way if it's not I'm out of pocket $80 or so instead of $250.

It's a great place you guys have here lots of knowledge and it's better to learn off fellow Aussies who live in our climate, get by without a Walmart and pay extortional prices for goods. I hope to learn even more and contribute where I can.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums mate :)

Welcome....Steam sterilization works fine for BRF cakes...only need a PC for grains and bags imo

Welcome m1ch, steam sterilisation is fine to start with, check out gumtree for cheap old school PC'ers, spares can easily be found online. Don't get bogged down by contamination on the first few runs, learn to embrace it via spontaneous outdoor grows :lol:

Check out charity shops for cheap glasses/containers, if your going to be doing a lot of edible growing I'd advise getting a commercial bag of Vermiculite, don't bother with those poxy bags in Bunnings. Have fun B)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Amazon is the best place for pressure cookers. If you want a cheap one then get a Presto. If you want quality that'll last then buy an All American.

Welcome mate. Used to live on the Central Coast a while ago actually...

Enjoy the wealth that the forum has to offer :)