The Corroboree
DeadStar

Wicca info needed (books and herbs)

My wife has recently got alot more serious about the witchcraft religion.

Im dumb when it comes to this but she has voiced the desire to read up and start a little witchie herb garden.

Could any sabers help me with some titles i could borrow frow the library for her and a list of herbs and plants that would fit the setting.

I know nil so any help would be appreciated :-)

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 1

send her to www.witchbook.com

its a forum

will be much more useful to her than what i can currently extract from my head.

• Like 1

Thanks for that bogfrog.

Whats the crowd like over there?

It would be her first dip into forums and i wouldn't want to taint her opinion.

Edited by DeadStar

Julia Phillips' the Witches of Oz is a nice little book that goes into the Sabbats according to the Southern Hemisphere. A good book on the history of Wicca like Drawing down the Moon by Margot Adler would be worthwhile. Books by some of the early proponents of Wicca like Gerald Gardner, Doreen Valiant, Stewart and Janet Farrar, Alex Sanders would also be a good starting place for someone seriously interested.

bogfrog, that site doesn't work.

appreciated simhanada

that will give her some extra reading, which she wont mind at all. I will see if i can order them from the library for her.

I could find that site bogfrog

There was a wb.net but it was coming soon

(wb.net is for sale ...hmmmmm)

Clary sage for sure :wink:

(wb.net is for sale ...hmmmmm)

Clary sage for sure :wink:

Sorry to get you excited wb. It was witchbook.Net not wb.net

I will pass on the clary sage. Im curious myself now

• Like 1

P'sDog here - got a copy of Lesser Key of Solomon hardback original pub. you can have for the postage - don't make any sense to me, anymore than why I got it in first place.

Got a "black-hilted-knife" - really whacked! - made out of an old bloodstained M16 bayonet from Vietnam that's been carved over by 70's weirdoes - they engrave candles with it or some sh*t. Pack of Crowley's tarot cards and can even dig up an old copper hand sickle... Don't ask me why this dog would be left custodian of such properties - bloody pleased to pass them on to someone who wants them! Something to do with Secret Woman's Business that got gleaned from CQ opportunity shops to get out of public sight. Got copped with Masonic Lodge paraphernalia too - this is hardly appropriate!

Why me? - don't know. Happy to get rid of them, really - do me a favour.

Like I said - you can have them for the postage - other than that they can stay there!

Regards, PhaemonsDog.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 2

You won't find them at a library but anything by Starhawk is great reading...

"The Spiral Dance" has lists of correspondences which include traditional pagan plants..

"The earth path" is another really good one which blends paganism and earth/nature beautifully :)

I would photocopy and send some bits but im not sure if that would be legal?

Definitely good books though (it is a more dianic stream of wicca - so more goddess and feminine divine focused but she may like that):)

• Like 1

Pat uri - sounds like youve got quite some oddities!

Ps. I've been lurking around for a little while and if i may say - i do love the way you converse and structure your posts - they read like an old whimsical story :) very nice :)

• Like 1

You won't find them at a library but anything by Starhawk is great reading...

"The Spiral Dance" has lists of correspondences which include traditional pagan plants..

Spiral Dance is still in print so it may very well be in a library :)

P'sDog here - got a copy of Lesser Key of Solomon hardback original pub. you can have for the postage - don't make any sense to me, anymore than why I got it in first place.

Got a "black-hilted-knife" - really whacked! - made out of an old bloodstained M16 bayonet from Vietnam that's been carved over by 70's weirdoes - they engrave candles with it or some sh*t. Pack of Crowley's tarot cards and can even dig up an old copper hand sickle... Don't ask me why this dog would be left custodian of such properties - bloody pleased to pass them on to someone who wants them! Something to do with Secret Woman's Business that got gleaned from CQ opportunity shops to get out of public sight. Got copped with Masonic Lodge paraphernalia too - this is hardly appropriate!

Why me? - don't know. Happy to get rid of them, really - do me a favour.

Like I said - you can have them for the postage - other than that they can stay there!

Regards, PhaemonsDog.

haha, that'd be throwing her in the deep end with the Lesser Key. Even though that a bunch of other Golden Dawn/Crowleyesque related stuff played a role in the formation of wicca, I don't think most people think of raising Goetic demons when they think of wicca. I'd be happy to take it off your hands though! :)

Crowley's deck is beautiful.

• Like 1

No worries - bung us an address and I can send it "Collection of Cash on Delivery fee and postage costs and payment for the item by receiver" without the payment for item bit, just postage. Or any other delivery option you prefer - e.g. flying broomstick.

Just have to double check the "black-hilted-knife" and copper sickle ain't classed as "dangerous goods" and need special packaging, like holy water or something.

Cheers, PhaemonsDog.

PS - www.sacred-texts.com

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 2

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wicca-beginner.html

witchbook was a baddass call (my first ever soc netwrk) but seems to be offline at witchbook.net...

theyve been hacked too before ... resulting in christian scripture hack pages being the only visible pages

here's their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Witchbook/

the folk rawk rather profusely and always did.

also here's a good site

http://www.witchvox.com/

and some more of interest to get ya started :)

http://witcheslore.com/bookofshadows/rituals-spell-casting/spell-casting-for-witches/2894/

https://druidnetwork.org/resources/book-and-cd-reviews/new-to-druidry/

http://www.thewhitegoddess.co.uk/

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/

https://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/mgmh.html

http://nyx.meccahosting.com/~a00001f1/cuezali/wicca.html

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/texts.html

http://www.witchipedia.com/main:correspondence-tables

https://wicca.com/celtic/herbal/magickal0.htm

plus... your own personal path , is 'the only way' (hence many unsuspecting folk of different paths contradicting eachother).

so don't let folk tell you their way is better than yours...

-beware of 'wiccan together' if it's even still running ,

seriously a bunch of immature bastages mainly ruled over in georgia usa and very clicky and an absolute guaranteed dissapointment if they're anything like they were when I gave them a chance..

their admin were super ridiculous too and thrived off their victims suffering energy ..

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

tunes to study to?

http://wiccaradio.weebly.com/

oh yeah, not all Witches are Wiccan either ;)

i dont really see it as a religion , more of a path,,

but the term is used loosely in attempt to describe it I occasionally notice..

= e.g. there are lots of christians and a few jews i know who are witches ..

and i assume there are witches in all walks of religions and life

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

Thanks guy and girls, alot to go through.

I have been out today but i will sift through everyones post and get to some replys soon.

Such a cool comunity we have here :-)

• Like 1

PD - You have a way with words that i envy.

My better half would be honored to take possession of the gifts you mention and said that she feel like she would be short changing you just paying for postage.

She also told me that the black hilted knife would be a powerful tool for her because of her fathers connection with Vietnam.

Simhanada is welcome to any items as you have been more than generous PD

Miss-Meander88 - Thank you for the list of authors and titles.

No need to break any laws and photocopy anything. I have written them all down for you never know what you will find in the op shop book section or other travels.

Thunderhorse - You rock as always

Big ups sabers

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 2

PD - You have a way with words that i envy.

My better half would be honored to take possession of the gift you mentioned and said that she feel like she wiuld be short changing you just paying for postage.

She also told me that the black hilted knife would be a powerful tool for her because of her fathers connection with Vietnam.

Simhanada is welcome to any items as you have been more than generous PD

Miss-Meander88 - Thank you for the list of authors and titles.

No need to break any laws and photocopy anything. I have written them all down for and never know what you will find in the op shop book section or other travels.

Thunderhorse - You rock as always

Big ups sabers

If I come across anything in my op shop travels I'll let you know. Are you going to the December ega plant meet?

If I come across anything in my op shop travels I'll let you know. Are you going to the December ega plant meet?

Thats so nice of you simhanada.

I would love to say i can go to the ega plant meet but until my back op, im playing it day by day. With my pain levels, a back surgery date awaiting on a WSafe insurance companys green light and the 6 weeks rehab that will follow :-(

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 1

Gidday Folk = the Phaemon'sDog here = realised I would be doubling up info messaging to individuals so might as well just post a general to all;-

Yeah, here in forum we seem to have a grand tradition of "Paying Forward" presents. A forum member will pass stuff onto me and refuse any payment - insulted if I attempt to. In my turn I will pass stuff onto other members covering costs to honour my patron. And so the chain continues us being generous to the next person in line to thank our benefactor before us - pretty unique and bloody beautiful these days, I think. Hey - presently I'm in debt to Rahli Praise Rahli.

In the case of magick there are very severe restrictions on what you should buy or can exchange for money. For example "tarot cards" must be stolen to energise correctly in the tradition of Thoth, Hermes, Mercury, as you will, who "stole the Knowledge of the Gods for Man". You can buy them yourself, but you can't use them, the cards must be "stolen" off you by the intended user. In this way "tarot cards" are never "owned", but "borrowed" and the more times "stolen" the more times empowered.

It was funny in the 70's when bookshops realised "tarot cards" were not worth keeping in stock as no-one was going to "buy" them...Magick, like Shamanism, is an amoral religion - the general rules of morality don't apply as they transcend the boundaries of ordinary rules and Reality to a moral structure conformity of their own.

Did not God Father Most High "steal" a rib from Adam First Man to create Eve First Woman in Genesis? Yet "stealing" is wrong, but the Divine Act made Woman the greatest possible Divine gift to Man - at that time Perfect, but perfectly lonely? What man can question the morality of the Divine now?

Some magick items are "inherited" and the more times passed on in the coven the greater empowered. Things like the "white-hilted-knife" are greatest empowered by the witch making it themselves from "scratch" using virgin materials they have personally found, cultivated or produced themselves - I've known them to personally dig the ore mineral to refine the metal.

Sometimes the money itself is the object. Giving a "beggar" five $2 gold coins with two silver 50 cent coins, of a particular mint date year, is the beginning of a powerful and most binding spell.

Black brujera must appropriate or scavenge their items - the more rejected and hateful to the original owner who discarded them, the more potent - especially when passed through hands.

Enough - being a Queenslander I'm always a bit suss on these Victorians - Google research says they send kids down coal mines, up chimneys, exploit the working class, ride to the capitalist board meetings in top hats on penny-farthings and use heaps of op and coke...So I use Auspost's Delivery Option 2 "Delivery on Payment by Receiver" which means you package it up and take it to your local holy Queensland Post Office to send to their nominated "Mexican" local Post Office - all you need is what is this local Victorian post office address. Thankfully you don't actually need their name or address because your Queensland Post Office will give you a tracking number - you just pm them with the numerological tracking number to trace delivery and they pay the postage when they pick it up at the receiving, not Queensland, Post Office.

Works out $15 bucks for the service and then the postage - but they can 'pay it on forward' to the next forum person. Only Auspost get the "filthy money" and all the karma too - ha! ha!

Mind you if any Victorians wanna send me in Queensland a few fresh peyote seeds surface mail I can send off packages completely postage paid.....hint...hint...

Just digging up the items from Pat Uri's left luggage and besides the aforementioned I've been left with a load of Doreen Virtue "fluffy bunny" books, guides and cards too. Sozz - got to say if she was such a good psychic why was she divorced three times? Then there's some other stuff from Africa, Oceania, America and Australia that don't look so easy to describe...Plenty of stones, minerals and crystals that are easy to describe.

OK - my heart is satisfied that is the general - hope who-this-may-concerns have read and I will pass on details to individ's. Any Brisbane bods want in? Just that bit easier -K. Cheers - Phaemon's Dog.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 6

I have a loph starting to flower right now, if I can find someone in melb to help me cross pollinate then I'll happily send some up your way :)

• Like 1

I have a loph starting to flower right now, if I can find someone in melb to help me cross pollinate then I'll happily send some up your way :)

I have a lophophora diffusa v. koehresii or fricii? that is starting to flower. Diffusa might not be desirable to some though?

Im not sure what is involved in pimping out my plants productive parts but im willing to give it a try

post-9477-0-99815800-1446984411_thumb.jp

post-9477-0-99815800-1446984411_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-99815800-1446984411_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 1

PD, im going to need a few minutes to sit down and digest your post. Reading your words have left me feeling post coital ;-)

mine is lop will. As far as I know they don't cross-pollinate with the diffusa