The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
at0m

GardInspiration

I read the title as gardenstipation....

Glass bottles are said to be great thermal storage, I wonder if it could benefit fruit yield moreso than rocks or other structures.

A couple more :D

ZouWniE.jpg

NIXnr3r.jpg

xMQZMEb.jpg

The things people do with pallets always astounds me.

Also despite the trend this isn't just things to put plants in. Anything that goes in or around your garden! I'd also love to see any attempts you guys make at any of these if you do.

• Like 7

Great idea for a thread! and some pretty solid ones there. loved that wire and guttter one :)

made my own propogation bench out of some packing wood from around PVC pipe and an old 2x36w flouro troffer i scored years ago from work. does pretty well :)

33vlw78.jpg

Edited by brooa
  • Like 3

I dig it, Brooa! Simple, a nice "rustic" look to it and recycling! Some of my favourite things. I'm going to go searching around for some more pallet ideas. I don't know if they're as commonly used/found here in AU as they are in the states where it seems to be a big thing but I'll be damned if I don't love the idea!

Pallets!

UeTIa39.jpg

0fvaQng.jpg

hF9yVu4.jpg

t5tcXWc.jpg

And as a bonus: Light up your garden edging with some LED strips!

6Q46Dkh.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for posting

now i know what to do with all these old fence palings ive got laying around :)

• Like 1

some cool ideas for sure.. Ive been doing some pondering about DIY garden ideas of late, spruce up my mums yard a little with cheap recycled building.. some great ideas out there! Going to be putting up a heap of earth bag retaining walls in the near future, then eventually build a little hobbit house hopefully.. got an old crate in the shed I'm trying to decide what to do with.. cheers for the inspiration!

• Like 1

Shoe racks :) This does work - they dry out very quickly though

FVZ4VCTFW5GYH2M.LARGE.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah that's been my first thought about alot of these - where is the drainage, & how long would it take to water them? That bottle wall especially, you'd be there all day! Looks great though. I guess if you could sort out an irrigation system it'd be ok. Love the bamboo, that stuff just has endless uses - I think I'll be using a bunch for the piping & irrigation in a future project, just because I have heaps & can't afford pvc. And I like materials that you can just throw on the compost (or the bonfire!) when you're done with them.

• Like 2

in terms of watering you would need a dripper system for sure. it is supposed to be the best way anyway

read this today, and thought hmmm thats interesting....

One man rig for being able to dip plants foliage when in big pots :wink: could be handy for someone.

belted-in-1.jpg?w=570&h=381

foam-in-place-1.jpg?w=570&h=379

inverted-1.jpg?w=570

lol...in this case its weed plants being miticide dipped.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/plant-turnover-and-dipping-fixture/

^ if anyone is further interested, note site above does have a lot of cannabis related articles if that makes you nervous :wink:

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 3

Home made greenhouse.

Found some square pots that fit perfectly 3x3 into a milk crate.

Put two on top of each other and side by side.

Found some shade cloth, cable tied it onto the top milk crate and tied the top two to each other with some cloth hanging down the bottom crates.

Easy propagation greenhouse, cost me $10 in cloth, took about an hour?

I built this after moving into a backyard with zero shade and I wanted to maximise my space usage.

Hope the pics are explanatory enough!

gallery_7022_920_29987.jpg

gallery_7022_920_212925.jpg

gallery_7022_920_799857.jpg

• Like 5

Bump because I did a pallet thing!

Do look forward to it being a bit more filled out but not bad for my first ever project. Had to replace quite a few planks on it with some from other pallets but totally worth it.

Found a good source for pallets too so when my thicknesser arrives, I should have some more pallet stuff to show off!

(PS: I'm (probably) back! Out in the country now on a couple acres, got lots to talk about)

XYiW7ZV.png

• Like 3

awesome work man! nothing like doing it yourself. so jelly on the thicknesser, they are a very handy tool :)

i've got 2 bath tubs there ready to plant for winter. got to sow some carrot/parsnip seed in one this weekend, some lemon grass (the one in there now died *cough*) and maby some radish or something for the other. fun times. Ive also got an aloe bathtub that is full lol

post-13961-0-50770200-1460469154_thumb.j

post-13961-0-50770200-1460469154_thumb.jpg

post-13961-0-50770200-1460469154_thumb.jpg

Edited by brooa
  • Like 2

lpe5Sp5.jpg

This was/is pallet wood put through the thicknesser. Defs my favourite toy right now

• Like 2

I made some staging, in the last month or so, off the side of my bar in the back yard. Its made from the pallets we get at work with material on. 

12804830_10207717163601449_9052385359261

• Like 5

Ps, is anyone in sydney wants some wood like i made that from. Just pm me, We get it pretty regular and we actually have to pay to take it to the tip at work.

LOL look at me offering up free wood again 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

Ps, is anyone in sydney wants some wood like i made that from. Just pm me, We get it pretty regular and we actually have to pay to take it to the tip at work.

LOL look at me offering up free wood again 

Truck it down to SA for me :P I'd love some of that. What's it from? 

its all imported from america, i think its some kind of pine. But i have seen it marked as white ceder and spruce, sometimes its marked on cases what its made from, i dont think it can be the same white ceder as we have here