The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MemeMachine

herbal Vaporizer

About 5 years ago I bought one from Amercia, it is essentially made of wood maybe cedar from memory. It has no brand name but I was very happy with it when I was using it.

I know I haven't helped all that much but I can say that using a vapourizer was great, you could get two hits from your herb one from the vapourizer and then another if you smoked it normally later on.

I use the Aromazap, and I really like it.

If you are a heavy smoker, or only have access to lower quality herb, Vaporbrothers is probably a better choice.

as far as i can see the REALLY good ones are REALLY expensive.

i think it might have been Theobromos who pointed out that "hot knives" is basically vaporising.

a damn sight cheaper & more satisfying than some.

http://www.freewheelin.com.au/catalogue/va...-vapourised.htm has a good collection, & this warning

"Warning: The majority of Vapourisers on the Australian market are low quality imports using unreliable elements & low quality materials. Like most things "you get what you pay for". As a totally independent business we could, of course, be selling those ones as well. We don't see the point in using a vapouriser to eliminate smoking health risks, but then exposing yourself to dangerous toxins from unsafe materials, all in the name of saving a few dollars. We also believe that the companies doing the right thing deserve our, & your, support. Not to mention that saving a few dollars & ending up with an unreliable, poorly constructed unit that doesn't work very well is false economy"

[ 14. April 2004, 08:59: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

Interesting mafucking timing!

Im sitting in the Nimbin Hemp bar right now and there is this awesome looking sleek red plastic digital eletronic vaporiser. It's got to be the coolest thing i've ever seen (with the exception of boobs). It has a fully digital temperature control with blue blacklight and you can control the temp with accuracy to like 1 degree celcius.

Here's a pic of one http://www.freewheelin.com.au/catalogue/va...mages/vapir.JPG

anyways, im gonna give it a go now and if im not back in 5 minutes then it worked fucken well

CS

Made one (not a digital jobby )out of a nice ice bucket pinched from the local,an old scope soldering iron,inverted glass jar on top with lid hot-glued to the top of the ice bucket and a tube fitted to the base through a hole. I was going to put a rheo-stat on the iron to adjust the heat,but never got around to it.Certainly worked OK!

(Does it still work Gom?)

EDIT:put a nail downwards through a large brass cone to fit in where the solder tip used to go.

[ 14. April 2004, 19:07: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Guest electro

a friend of a friend made one the same way ...

it worked great .,.. was tested on salvia when legal, and a few different legal Salts & freebases .. was very efficent (and gave a nice burn test for extract purity )

[ 30. March 2005, 13:26: Message edited by: electro ]

Yeah..but did you use a nice ice bucket? :D

It'd be interesting if you did,cause I totally improvised dude :cool:

Great minds make similar bongs..gnarly.

*sorry just watched Finding Nemo again*

[ 14. April 2004, 19:05: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Guest electro

lol no ice buckets ... built the base from wood, glued the lid of the upturned jar (thread up) onto the top of the wood structure... placed the soildering iron through the lid (drilled up through it and the wooden enclosure .. fastened the si to the enclosure. Modified a cone piece so that it extended down INTO the heating element of the SI & blocked the hole in the cone piece so that molten chemicals would not flow away :) ....

It wasnt portable, but it was good... especially when a water chamber was added (as 260c air is very erm, burnie ....) lol

i made a hell dodgy years ago by make a wooden base that sorounded the hotplat on the stove with a coke bottle with the bottom cut off connected to the wooden base.

The coke bottle had a shotty hole on it so that you could suck out the vapour. And i put the weed on the hot plate and turned it on.

I only used it once and it got me absolutley ripped.

unfortunally my ascii pic didn't turn out to well so i'll put a better pic up later if anyones interested.

Took a while to warm up though, and i would highly recommend *NOT* using a plastic bottle.

If you had access to a kiln you could make a pretty sweet one with clay.

[ 16. April 2004, 20:19: Message edited by: narayan ]

OK,I'll split the thread.

See "Cannabis causes bong-making behaviour" thread

Now this is a vaporizor :D

vaporisor.jpg

A tip for home-made vaporisor builders: The cheaper good brand soldering irons have interchangeable tips that come in different shapes and, more importantly, temperature ranges. Pick the tip to suit the herb!

ed

You could brew beer and smoke outta that!

ChemSha--would actually be very interested to hear how such a connaseur as yerself found the sleek red plastic digital eletronic vaporiser.

that's if you can still remember.

my elf has one

like the aromazap

highly recommended

super efficient

note though that cas these things

vaporize thc efficiently

and not the cannabaloids

(read "oids" make you high too)

the high is quite "heady"

and not as complex as smoking

that said its still very nice

and would rate about #1

for must-have shaman supplies

jalien.gif

visionary mp3s

thanks geezer. i just gave up tabacco & want to move to a "better" way than neat in a billy or on hot knives.

i guess a vapor thing is the way to go, but i'd like something that gives more ov a "hit"---in the same manner as a bong.

also

Aromazap takes about a half hour to heat up when first plugged in. would mean it'd never be my primary modus operandi

quote:

I have mine on a timer ,it switchs on @ 10 pm

:D LOL i should have though ov that

is it safe to leave things on 24/7? i hate all these 'standby' things---i like shit to be off.

i feel safer---reasonable? i don't know--habit i caught off my mum.

They should come pre-set to 4:20pm :D

nabraxas, use smaller pieces of dope when you are hot-knifing. If you are macho about the size you'll fuck your lungs, obviously.

Think about how little you smoke in each breath from a joint.

use smaller pieces of dope when you are hot-knifing ---LOL :D

thanks for the advice theo, but it's not so much i have trouble smoking neat bongs or knives, just w/knives it's abit hard not to overheat them & combust the grass rather than vaporise it, & mainly i paid a large deposite on this flat & i've seen enough pin hole burn speckled carpets from hot knives :)

oh, & Mesc--is that 4:20 stuff here too? i thought it was just an americana thang

[ 25. April 2004, 06:04: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

Put your herb inside a piece of aluminium foil (don't believe the scare stories) and it won't scatter around, and the edges won't burn while the rest is heating.

What can I say about overheating the knives? Let them go just red then let them cool a little as you fumble for the bottle.

theo--as i said, you seem to have a thing for the old hot knives :)

but c'mon--do you really use it as your main smoking method?

it just seems so impracticle--unless you're outdoors or living in a squat

the temp. thing still bothers me--you don't want them to burn it(defeats the purpose)but, w/grass,--as opposed to hash--you need to keep the right heat there long enough to vaporise all the THC in your hit.

seems abit ov a juggle to a fumbler like me.

If you use thick knives, I use a pair of thick fish knives of good quality stainless steel, they retain sufficient heat to boil the herbal volatiles. I apply them just after the red glow has departed.

I don't carry hotknife tools with me any more as I try not to smoke during the day now. However, for many years my friend and I were a familiar sight in the Crescents with our plastic bag of hotknife paraphernalia on our visits to render people unconscious.

You will need:

One plastic shopping bag or other carrying case

Aluminium foil

One butane torch for dwarf solderers

A pair of fish knives

A 500ml bottle with two holes

A supply of volatiles

A good armchair or two