The Corroboree
incognito

Duboisa myoporoides industry?

Greetings, I have discovered basically an unlimited amount of this plant. Is getting a license to export a tedious task to undertake ? I've contacted a couple of aussie co-ops yet to receive a reply. I believe it's quite in demand in manufacturing pharamaceuticals overseas, however it's a schedule 4 plant here. How does one navigate the red tape to access the dried herb market? Export or here in Australia ? Seems like a protected murky water, and I certainly don't wanna break any laws. I'll post some pics shortly.

• Like 1

GERMANS OWN it all , they run the largest duboisa farms in oz and manufacture buscopan . and in my experince the drug doesnt fucken work. the elders should control burn them to the ground.. lol

• Like 1

I just lookin for a way in. Most dominant understory plant in area I've found, some as big as small trees!

Pharma spent a lot of money improving the genetics for their end products and production cycles.

I think its all plantation grown.

^ why? changes in chemical makeup with age of plant and different chemovars

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 2

Yeah cool im in discussions with a guy from alkaloids (one of the coops) so fingers crossed eh?

Woot! I have a guy from alkaloids australia coming next Wednesday to have a look and take some samples, fingers crossed!!

• Like 2

Don't sign anything or agree to any stuff til you've spoken with yr solicitor. You prolly know that already, but don't get caught in the heat of the moment :)

And keep an eye out for their competitors, the first offer mightn't be the best one

And ping me if you need any cultivars cloned ;)

Take care mate and best of luck with it

Edited by Darklight

Cheers DL. I don't even have a solicitor lol my old man will have to do! I've learned ALOT today via email and phone, the info sure is protected and pretty much non existent on the webs. Anyhoo, if alks are over 1% they are very much interested. Myoporoides hasn't been used in 20yrs, it's a hybrid with leichardtii that is used commercially at around 3% alks. Alks peak summer time, minimal during winter. They want me to take 200gm samples aat the start and end of every month up until March to see the variation. They are blown away by the size and density of my dunoisas, and have said they may be interested in me cultivating their cultivar. Will know more once analysis has been done and if I have a commercially viable plant material, they seem to be pretty keen, hence the i house visit on Wednesday will have to break out my finest China !

I'm so fricken excited the universe has to cut me a break at some stage !!

• Like 9

post-781-0-12357300-1442921591_thumb.jpgpost-781-0-12357300-1442921591_thumb.jpg

post-781-0-21708200-1442921642_thumb.jpg post-781-0-23574500-1442921785_thumb.jpg

post-781-0-46965300-1442921803_thumb.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alas if my alks don't come up at 1% it equates for naught unless I grow their shiZ. I'll have my dad with me so they don't blow me out of the water (he's an old school negotiator\hard cunt) but anyways here's hoping :)

• Like 4

Are you sure that's D. myoporoides and not Myoporum montanum?

• Like 1

Shite!!!!! Maybe ur right gerbil! Won't I look like a dickhead!

Mate the more I look at montanum, the more I think you are right!! I'll forward the info. Damn it :.(

You are 1000% right gerbil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duboisia_myoporoides#

Rainforest fringes... WTF was I thinking..

So over myself right now. Fucken stoopid brains :( thanks gerbil.

Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhgggggghhh!

Oh well back to wage slavery :.( :.( :.(

I'll email the pics of montanum to them explaining my error so they can compare themselves. Definately not duboisa, thanks to saving me the embarresment. But hey, they identified it as myoporoides from my photos as well... It isn't fairrr bwaaaaaaaaaa :( fuck that's how to start ur Wednesday in a filthy filthy mood

• Like 1

It happens mate, it happens. Which doesn't make it suck any less :/

Have had similar happen here. Least you caught it before it got silly

Hope today improves for you

• Like 1

Don't get too caught up on distribution descriptions they are important but also quite generalised at the best of times and that also goes for taxonomic info and photos, it's best to use multiple sources and focus on unique features of the potential species in order to whittle things down.

It's still worth getting it ID'ed by someone else as I found it difficult to pick up diagnostic features in your photos and used a lot of guess work, they are quite similar plants. Don't let it get to you if it's not what you expected. Good luck with your endevours.

• Like 1

Thanks mate

Let us know how it goes incog?

Don't worry abt premature announcement, that's practically compulsory in so many industries these days ;) Spiv science announcements making extravagant claims to promote grant application/ company or establishment profile/ investor hype well before data is anything like conclusive or using a small sample size to make 'groundbreaking' announcements

At least you outlined the possible error before hitting up all SAB members for investment $

im sending a 200mg dried sample to analyse, I advised they don't come, as it is montanum, which they now agree isn't dubvoisa- they still keen to analyse the montanum, and anything else I find could be of interest alk wise that I can grow.

the two guys I spoke to where really cool and quite forthcoming.- awesome farming co always interested in making a buck :) good peeps to be on the friendly with.

info ive learned... myoporoides are at alk peak during summer

are worth $9 a kg dried commercially

every man and his dog is doing it and the arse will fall out of the market in 5 yrs or so.

myoporoides is around 1% at best scopolamine alk, and no longer used commercially, its the myoporoidesxleichardtii hybvrid that produces around 3%. apparently highest alks which is used commercially are produced Kingaroy qld area.

I gotta look into scopolamine containing plants that thrive on my land.

• Like 1