The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

Rehab is making me crazy (crazier....)

He'd be tasty I reckon.....been feeding him good :wink:

Wouldn't be all "doughey"

DSCN0700_zpsiqwchw5n.jpg

The chamo made it through in pots with absolute neglect....thats a good sign. I am thinking carrots....

DSCN0697_zpsud5bgmnc.jpg

More garlic in the middle, the leek project is about to get moved on. I've selected my parent stock, closer to the middle - except the bastard that has bolted to seed. I want a better leek :wink: . Knocked out some silverbeet seedlings, sowed some peas and snow peas.

DSCN0696_zpsmcydyftj.jpg

I reckon the minus degree nights are nearly done, propaggedon is coming....lol

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 7

Did u grow your gravillia from seed wb? I've down a heap this year after boiling water scarification, from what I've read they are tricky from seed?

Now I'm collecting all my bong head associates bong water to use on my grevillea and banksia seed. I'm trialling a soak in bongwater before planting, and watering in with bong water after sowing. Smoked water is all the go with these babies apparently, and apparently bong water is smoked water :) either way rad place U have there mate, how many acres ??

• Like 1

thats scorpion is cool, looks pretty big. I have only ever seen tiny ones on the mainland

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your beautiful place waterboy - views, trees, vegies, herbs, animals - all eye candy!!! Hope you are feeling better hon. :wub:

• Like 1

wtf is going on round here...lol

fck heaps to catch up on, spring is a busy time at the best of times.

I'm healing up well and survived propaggedon :wink: Hard on this old bastard at the best of times...lol.

get some pics up later

• Like 5

There's no holding you back wb. Go on my son!

• Like 1

spring busy,busy time mofos :wink: plus I am finally in hospital rehab.

DSCN0810_zpsepotqkhe.jpg

still smashing asparagus, pretty much over it now...lol

DSCN0802_zpsah0szmsr.jpg

new matey to share some wisdom...

DSCN0814_zpsfg5iytvk.jpg

sometimes zero fcks given is the way to go

DSCN0815_zpsepfgkzfw.jpg

• Like 7

now thats a cute lizard :)

that scar looks a bajillion times all better too. do you keloid?

whats the tree with the magnificent blueness? i keep seeing this blueness in bloom all over the show

• Like 1

No luckily I am not a keloid scar candidate. I am pretty chuffed with how the "cut here" lines have healed up.

The "blue flowering bush" is a Ceanothus sp. and can't remember the cultivar planted there Flora. They do put on a stunning display of colour.

hey waterboy, im liking all the photos, there should be more of this on sab!

hope you're well :)

• Like 1

much better thank you dave.

what do you do with dogshit? (lol...be a good thread)....I just keep making soil pockets with euc bark and twigs and dogshit.

DSCN0826_zps8nfzq8mo.jpg

A shiny metallic blue beetle orgy...lol..I dont see those everyday :wink:

DSCN0821_zpsorjvt9ef.jpg

DSCN0829_zpshjfs0awy.jpg

• Like 9

^that plant is spectacular in everyway

• Like 2

I am loving these photos man. It really looks like the kinda set up I want in years to come when (if) I can afford my own place. Hope you are mending and not feeling so stir crazy these days.

Cheers

• Like 1

T minus 4 weeks I am "fully rehabilitated" (lol...that sounds funny in my head :wink: ).

I manged a bit of a jog today , lol...tried throwing a punch....yeah only one, yep can still only do girly throws :)

I can lift a fair bit of weight now though, so garden therapy has been more intense.

I think I may have actually got rid of smoking the deathsticks.....still "fckd" in the head though about the whole ordeal...lol

4 weeks eh....I'll be back to me old ways...lol...put some piccies up tomorrow.

• Like 2

Gawd I'm in "real" rehab at the mo and I'd trade it for yours any day! The garden I mean obviously heh and great to hear you're chugging along :D

Edited by FancyPants
  • Like 1

Hops on its way up, thought I'd use it to shade a small shed a bit....lol...was feeling pretty shit when I put the rhizomes down.

(many thanks Mushfun :wink: )

DSCN0841_zpsstu33bix.jpg

snuck a bit of silverbeet, stray garlic and parsley in as well. This should all grow well together.....

DSCN0840_zpsuzy10tan.jpg

• Like 5

found some fun thing to do with dog poo the other night ...

got anything like this on your half?

http://www.wormery.co.uk/product/ttwpp-pet-and-dog-poo-wormery

... and nice garden techniques WB!

• Like 1

I tried worms for the dog crap, but couldnt keep it working during the cooler months alas.

To much protein in it as well I think. Could go to compost, but I dont want it in me humus...lol

also been thinking maybe feed it onto bamboo....but not a species that can make good edible shoots.

the Redbud is flowering up - Ozothamnus rosmarinifolius, makes a top notch cut-flower.

DSCN0833_zpstkbam9i0.jpg

First season in-ground for Apios americana, growing on the other side of the "hops" shed.

Survived waterlogged and frozen soil.......with no root containment I reckon this will boom (many thanks Franky :wink: )

DSCN0845_zpszategud3.jpg

• Like 3