The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

at0m

Auspost...

I'm 99% sure this is my local Auspost delivery driver.

WjSx3rJqsa448.gif

I've been away from home for awhile and had completely forgotten how frequently they don't even attempt to deliver. There isn't even a card in my letter box or on my door yet. It's a pre-attempt delivery attempt failure. IT WAS EXPRESS TOO.

I wonder if the same would happen if I got everything mailed to me to look like business mail. "Atomic Consulting Co. Pty Ltd"

I don't want to walk to the post office :(

Edit: It's an ecig. Trying to stop smoking. This isn't helping.

This often happens to me too. The last time I complained because they were going to return to sender the parcel was sitting there for so long without bothering to tell me and they told me "too bad not our problem" Then they put a sticker over the return address so it ended up in the dead letter office. Ugh. *facepalm*

You need to familiarise yourself with auspost procedures.

Meet the people, ask to speak to the manager, this way all your items will always be waiting for you like they should.

I know the people in my post office very well, we agree we both have a commitment to make the service work, me by supplying the right info and the post officials fulfilling their designated roles the best they can.

In my 3 years of trading on this site I have had just one letter disappear.

Out of the thousands of items I send every year I rekon that's fucking good odds.

In my local area- if a postie doesn't finish his rounds by the end of business he will simply repost and put the letters back into the post box. (How do I know? Short stint there myself).

Like olive said, confront them, preferably the postman himself, and let him know you receive many parcels but since he's started the rounds they don't make it to you. Get his name before you even meet him from the post office girls, that'll throw him off...

Also the derros will collect mail from unit blocks etc and dump the bills in the bin of the bushes right next to em. Maybe this is happening to you?

It is trippy, I sent two parcels to my daughter in qld on the same day at the same time, and only one arrived. Only time I've ever had an issue.

Ime ecigs are shite! For giving up smoking.

I'm having better success with snus.

Ime ecigs are shite! For giving up smoking.

I'm having better success with snus.

The hipster in you must enjoy explaining to people why you have a tea bag under you lip :-)

I had great success using ecigs. I no longer smoke ciggies or ecigs

Aw, so much hate towards Auspost in this thread I feel the need to say something more positive, so here goes:

Thanks postie guys & gals for bringing me all kinds of fun non-bill items, some of them aren't even addressed to me, but they're usually fun too.

And thanks for leaving all my "safe drop ok" packages at the safest possible location - back at the post office! Considerate & logical, that is. You hardly ever leave them on the neighbours lawn or toss them over the back fence any more... the service is definitely improving. Nice work Auspost!

What kind of areas are the people having issues living in?

When I lived in a suburb 3km from the Brisbane CBD I always had mail delivered promptly and never had anything go missing.

Now I living 15km from the CBD it kind of feels like the culture of the local Aus Post is different. They assume that customers expect less.

The post is getting worse. I used to be a fanboi when I was doing a lot of business with them up until a few years ago. Then things started to change. They started breaking contracts mid term to change rates and conditions and they didn't move fast enough to deal with competition from small parcel delivery companies like "couriers please". These small guys are stealing little pieces of their monopoly and it's hurting them in a big way. Now they are bleeding money from their letter delivery core business as well.

What does any big business do in this situation? Try to cut their opex budget. What is the logical result for us customers? Shit service. They are squeezing sub contractors who get paid a pittance to the point where they just can't do a decent job.

Letters are taking longer and longer to arrive.

lived inland QLD, had packages wet and soggy, crushed or just not arrive, had packages arrive from japan faster then VIC posted on the same day. had no such problems since i moved closer to the city. mate of mine lost $1500 in computer gear through the post just gone never to be found again.

Best to ALWAYS get a tracking number.

If it's a parcel sent in Aust you'll always have a tracking number, not sure how long this has keen the case, but it's true. A letter doesn't have tracking. But for $3.50 or something it can.

Best place to start is to walk straight into the post office, Collect a complaint form, and fill it in and do it time and time again. Then meet the postie at the letter box, tell him your stuffs going missing. Don't get down his throat, just let him know the service isn't as it once was and ask him if he knows of anything that could be going wrong with your post.

The postie will get the complaints from the post office and then he'll remember you waiting for him each day. Round here posties are fairly regular, this stopped my mail going missing, the postie will even get off his bike to bring small packages/padded envelopes to the door now if he sees my car home.

But yeh, watch for derros too, I still reckon they're the worst culprits. It only takes one jack ass kid to walk home and take each letter sticking out too and throw em in the bin. Cos you know, that's fkn mad fun for kids and stuff.

I second the whole courier please scenario too, it costs me less to freight plants to the whole sale market than it cost me in petrol and time to deliver. Even if the market charge me a merchandising fee on top, it's cheaper and the guy who does the run looks after my stuff top notch, home brew sorted that.

The biggest pain with pointless aust post is their useless postage options. satchels and such, good if your posting flat lead sheets... dont know of any actual real life item that can fit (with protection etc.). Just another pointless "service".

You could get a 500gram label (was cheaper) only to find that lo-and-behold, a postage tube weighs almost that amount. again, great if your selling empty tubes. the problem is most folks want to buy an actual item...

If it's just paper, you will love aust post. if it's a 3-d item, you screwed, by yet another pointless australian "service". just another aussie joke. but still, it keeps our economy up the shit, and that great. why? well, it means australia can speak all kinds of lies to get you to pay yet another surcharge and yet another tax.. you know, to pay off our forien dept...

It's the greatest excuse in the world to rip you off. why do anything else?

I mean it's not like we can make an actual product to sell (no point anyhow as we cant post it offshore to keep our dollar and economy strong) that's why there is an insurance add every 10 seconds... we sell shit that doesnt even exist... solves the postage issues though huh.

what part are you confused about? it's very simple.

I live within 5 km from Melbourne CBD so location shouldnt be a problem. I never had a problem with post before i moved to this spot. I doubt its people stealing from letterboxes cause mine are padlocked and the hole is too small to put your hand in. I think its either this particular post office delivery sucks or auspost in general is getting worse.

I second the advice to talk or at least communicate with your postie.

We had shit not turning up, and when we went down to the po the guy said it was a new postie and that we should make a complaint because he'd had enough of hearing about it. He also gave us about 5 or 6 items that had been waiting for us, but no slips had been left.

Postie started delivering after 5pm, so I just wrote a letter and left it on the box before going to work, just saying that the old postie used to do this and that for us, left parcels, and at least left slips. We got a reply letter left that said because of our letter she couldn't see our number, and so couldn't deliver... :blink:

Anyway since then it has been as it once was, and largely without agro. Just a little bit of communication. We even say hello to each other now. :wink:

although i find the post options of australia post downright costly, impractical and well, totaly fricking stupid (typical half-arsed.. oh well) it's worth noting that my postie on bike, is pretty good. but then, in saying that, I'm often outside when he arrives. he does his job good enough i think. he is a nice person too. often stopping for a quick chat. thats nice. but yeah, when i find costly packages sitting there on the front fence or half in the mailbox it does shit me a bit. still, got to cut them some slack in THAT area while they get used to a system they typically should have been onto at least 10 years ago.. sounds familiar right..

I wanted to send a birthday card to an 80 year old bloke I've known a long time. He lives about 20 kms away. When I went to the Post Office to buy a stamp, I was told that it would take up to 5 days to get to him: first it would go to Hobart (350km away) then back up to the NW for delivery!

I drove over to his house and hand delivered it to him.

Got some interesting seeds from his daughter.

So, Auspost's loss was my gain (and some members here, as the seeds were the mandrake I have shared).

FYI:

Unless you lodge an express post at the post office AND ask for a lodgement receipt it will not be tracked until it reaches its destination or is on board for delivery.

(Unless you are very lucky)

It all turned to shit when they started contracting out the delivery driver service.

it's become a bit of a joke.