Malverde

Trichocereus ID

Question

9 answers to this question

Wow, those photos are amazing.

Thanks for posting :)

Ill let the experts do the IDing

• Like 1

Hi Malverde, first picture looks PC Pachanoi but is probably just the upper part of a very thick Bridgesii, second Picture mostly shows Bridgesiis on the right and some Pachanoi in the middle, third might be cuzcoensis or knuthianus but too far away, fourth Pachanoi (non PC), 5-7 Bridgesii (is this the same plant as the one in the first? If so, the first is definitely Bridgesii too. I know they kinda look like a Pachanoi but that´s just how very thick Bridgesiis look like and there are very little Pachanois with such long spines), 8-11 Pachanoi, last one probably Pasacana or Terscheckii but with that shot not possible to say for sure.

• Like 3

Dude your so lucky to have those to drop you free limbs! make sure you throw a cool party!! ;)

Edit thx for the cool pics! What country are you from?

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d
  • Like 1

Most of the pictures are of Trichocereus Bridgesii, a very typical looking clone! The poster child.

The ones that grow a bit fatter, and long spines of mostly even length is usually classified as Peruvianus (the bridgesii almost always have one thorn that's significantly longer than the others).

Then I see some very cool variety of San Pedro!

I'm not sure what the last one is, but it looks heavy! I live in Arizona so my first instinct is Saguaro, but clearly it's not after inspecting the thorns! I'd be interested to hear other's ID.

• Like 2

Hi, thanks everybody. Specially to Evil Genius and Derkshaman.

At first I thought most of them could be bridgesii, or bridgesii hybrids, but actually I have no idea.

The problem is that in some trunks in the lower section you can find many long spines, but in the top section it is spineless.

Two more pics from the same garden:

107676304.jpg

107676230.jpg

Greetings, and thank you again.

P.D.: Hi theuserformallyknownasd00d. It is in Spain.

Edited by Malverde
  • Like 4

The problem is that in some trunks in the lower section you can find many long spines, but in the top section it is spineless.

There are lots of trichocereus that are like that when they mature. eileen does that and some pachanois display it too when they mature.

• Like 1