The Corroboree
incognito

Jobs

If anyone is looking for harvest work for 2015 grain harvest send me a msg. Good money, around 8-10 weeks work. 12 hr days 7 days a week, working with some pretty rough lads and ladies :) don't need any previous experience, just being keen to work and work long hours, there's day and nightshift. I'm in central west nsw (near Parkes) and can assist with accomodation etc etc

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

I would give someone else's kidney to see that discussion

Fuck incog, that's my happy thought for today. Pls upload to Youtube if it does happen

• Like 2

and can assist with accomodation etc etc

Just beware when he starts lowering the basket with the lotion...

• Like 4

LoL! I doubt I can ever have a serious convo or sell anything on the internets ever again! ;)

SERIOUSLY speaking, I have a spare room and a few of the peeps I work with have spare rooms, plus there's camping facility's on sites. All harvest casual possies will be filled within the next two week so if your serious about it best pull Ze proverbial finger out of ur proverbial anuses.

• Like 1

Sorry to derail you man, I'm sure your digs would be very cosy and welcoming.

Sweet deal incog

This is a good opportunity for those of you having trouble getting work. There was a time when I would have lived in a well preparing my skin for harvest if it meant ten hours work per week, much less 84

• Like 3

Oct-nov

I would be super keen, but I just remembered I'm committed to a TAE course over October/November... someone get onto this Jobs don't grow out of trees ya lefty bludgers :P

Edited by mesq
  • Like 1

That's the spirit ;)

It will be like carmageddon except instead of running down people you run down grains, and the grains cause an obesity and diabetes epidemic killing more people than a psychopath car villain on meth ever could. Also, it would be impossible to maintain those hours nonstop by using stimulants. Some kind of carmageddob misanthrope roleplay might help get you through the day. Also it might be like that movie where Pauly Shaw is annoying in a yokel breadbasket setting; that could be fun.

Meh nah caffeine does the trick for me. U get a second and third wind. Then after the third wind wears of you are batshit crazy, but so is everyone else so it don't matter.

wow really good timing incog, will message you shortly :)

hey incog- I would if i could but alas theres this big pond in the way......but anyway, would you mind explaining the scope of work involved? 8-10 weeks of work @ 84 hrs a week either sounds like some seriously large grain fields or are you doing it the old fashioned Egyptian way?

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/harvesting_grain.htm

The farmers truck in the grain, we build big "bunkers" of the different varietys of grain for storage and fumigation and then sale. Canola, barley and wheat of all different grades. Peeps will be basically tipping trucks and cleaning up.

is it driving machinery

or manual labour stuff

usually these kinda things are shovelling, sweeping, pulling tarps, running augers and loader driving if your good and have a licence.

it can be full on propper hard work, i've shovelled grain so fast and hard till i've thrown up plenty of times when i did this job.

like the scene out of kill the irishman in the cargo hold

more working on big drive-over stackers, the truck drives over a hopper on the moveable stacker, tips the grain out the back into the hopper (slowly so u don't bog the auger) then the auger carries the grain up a conveyor which spits it out onto your grain bunker, u hafto watch the grain stack so it don't go over the sides (big dramas)

when it does look like coming over the sides u gotta move the stacker forward, therefore building a bunker of grain. that will be the main job performed. helps if u can learn on the go, as theres no formal training sessions. It aint hard work, just hot and dusty and long, though there is nightshift which is better money and less action. to put things in perspective we have forecast close to 300,000 tonne to come in the first 6 weeks. if you have a loader ticket and are VERY proficient you may get a shot, but beware, shoddy loader operators are crucified.

but anyways I replied to your pm Solomon.

oh yeah...asthmatics or peeps who get hayfever, please don't worry about this, it aint worth it for you poor buggers.

ive had to rush bastids to emergency before, also gingers don't fare to well, well they do okay but not on barley for some reason.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1