The Corroboree
M S Smith

MSS Signing Off

47 minutes ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Or is that just a concept too outlandish for us to wrap our heads around?

Sorry Halycyon, looking back it looks like I was picking on you, which was not the intent. You more than any one on this thread appear torn with conflict, a very suitable state of mind considering the subject.

10 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

As in the context of the entire post. Don't worry tho I kinda wish everyone the best really. The 'best' for MS prolly just means full rehabilitation or whatever and a chance for repentance etc. I do wish that upon him and I also wish it upon any victims and I also wish it upon you too.

Happy enough with the disclaimer?

I'd STILL prefer to know both sides of the story before pulling the trigger though. I'm sure justice has been served. But does that mean he's a full blown pedophile with no hope of ever becoming a changed man? How can we make such far- reaching judgements without even knowing his account of what happened?

Or is that just a concept too outlandish for us to wrap our heads around?

Wishing MS the best or anyone could very well mean wishing that that he ceases to engage in pedophile type acts and feels wrong for his acts of pedophilia. Wishing us all the best, well that is sweet as well. 

As regards your desire to hear the other side... I believe that a verdict has been reached already after indeed... hearing his side.

Could MS change? "Like other sexual orientations, pedophilia is unlikely to change." https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pessimism-about-pedophilia

"The goal of treatment, therefore, is to prevent someone from acting on pedophile urges — either by decreasing sexual arousal around children or increasing the ability to manage that arousal. But neither is as effective for reducing harm as preventing access to children, or providing close supervision."https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pessimism-about-pedophilia

"... most people with pedophilic tendencies eventually act on their sexual urges in some way. Typically this involves exposing themselves to children, watching naked children, masturbating in front of children, or touching children's genitals."https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pessimism-about-pedophilia

I tend to side with actual scientific research and verdicts that have been well championed in a court of law.

With all that being said... I am a realist when it comes to the facts and an idealist when it comes to what I wish were true. I do not however try to go around with blinders on or my head in the sand.