The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

decline of LSD in AUstralia

In australia in 1999, 2000 there was some really awesome acid around - 100mcg to 300mcg tabs with names like Hoffmans and Getafixes - all of them top quality. Infact every type i tried up until 2000 was quality - always that naughty/cheeky/giggly vibe with plenty of energy - something that I assumed was the norm for LSD.

Then we had a big dry spell - no one could get hold of acid anywhere in aus for ages. Unless you had a saved stash, it was very hard to get hold of.

Then the dodgy acid started coming out - sure it was still hallucinegenic - objects would waver, stars were brighter and all the other visual experiences of LSD were there, but the vibe was dead - you would get tired as after a couple of hours, had no energy to get up and do things like the older acid, no giggles, just lethargy. And there was no typical extreme horniness as well!

Could this be down to purity or what? Ive spoken to about thirty people who all agree that its not the same - like a cheapo imitation of the original.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I know what youre talking about, and my opinion, for what it's worth, is that SOME dots and tabs being passed around are LSA rather than LSD, or a minor variant on the LSA molecule.

A gnome had a very shaky and toxic experience with almost no psychaedelia just like you're saying.

Guest electro

i refuse to eat acid from peeps on the street - too much of it is just shit ...

ive seen people spray blotter papaer with cans of fly spray then sell the squares for 10 bux a piece ...needless to say i stated my objections, stoped hanging arou8nd them, and they have since been arrested lol ...

fuck paying money to be poisoned

bluemeanie:

In australia in 1999, 2000 there was some really awesome acid around - 100mcg to 300mcg tabs with names like Hoffmans and Getafixes - all of them top quality. Infact every type i tried up until 2000 was quality - always that naughty/cheeky/giggly vibe with plenty of energy - something that I assumed was the norm for LSD.

Then we had a big dry spell - no one could get hold of acid anywhere in aus for ages. Unless you had a saved stash, it was very hard to get hold of.

Then the dodgy acid started coming out - sure it was still hallucinegenic - objects would waver, stars were brighter and all the other visual experiences of LSD were there, but the vibe was dead - you would get tired as after a couple of hours, had no energy to get up and do things like the older acid, no giggles, just lethargy. And there was no typical extreme horniness as well!

Could this be down to purity or what? Ive spoken to about thirty people who all agree that its not the same - like a cheapo imitation of the original.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Well I can't comment on purity but...

AFOAF still can't get ANY!!! :(:(:(

mdma, ghb, meth, coke, appear to be huge in my area.. (so AFOAF says) but no LSD... not even LSA!

That being said.. if I was AFOAF, I would be very pissed if I got LSA..

I remember the days where clearlights, Barts and microdots were everywhere... now... nothing.

mmmmmm we need a new 'Kesey' for this century...

not quite right i think, we need secret agent O S 4 !!!!

and a big hi to os3,hope life is treating you well where ever you are,lol.

t s t .

I recently saw some 'Purple Om' havn't tried but AFOF did and reported huge amounts of laughter! This was confirmed by ppl witnessing his state.

I's out there, just not in huge amounts.

Trip Dr

i have some purple ohms - mate i got them off said they were pretty weak - ill try them out and rate em out of ten in the comming weeks

damn, purple oms that takes me back. used to be so good that a half would sometimes suffice. penguins too ahhhhh.

purple om was the first illegal drug I ever consumed. it changed my life. at the time I had no idea what acid/LSD was, had never smoked pot, or taken shrooms. The only reason i took it was cos a friend handed it to me. The irresponsible prick then disappeared and left me to my own private meltdown. I loved it.

I know that the picture doesn't actually mean anything, but one can't help romanticising some of them. In the early 90's in amsterdam my friends took me to a place where they made strawberries, purple or green oms, buddhas, red stars and probably a whole lot more. I was buying/eating strawberries and oms at the time and could have sworn there was a difference. Kinda felt stupid after seeing how it was done and that the difference was purely in my mind.

I'm not saying that all trips are the same, but certainly many are done in the same lab with the same acid. And then again I am sure there are lots of different labs doing purple oms, so the acid might be different even though the pic is the same.

I miss the days of good paper acid. These days there is heaps of acid around, but most of it is liquid. With paper one always knew that it couldn't be anythign other than LSD on that blotter. In liquid you can hide a lot of other things.

quote:

I miss the days of good paper acid. These days there is heaps of acid around, but most of it is liquid. With paper one always knew that it couldn't be anythign other than LSD on that blotter. In liquid you can hide a lot of other things.

it is a chance for you if there is heaps of liquid acid arround you now because i didn't see some from years here ! (liquid or not )

and regarding your statement about the supposed purity of blotter i have to disagree Torsten.

in the 1990's there was plenty of blotter called "fat freddy cat" which where saturated with a lot of strychnine and conservative substance.

as conclusion it seems that holland as stop or slow his production because it is impossible to find some now here(rich or not). and it is sad when we all remember the time where a buck was enough for a strong and fresh "hoffman double side"....

but we have an expression here saying that after the rain the "sunshine" :D

sun.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by VIN'S:

in the 1990's there was plenty of blotter called "fat freddy cat" which where saturated with a lot of strychnine and conservative substance.

[/QB]

how do you know this? Did you send some to batman to analize in his lab or were you the mafucker getting everyone fucked up on strychnine exclamation point exclamation point

I'd happily eat down a fistful of blotters soaked in strychnine, why the fuck not? The question here is why would anybody put strychnine on a blotter, like really whats the fucken point? It really doesnt make any sense to do it so why would they?

Chemical Shaman

(on watergragons computer drinking waterdragons beer)

CS, you 're right when you suggest that i am not a chemist....and of course i can't say it was strichnine without doubt.(thanks for correcting me, i don't want to play a part in the internet misinformation)

all i can say is that when they just go out of the creator lab (i have seen the 5000 blotters page )they are already with adjuvants which are there to increase conservation and also to increase the brain disorder. the myth was it was strichnine and a friend who tried to suicide with this stuff confirm me that the effect were closer to the stuff he used.

oohh, and please remember that i don't understand nothingto slang "yya fuchen understand ?"

[ 05. April 2004, 19:51: Message edited by: VIN'S ]

I had a friend who had a fat freddy blotter ... and he said they were absolutely intense... and everyone I know who tried them said they were the best they ever had...alot of people also had extreme flip outs and there was actually a website website which warned about them in 1999

Still one blotter of strynchine isnt going to do that much is it?? Although i would be interested in any ...things they might have used to make them last longer...that might be the bitter flavour that some tabs have... (although from what i heard the Fat freddy was the fastest...tasteless trip that seemed very clean and came on very fast)

[ 05. April 2004, 20:08: Message edited by: Mesqualero ]

i don't know about your friend but i had a lot of experience with this one, and yes they are really strong.....but not as clean as you say (anyway, as Torsten said in another topic, there are surely different lab using the same image to make blotters and not of course with the same product on it)

and regarding strychnine i just remember this which could interest you :

when i was living in "toulouse", a man died because of hash comsumption. this was suspect and the toxicology lab of "purpan" hospital began studying some sample from the police. the results shown that a lot of the "black street hash" was cuted with strychnine. (it is true and from a reliable source)

i don't know if added some strychnine is of interest for the manufacturer but i am sure that it is often use to cut drugs.

[ 05. April 2004, 20:31: Message edited by: VIN'S ]

Sorry,this may be a diversion but I've had little experience with acid and always wondered.

But what's with the dirty, speedy shit that used to float around, maybe still does?

In '89,'90,'91, it may just have been bad luck, but from different sources, the story was the same. 24 or even 48 hour horror stories were not uncommon, fortunately I never had one.

Compared with good, clean stuff, it was like chalk and cheese.

What's in that shit? Any chemists out there?

Last time i heard the strychnine myth around LSD someone was trying to tell me that the strychnine was what LSD was made of and that it caused the lsd to bubble in your spine - waiting for release years later. At the time i was in no circumstance to offer an alternative - or to speak at all realy, so i just starred on.

The reality is that most of LSD is metabolised before you even leave baseline - the reality is that LSD isnt made or doesnt not contain any strychnine - and ive heard time and time again people proposing that because a trip does something nastier to your body than usual, its the strychnine that is causing it.

And lastly, why would someone add strychnine to a mix of liquid silver? what possible purpose would it serve? At thjat dosage it is quite harmless anyway.

ahhh now this is taking me back.....!! every weekend for about 6 months really started to take its toll on my wee gnome.

purple ohms

space oddyseys

microdots

strawberry fields

smily faces

jokers

lightning bolts

supermans

black dragons

oooh im starting to get a metallic taste in my mouth,and my legs have become really restless.....

Strychnine is total B.S. when it comes to blotter. You can't get enough on a piece of paper to do squat. 15mg has been lethal but generally 50mg is considered a lethal dose. Apparently a person doesn't even notice 1mg.

I remember people saying strychnine was in mushrooms too.

Something I've just read says speedy acid is LSD-25 and "good" acid is probably something called N-acetyl-LSD. As for lethargic acid, who knows?

I think a lot of the time all this talk of things being laced with this and that is crap. For a while people were saying lethargic E's were laced with heroin! Who in their right mind would bother doing that.

By the way were strawberries the one's with the plastic backing?

[ 06. April 2004, 01:12: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

i was ov the same opinion as all you guys

"why would anyone put strychnine in anything?"

i've heard that in small doses it will open your CNS to more sensory input(that's how it kills in large doses)-- but rather than putting strychnine in i'd have thought they'd just put more drug in.

then i read this

http://www.sorted.org/diy/DIYwarnings/may2001.htm

That was a 8mg pill. It's amazing what some F**KS will do. I still think that contamination is in a very small minority of cases.

Shulgin has never found strychnine in LSD.

As a great man once said, "Never buy from peeps on the street!"

My first ever trip was on Black smily faces. They were great. When i moved into a block of flats at uni i remember going next door to introduce myself and the guy said 'dont put your hadn there 'and before me was a sheet of 100 Getafixes - and these guys sent me hyperspace bliss for hours - the strongest purest acid ive tried - and ive done many liquid trips...that whole year was acid fuelled - i remember he and i went through 25 trips in about four months - not bad when you work and study as well...And sometimes i would find the same types more speedy than other times, but never lethargic and non-giggly...

We also had lots of duds - purple unicorns, grapefruits, skull and cross-bones, and others - the hoffmans were hardcore too - but i prefered the lower doses from sunflowers.

I realise all this talk of image vs. quality is redudant, but its fun anyway.

I assume the shit qulity now days is due to poor purity - or as you speculate - slight variations on the real deal...

I'm just amazed how little is still known about LSD. A quick browse on the net yields all these different answers. Is LSD-25 the good stuff or is it an acetyl-LSD? You'd think there'd be a definate answer by now, and I remember reading about how Owsley said it was relatively easy to make! :rolleyes: