The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ohcactusisgood

Thanks Ali Express

Just ordered 4 batches of Euphorbia seed from AliExpress. Wasn't expensive so I figured I'd give it a try. All 4 orders with different vendors were counterfeit seeds (clearly not Euphorbia of any kind). Bah. Didn't risk more than a few dollars each, and wasn't expecting much but...

• Like 2

Interesting. Never tried them but really didnt expect them to be THAT bad. What countries were they shipping from? Like, China?

I've read some real horror about those bastards. I saw a few things at prices that seemed too good to be true a few years ago, so I investigated ali express and there are thousands (if not millions) of people that have been stung by them. If you get ripped off there's not much recourse for a refund if the ali-gods don't think you deserve one.

Unlike ebay who cracked down on Chinese scam merchants operating on their site ali couldn't give a fuck and even seems to endorse rip offs.

They reckon after the ebay crackdown large parts of shenzen city were vacated overnight. They packed up shop and shot through with the cash.

That's always in my mind when I see chinese people buying Australian real estate, how much of their money came from ripping off westerners.

Haha oh man I recently spent $20 just to find out and yeh, seeds don't match the plants, and then all the seeds look exactly the same and didn't come with any form of identification rather just skus I had to match up! hillarious

• Like 1

Same experience. Definitely not the seeds ordered.
Also quite some time back I ordered some 256gb USB's
They LOOKED completely legitimate with security stickers and proper packaging, logos everything. They were 256mb counterfeits.
I think if you get something from there you just need to buy things where counterfeits wouldn't really matter. like plastic chinese containers. Who would care if they were "counterfeit" lols.

That's always in my mind when I see chinese people buying Australian real estate, how much of their money came from ripping off westerners.

poor little westerners who all throughout history & the modern era have never ripped off anyone. poor innocent little fellas

• Like 3

Are you suggesting I rip people off paradox ?

If you can come up with one example of any time in my life that I've ever ripped anyone off go ahead.

If you can come up with one example of any time in my life that I've ever ripped anyone off go ahead.

Correct me if I am wrong paradox, but sally the comment wasnt about whether you've ripped anyone off, it was more about how shit your comment is.... you know... the racist comment you made that paradox quoted...

r

of course i'm not bro, i'm being sarcastic & making a massive generalization about hundreds of millions of people. you know, the way you did in that quote i posted. the only difference is that you were generalizing about billions of people instead of hundreds of millions..

it's sarcastic because western civilization throughout history, has been involved in by far the most ripping off of other people this planet has ever known..

i know sarcasm doesn't translate into text very well did i really have to explain that?

• Like 1

took the words outa my mouth db haha

& yeah Ali express seems pretty dodge to me.. which is why i have never used it.. is pretty tempting though.. i'd like one of those chinese herbal medicine grinders..

a while back this website was the only lead i came up with at the time.

Sorry Paradox

It's day three since I quit smoking, I guess I should go outside and chill in the garden.

I can see in hindsight how that statement looks.

Peace Bro

• Like 3

Correct me if I am wrong paradox, but sally the comment wasnt about whether you've ripped anyone off, it was more about how shit your comment is.... you know... the racist comment you made that paradox quoted...

True, I was trying to elicit a more honest response

Then when paradox had a laugh at my expense I took offence.

took the words outa my mouth db haha

I'm just the villiage idiot - haha . Stand in a circle and revel at my dumb comments for now, there won't be any more.

@sally sometimes they got rich from embezzlement in China proper. The explosion of growth there has made many legit and illegitimate millionaires. It's been said that Vancouver has been ruined by the real estate speculation from Chinese millionaires who pay huge sums for real estate.

I knew what I was getting into, since I knew how to ID the seeds and they were not much money I figured it was fine. But 0 out of 4 vendors is not very impressive. Not sure I'd order anything from there again.

One vendor who I paid 1.14$ for seeds has refused my refund and is asking me to ship the seeds back for a 50% refund. Haha, not likely.

Can u post pics of the seed??

I guess you might as well sow them out and see what you get.

Yeah, definitely not euphorbia seed. Just did a quick Google image search and nothing looks even remotely close (granted the accuracy of such a search is questionable). Interestingly though I did come across this image in said search from sister company Alibaba. Seems to be an accurate portrayal of what you are actually getting when you order euphorbia seed from them. :wink:

I've ordered a bunch of Euphorbia seed before, and since it's so unique as a seed I got a good look. I bought 4-5 specific seeds and a few mixes (that's my photo up top).