The Corroboree

Why are we here?

You'll never know the answer until you die.

Either we are just a meaningless coincidence that just happened to evolve into what we are... in which case I'll just die eventually (probably from lung cancer or a heart attack, from smoking to much tobacco) and never no any difference. Or our entire purpose is to procreate and I will find out that I completely face-palmed, simply by not blowing a load into my ex well I had the chance.

Sounds incredibly primitive & offensive, I suppose.... but we are just primitive & offensive creatures, lets face it.

Why are we here?

- to create, love, dance, grow, experience

why?

- because we can

• Like 2

We are probably here to feed the earth and become soil, seems everything else is a story to keep us at it, and what an awesome and riveting story it is : ) I really don't believe in anything except maybe nothing, to me nothing appears to be the foundation for everything, we need empty space but empty space most likely does not need us.

Its all funny really how we come to believe so deeply that there is a here and there for must be a why etc, we where/are taught things that provoke questions such as why, I don't believe anything I was taught and therefor do not believe in things like why, I say just do what ever you want or need to do and add to the story how you please, the more we add to the story the more compelling the story becomes and the more inclined we become to add to it.

To believe there is a why is delirium at its finest, or I could just as likely be unhinged living in a manic mind.

I might start a cult of nothingness and sally can be our primary leader : )

Because a single celled organism decided one day that masterbation just didnt cut it anymore.

• Like 3

Was leaning toward: just coz...

But then I figured a less lazy comment would be:

coz if we weren't here there'd be no one asking that question.. As in, it seems miraculous that we exist at all, but even if the probability of our existing in the universe were almost infinitesimally small, then we would only ever be asking that question during that one almost infinitesimally unlikely instance that we did happen to exist & all the rest of eternity we would simply be entirely unaware of.. So even though it may well be that our existence is almost infinitesimally unlikely, it's not actually that strange that we are existing right at this moment & so are asking that question.. For the simple fact that we do in fact happen to be here asking that question.

Edited by paradox
  • Like 2

Sex is more of an answer to how are we here. That's not to exclude it as an answer to why we're here, I just think that's an important distinction, since drinking water is part of how we're here but unlike sex nobody is going to give it as a reason for why we're here. If I'm guessing, which I am, this gives us a hint that if we don't take a materialist view then sex or at least procreation may not be the best answer.

Sex in the right orifice as a lot of animals get confused.

Why are we here?

Well, as far as I know, we just are. We just simply exist.

On the other hand you could say were here to just mate and reproduce which seems to be the purpose of human life, if there is one LOL.

Still wouldn't say reproducing is the meaning of human life though, we just do it ya know? :P

Basically, I don't know.

Edit:
Why are we here?

To reproduce.

Why?
To make more people.

Why?
So we can take over the world and reproduce better.

Why?

To spread love and joy!

Why?

It just is what it is...

Why?

Seems to me like you can constantly ask why something happens forever and ever and never amount to any substantial answer. What seems far more important is "what" happens. I don't know though. I'm young and naive.

Edited by Nibbana

why did the universe come into existence?

• Like 1

'Why' is quite a loaded question when it comes to these kind of things. It subtly kind of assumes there is some specific reason as though the existence of the universe must follow some kind of human-thought logic.. 'How' is possibly more useful.

I think the crux of these questions though, is that: 'how' & 'why' are only products of the human intellect, which is in fact only an inherently limited & very small part of the entirety of our perceptual capacity. Any answers we may come up with through the intellect alone will always be limited by a very specific set of associations & learned neurological patterns that happen to make up the structure of that intellect ie our education, experience, natural intelligence, emotional or political or religious bias etc

How & why are important questions & make up a really essential part of our understanding of (deep things) but ultimately when all is said & done it seems it's equally if not much more important to come to terms with that most fundamental of facts, that 'we ourselves' are utterly indistinct from the entirety of all existence & therefore we already ARE what we are trying so desperately to understand & so put simply, probably the most effective way of 'understanding' it all is to figure out how to directly experience the holographic nature of it all directly with a totally clear awareness (easier said than done). Yes this is a cliche but so be it.. we'd really do well when pondering these things to let go of our pathological habit of labeling everything we experience & deluding ourselves into thinking we understand something because we have assigned a word to it & compartmentalized in our associative memory bank.

This is almost blasphemy in western education but thoughts, as extremely useful & important as they are, are ultimately only very limited neurological constructs. We can play intellectual games & devise theories that are very useful for all kinds of reasons but ultimately the intellect will not & by it's very nature cannot answer such fundamental questions as 'why are we here?' the reductionist method in this case is an infinite regression of questions who's answers lead to more questions ad infinitum.

This stuff has been interpreted & misinterpreted by countless humans & there's all kinds of misinformation about it.. But it's essentially what the Buddha & other pretty smart dudes were all about. This stuff is usually pretty difficult for westerners that tend to have (to put it simply) generally Aristotelian based neurological programming.

But to be honest it's hard for anyone, basically because our evolution as apes has tended toward us neurologically rendering the world in extremely over simplified patterns & we have all been strongly programmed from birth to interpret our senses in simplistic ways that best allow for the basic needs of survival & culture of a social bipedal ape.

i don't know.. this all may sound like wishy washy gobbledygook, my brains too tired to tell.. if so thats understandable. But i reckon it should be taken into account that the 'universe' itself is fundamentally not logical. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that in some sense it is logical, but only in some sense. It is hyper complex (by most reckoning infinitely) beyond the simple, generally linear structure of human 'thought.' It baffles me why humans tend to assume that the universe itself must actually fundamentally be the way our manky little deluded ape brains tend to interpret it..

That said, humans would do well to realize that our consciousness is capable of a lot more that just 'thought.' Thats all i'm saying i guess.. cause imo until we do, even remotely adequate 'answers' to these questions will never be possible.

edit: because i'm sleep deprived & having a hard time making sense today

Edited by paradox
  • Like 2

i am here to play KoЯn to my dmt plants, smoke blunts all day & do sex stuff

Yeah, sounds all and good well, just so long as your all healthy and good.... of course.

But.... just imagine that very second when you know for a fact, your taking one of your very last breaths on on this earth.

Do you think you'll have an overwhelming sense of regret? Then beg with every last bit of energy you have left to some higher life form that probably don't even exist, for just one more chance, to not waste your life in such a way?

Edited by Subaeruginosin

And on bloody korn at that

• Like 1