The Corroboree
paradox

Crazy Chain of Typhoons Encircling the Earth

This is pretty epic, i was just cruising on google earth & there this was.

as the title says.

When you see it on google earth it's striking..

post-2376-0-79251900-1436424605_thumb.jp post-2376-0-23200300-1436424478_thumb.jp post-2376-0-83037600-1436424493_thumb.jp

post-2376-0-41290800-1436424507_thumb.jp post-2376-0-14472800-1436424520_thumb.jp post-2376-0-25377900-1436424538_thumb.jp

post-2376-0-67570000-1436424551_thumb.jp post-2376-0-13416900-1436424568_thumb.jp post-2376-0-30666500-1436424585_thumb.jp

taiwan typhoon chain.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain2.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain3.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain4.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain5.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain6.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain7.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain8.jpg

taiwan typhoon3.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain2.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain3.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain4.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain5.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain6.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain7.jpg

taiwan typhoon chain8.jpg

taiwan typhoon3.jpg

Edited by paradox
  • Like 8

the true typhoons are only in the pacific but it's so interesting the way these systems are forming in this ring all the way around the planet. i'd love to hear a meteorological explanation

haarp :P

But seriously it looks pretty weird I also would love to know what its all about!

Edited by jwerta

i'd love to hear a meteorological explanation

i wouldn't

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers/videos

doesn't describe the girdle of clouds in today's episode but he does express concern for japan.

just to give ben davidson a bit of credit (in case you think these videos are just a daily dose of BS) he posted a major earthquake bulletin the day nepal was hit.

• Like 2

The photos are likely not taken simultaneously so the systems could possibly be all the same system moving accross the globe at different times.

• Like 1

No the clouds are a live(ish) feed from weather data, not photos

• Like 2

Typhoon Chan-hom has crossed China's heavily populated eastern coast, forcing the evacuation of almost 1 million people, shutting transport links and devastating swathes of farmland, the government and state media said.

The powerful storm could be the strongest typhoon to strike Zhejiang province, just south of Shanghai, since 1949, China's National Meteorological Centre (NMC) said.

It made landfall at 4:40pm (6:40pm AEST) near the port of Ningbo, home to almost 6 million people, before brushing Shanghai and its population of 23 million.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-11/almost-1-million-evacuated-as-super-typhoon-hits-china/6612212

6611484-3x2-700x467.jpg

Edited by waterboy 2.0

Nothing strange, we are in typhoon season here in the western Pacific...two years ago we had a double typhoon if I remember well.

It's like a ping-pong game between Kadakuda (in Taiwan) and me (in Oki), don't worry !

In fact it just passed on my garden last Friday: the usual back breaking joy of moving the whole trich collection inside (Mutant, your KK339 is bigger than me !), seeing the caapi being shredded to bits, etc...positive point: mosquitoes don't come back for a week after a typhoon,lol.

I should note that it was the first typhoon for my two chacrunas without any protection and I was pleasantly surprised how though the P.viridis leaves are; they get the "typhoon resistant plant" seal of approval !

There is another typhoon next week...average number of typhoons in our Pacific area is around 20 per year...if only we could extract energy from typhoons all would be well...

• Like 1

obviously theres nothing strange about typhoons. As i said, whats interesting is that there was that strikingly uniform ring of low pressure systems forming all the way around the planet, of which quite a few had developed into full blown typhoons & many were at various stages of development & would never have the energy to fully form.. personally i have never seen such uniformity of related systems over such a vast area.

the pictures don't really demonstrate very well why i thought it worthy of posting. Still, i figure plant heads might have been interested in weather related anomalies.. i suppose not so much..

Edited by paradox
  • Like 2

yeah i've been watching these with my popcorn too. didn't mention it cause i thought everyone would would be all like *yawn*

a set of sneak previews from the latest electric universe conference

(you can stream the whole thing for US$95 which i can easily afford but i need to pay less attention to this stuff not more, i've got other things i should be worried about)

at 2:30 ben davidson is likening hurricanes to sunspots. my enlightened guess is that the lines he's talking about are the concentric circles of a birkeland current (cylinders nested within each other), something like you'd see here at the south pole of saturn

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0810/southpole_cassini.jpg

while we can infer electric fields beyond the solar system by their magnetic fields and other observations, real observations from an electric field are achieved by probing them with an instrument (poking them with a stick). therefore, we have evidence for a lot of electrical stuff going on in our own solar system but most of all on and around our own planet. it's an incredibly complex and dynamic system and it isn't fully understood.

we recently observed the long-hypothesised plasma sausages around the equator

this stuff is where it's at IMHO, and unlike the fantasy detour astro-physicists have been caught up in, electrical phenomenon can actually be reproduced in labs, it can be studied here on earth and scaled to apply to the wider universe. we also have a laboratory in the form of natural phenomena to figure out here on earth. for instance we're all vaguely aware of the upward equivalent of a lightning strike: sprites and jets. recently some kind of supersprites were observed above a storm in hawaii. anybody who thinks we've got a grip on this stuff is mistaken. whatever good intentions they have, meteorologists don't concern themselves enough with space weather, and to be fair to them, the mainstream position endorses the view of earth as a relatively isolated "island". instead of a tiny, dense, radiant dot in the centre (completely isolated from the galaxy), the solar system can be viewed as the suns enormous plasmasphere (you could fit every star in the galaxy inside the heliopause), connected to its neighbourhood by a birkeland current. planetary bodies aren't whizzing around the sun in isolation, they are immersed in it's plasmasphere, with all kinds of magnetic and electric interactions taking place to such an extent that gravity itself (which, like everything else, has only been studied up close on earth and in the solar system) is secondary.

hurricanes. interesting things. electrical things. storms on other planets have been observed puffing the atmosphere up to a tremendous degree

http://cdn.phys.org/newman/gfx/news/hires/2015/54e216061dcea.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/photos/000/515/51516.ngsversion.1421961015255.adapt.768.1.jpg

many of these planets also have unaccountable "hotspots" where electric interactions are taking place.

to consider weather events on earth while disregarding space weather isn't going to give us a complete understanding but that's basically where we're at, and as long as this attitude dominates the sciences then our science is handicapped.

IMHO

in light of the hurricanes in the atlantic coupled with an x9 solar flare, lets take another look at this topic

Edited by ThunderIdeal