The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_Cursive

My home made greenhouse.

Thank you man! :)

Really great work!

What are you doing for temperature regulation?

• Like 1

Nice work mate!!!!

I've also made my own greenhouse, heaps better than bunnings crap + cheaper!

Looking at yours, do you have some windows for ventilation? I can see it gaining a lot of humidity otherwise. Also the greenhouse plastic is tuff, but stapling it down will mean it is much more prone to tearing in heavy weather!!

• Like 1

Hey guys! Thanks or the compliments! So regarding the ventilation, the corrugated roof has a natural ventilation due to the gaps in between the framing. That way I figured, I don't need to add in extra work. It's working so far! Come Summer I will merely leave the door open :wink:

Where I have stapled it, if you look at the pics, I have the wrapping starting points from the door, where I have secured the starting points stapled internally, wrapped right around the framing and covered in staples. I have stapled ALL over the outside horizontal/vertical framework also.
Now the wrap was only 2m wide, so I had to use a second layer over top. I over-lapped the second layer well and stapled it down A LOT, I'm not worried so far, we have had some high winds and I have been inside it - to check, and it stands up to those without a flinch (so far) :-D

Edited by _Cursive

Good work mate looks great. If the staples do fail, just screw a piece of square quad along the edges :)

• Like 1

Good work. :)

I have a similar one - timber with

A few thing I would consider.

If the staples tear the plastic, add more staples !

I would consider getting some of the foam corragation filling stuff to stop the ventilation. You may be able to do it so they can be removed as nessercary. My greenhouse is air tight and in winter it gets nice and toasty, I have another greenhouse which isn't air tight and it gets very cold. All the warm air will run out of the roof. Humidity build up is an issue though, but not one I worry about too much.

And group your plants by their needs. Dry ones on the left, wet on the right :)

• Like 3

^ That's great info! Thanks Watertrade :)

I had thought about the foam corrugation filler, buuut I'm in Auckland and our Winters are tame at best :) Yeah it get's down to 1 Deg on occasion, but usually that doesn't last long. It's surprising how warm it gets in there, but your info much appreciated!

The watering needs is a great idea too! I merely threw them up on there from the floor and haven't paid them much attention since :P

Someone knows their way around a piece of timber. Nice job :-)

• Like 1

Good job man!

Nice plants too.

Edited by dajindo
  • Like 1

Wow. Mad skills. Your plants will love their new home, you should be very proud!

• Like 1

solid effort, looks awesome man!

• Like 1

Thank you VERY much for the compliments! :) It's very rewarding building your own cactus haven hide out for the cooler months :lol: