The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
theuserformallyknownasd00d

Pc pach?

Question

Hello got this pach from an old lady out bush, in a town called Harden, who happened to be waiting for the wood man to turn up as I was gawking at the mother plant in her front yard. I couldn't get a pic of the mother plant because of the afternoon sun but I'll go past again I'm sure. She got it as a small cutting when she moved in and got it from a lady around the corner, I forgot to ask the exact age but the mother clump was a good 2 meters wide. Apparently it fell often and never got hit by the thick frosts. If it's unique I'll name it woodman and spread it out when I get a few cuttings

post-9832-0-92466500-1435655419_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-06326500-1435655496_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-25726400-1435655544_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Spies look a little long for PC,, the notches are also a bit deeper than most of themPC I've seen. Although many folk around. Here might consider your cactus a PC. Is nice eithermway

It certainly does look like a PC, but the spines do look a little long, though I wouldn't use that to disqualify it as a PC. I'm actually more curious about the spine color in that last tip shot. The look almost a dark brown. Are they, or is that just an illusion of some sort? Are they somewhat "horn" colored? If so then I wouldn't think it a pure PC, but rather a hybrid with the PC being dominant.

~Michael~

• Like 1

Hey Michael, the new spines on top growth are darker yes, all except for one spine in each areole which is a lighter tan colour. I know the picture looks deceptive but it's a fairly true colour shot. The last seasons spines seem to have gone a light grey colour now but yeh the new ones are a bit more dark brown and horn-ish :P

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

The new growth is a dark lush green and the older last season growth seems to be a bit frosty and blue. The cutting came from full sun and woulda had a good frost on it that morning as it went down to -2C there