The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heyowana

Why subs are sub par and meanies even worse.

I'd say if I had a choice between a very strong dose of subs and a beating by a professional boxer I'd chose the boxer :)

You really don't like them then.

I don't mind how they start off.

I feel tingling in the stomach. I reaaly like that.

Even when their under way I still like thrm.

Yes I feel clear but now things start to accelerate.

Including the what if question.

What if this happened?

Guess what it's gonna happen.

Not only that but something else will too.

I end up thinking this voice of doom comes from somewhere else.

Anf where ever that place is I don't want to be there.

Meanies the same.

Goldtops if they work can get me to that place.

The ones I like don't

They are pleasant euphoric and clear.

They take me to places and I can analyse and work through problems. Without the boogey man trying to interfere.

All my friends or even acquaintances don't trip on mushrooms because of the nastiness they have experienced when taking goldtops even. Meanies and subs forget it.

By the time I found the ones in Topaz no one wanted to try them.

I tell them they are nothing like the others.

Doesn't matter. That seems to be the prevailing attitude generally.

They are more like dope when they first come on.

They taste far better than meanies goldtops and subs.

I hate the taste of meanies.

I find goldtops have a dirty iodine crap taste

Subs taste better. Kind of sweeter but bitter aftertaste.

The Topaz ones tasted sweet and sort of tangy with a mild chilli bite at the end.

The Dalmorton ones tasted similar but more bitter.

The ones I find here taste sweet and s bit savory.

I've haven't eaten enough of them to pass judgement because I want them to spread their spores.

They are too small too.

That's why I want to find them in a natural habitat because if they are like the best ones here I won't need as many.

They have a nice euphoric effect. It gets more intense about 2 hours in.

I felt that blissful for about 2 hours when I took 12g fresh.Then my breathing started to go weird.

I kept wanting to breathe really deeply. It felt great. Then I had to lay down because I started vibrating. It radiated from the center of my chest outwards.

The visions became more intense as I vibrated.

At the 4 hour mark I got back onto shroomery and could write OK

I'd like to try 30g fresh. Then 50.Thrn go for a big one.

Trouble is I'd need a river. Not my pissy little drain.

Oh well keep searching. One day.

You know nothing Jon snow;)

If devastating effects are the only consideration I know one that would blast subs and meanies out of the water.

I lived in Beecroft Sydney when I first disvovered subs in the bush near me in 1981.

They are a lot stronger than the subs growing in the mountains by a fsctor of about 5 : 2 I think.

When I found different mushrooms with the weirdest stem I've seen on a magic mushroom the subs though different in effect seemed boring and pretty average.

The stem on the othrrs reminded me of a mini tree trunk with little notches in them that were always stained dark blue.

They were devastating. Meltdown to the point of paralysis. Even when I wad mixing them with subs the effect would just take over.

The subs at Beecroft always gave me a lot more energy at first than mountain subs. They seemed similar to strong meanies on the comeup.

When mixed with thr fat stem small capped ones no problem for about one hour.

Then the meltdown ones would kick in with a wave. I'd sag down to the ground. Couldn't even open my eyes and trip HARD.

It was crazy. When I stopped mixing them and just took them by themselves it was worse.

Each time I'd feel nothing for about an hour. If the dose was big even longer then bam they'd hit.

I didn't miss them at all when I left Beecroft in 1987.

They grew behind a house about the second last one before you got to Devlins creek reserve.

That house had Azaleas and Rhododendrons all through its back yard. It was on Mahers rd.

I'd walk up the creek which ran behinf their house and pick them.They were along the creek mixed with subs until you come to these flat rocks no more than 50 meters down the creek from the house.

When I walked up from the creek I could follow the fat stemmed ones to their backyard.

I am saying where exactly because they put a highwsy in not long after I left Beecroft.

Mahers rd and the houses got demolished.

I'd still like to go down there sometime and look just in case they are around.

Here is something that I'd love to clear up.

Why Golden meanies aren't known about anymore.

They were a Psilocybe species. Looked nothing like a meanie and people used to talk about them.

It was 1988 around August. A friend from Katoomba was going up to the commune Ohm shalom to live. I used to grow a lot of dope back then. Don't anymore because I have been busted too many times.

I had inherited a strain that had the following genetics. Mullumbimby madness crossed with a devastating Mango sativa from Wooli. This in turn was crossed with a Lebanese SATIVA (they are extinct now) which showed up around Coffs in the mid to late seventies.

It was good weed. My friend wanted me to take some up to Turntable falls commune and Mullumbimby to blow some people out.

In those days you could drivr around with a car boot full of dope and no one cared less.

I had some lavender thai in there as well. It was too loose buded because it was grown in Sydney.

So off we went. This guy would bump into people he knew wherever we went.

After staying at Nimbin and Mullum for about a week we went to Byron which was a small fishing village. I had some dried mushrooms. Guy I knew returns to where we were staying one night exclaiming I melted I melted. Guess I was still going down to Beecroft and picking those other ones then thinking about it.

We then headed out to Tenterfield picked up some supplies for him. Then west out to Ohm shalom along the Bruxner highway.

We turn off the highway and drive past a sign with a mushroom painted on it that looks like a goldtop without a veil with a prominent bump on top of the cap.

We go in and meet the people. Me being my normal anti social self goes off and does about an hour or so of Tai chi.

The next dsy I've got to leave so I can get back to Sydney to go to a meeting that night.

My friend takes me over to a fruit tree with chicken wire around it and tells me to have a look.

At the base of the tree growing in the pile of sheep manure they'd put around it were those little mushrooms they called Golden meanies.

They looked in shape a bit like a liberty cap with a shorter stem. Except they were gold on the csp.

They were in a cluster I don't remember how many.

The woman there asks me if I would like to give them a go. I said I can't because I've got to get back to Sydney. I asked if I could take some with me. She said no because the commune rules say visitors have to stay there if thry are going to trip on mushrooms. I felt ripped off at the time. Looking back it made a lot of sense.

So I head back to Sydney.

He rings me up one day and tells me about a trip on the golden meanies.

He said they were heavy and dark. Guess they were pretty potent.

I just don't think I'm sane enough to do drugs lol

Nitrous is about my limit these days ;)

I don't mean to change subject but why are we allowed to discuss things of this nature with the mushrooms but discussion of a similar tone is totally off limits with regard to cacti. Innocent question, I just do not understand at all?!?!! I find this thread fascination by the way!!!

Your right, point taken. Can I have a moment to talk to you about the humble platypi?

Trichs aren't scheduled YET. Guess they want to keep it that way.

One of my favourite threads here is The ordinariness of Eileen. Sure doesn't sound ordinary.

Anyway for all those who used to go mushrooming in the pineforest at Hampton before it got logged.

I used to find subs in there as early as the end of Feb. Then sometimes go out in May and see them with snowfall on them.

I used to go in the main entrance where you take a right towards Oberon on the Jenolan caves road.

I'd go up the hill and take the first left turn.

That would take you down a hill and hit another track. On the way down on the left it was always very wet and dark.

Around the pinetrees down that wet gully I'd find a pineforest psilocybe that had similar morphology to P.pellicullosa.

They were there even when there were no subs around. They were weak but a lot like dope if you ate 20 or more.

Anyway if you went in the entrance and kept going past that track on the left I tslked about you'd see a clearing on the right then a track on the right. That track would take you back to the main road.

If you go down that track about 100 meters or so there was a big clearing on the left. There were a few pines in there but a lot more sunlight.

I was in there one day after heavy rain and saw two weird looking pinecones.

As I looked closer each little segment had a dark blue dot in the middle. They were mushrooms.

I uprooted one of the mushroom pinecones and saw they had sky blue stems. They were a more robust version of the P.pelliculosa lookalikes I found near that other track. They were darker on the cap and had more bluing.

I just took one of the mushroom pinecones and was a bit disappointed. There effect was the same as the others. Think there were sbout 24 or so from memory.

^ good point , although that depends on which state you live in. TPTB showed us that In West Aus a few years ago. Many around here would remember that sad story. Any way on with the good info mate! Love the history you have with these matters, priceless. I've been observing one sub patch in the South west of Aus for 21 years now and it's amazing to see the changes that it has gone through in that time.

Twenty one years. That would go back to the Bailingup days. More or less.

When I was 16 in '76 I was canoeing up the Mooloola river on the sunshine coast with my brother. I wasn't eating mushrooms in those days. Neither was he.

We got up to the fresh where we would fish for bass flathead depending on the season.

I had to get out for a while so went for a walk in a paddock. I found this what I thought was a gold top because that's all I knew about.

It was growing off a log stained the darkest blue and didn't have a veil. I'd give it a different name today.

We ALL (myself included) have to reign in this illegal shroom ingesting such posts it ain't a good look?

What do yall reckon?

I'm on a mission. A nocturnal emission. Well just a mission.

When I was a kid I lived at Epping in Sydney.

We left there just after I turned 6.

I used to see this face on the wall when I'd wake up at night. It was a man who was bald and had brown skin.

I started dreaming about him. I dreamed one night that he came up to me with his hand out.

He had a little mushroom in the palm of his hand.

I took it and broke the stem. It turned blue.

So if he showed me the way to understand it is only fair for me to show you the way.

There has been a rhyme that has been in my head forever. It goes

Heyowana heyowana heyowana hey eye oh.

I chant to it all the time espescially when I'm tired

I even walk to it. There are other lines but I'll leave that for now.

Yes mate, Ballingup is the classical epicentre of what is a small range of habitat for such things Westside, but for me I know the Nannup area a little better. I would like such knowledge to be discussed myself but I am just a pup around these parts and with regard to said knowledge. I think it's sad we can't talks about these things openly.sad it is a person can sit around and talk with passion about a fine wine but other things......

We ALL (myself included) have to reign in this illegal shroom ingesting such posts it ain't a good look?

What do yall reckon?

Perhaps there wasn't always ingestion of the flesh? I think it's possible that there can be an energetic feel (psychometry etc) to different natural materials? Similar (but different) to using crystals for healing on all levels of Self. For example two different samples of psubs (AFAIK ;-) ) from different parts of the country had VASTLY different mental connection upon greeting by something as simple as looking into a bag. The first sample being sneaky fuckers with a love of schadenfreude from a distance; the second sample were cheeky fuckers who were very clique-y (you're either WITH us or AGAINST us) but love watching you squirm from right up close - Gimp mask anyone?

Possibly horseshit, and perhaps it comes down to the individual perception (MY Self in my case) of what I'm looking/touching/connecting with? Good vibes, bad vibes, that one plant you have that you just get the feeling it doesn't like you...?

Yes Daturs strammonium. With datura weaker equals better. Datura ferox being a much safer bet.

I remember seeing that documentary about Bailingup. I remember some spiel by one of the landowners about with Margaret river wines costing 20 dollars a bottle no wonder these people are taking mushrooms. Made me laugh.

<< deleted - off topic and redundant >>

I keep wanting to call the ones I found at Topaz in Qld and the ones up the road from Dalmorton Tropical liberty caps.

Haven't read the rest of thread, but topaz is mostly around where I go collecting.. I've tried home grown subs, and I've always said our wild field shrooms up here are where its at.. I'll take photos of all the varieties I stumble across this season and report back..

Breeds of platypi

I promise to keep drug references out of it. Oh oh those last three words might get me going.

Yes Topaz has an incredible micro climate.

Horizontal rain during the wet season takes some getting used to.

I lived right next door to Bartle Frere. Tallest mountain in Qld.

A tropical liberty cap like P.samuiensis fits the bill pretty well. I think it has the separable gelatinous pellicle which the mushies at Topaz, Dalmorton and here all have in common.

The size of the Topaz ones seem too big for P.samuiensis however.

I was speculating a couple of months ago on shroomery about the bull the local dairy man at Topaz owned.

He called it an Imperial Brahman. Weird looking. Looked almost hippopotamus like. Really short in the body,wide as anything and not that tall. Nothing like your normal one by any means.

Anyway his dairy herd and this bull ran all over my paddocks.

I know people go on about cattle spreading magic mushrooms.

Maybe the bull introduced them somehow.

If you go out there PM me beforehand and I can fill in any missing details.

My brother said he might snap a few pics for me to let the TI's on shroomery check out.

Here is some history that may interest some.

Topaz was part of the Russell river goldfield. The goldminers in the area used to dig aquifers to carry the water vast distances across the land for a water supply. This in turn would then run down the steep valleys of the creeks through what they called monitors. The force of gravity would give the miners enough pressure to blast the dirt loose and then wash it through riffles to catch the gold. The remaining aquifers are still quite visible in the world heritage.

In the cow paddocks there are still remnants of them that run here and there.

The local historical society used to go out to the cow paddocks on their way to the world heritage to try and see these remnants from the goldmining days.

When I was living there I found thr aquifers or is it aquafers very rewarding to look at as well.

In fact they were an ideal place to look.